[2.1] Dbum's Blade Vortex SuperTank [Block, MoM, EB, GR, Cybil's] HC Viable **Video Added**

Life gain on hit or life gained from attacks doesn't work with spells does it? so basically claw serves no purpose for this build?

I actually don't even know how ur leeching life back?
Last edited by Teyo on Dec 12, 2015, 11:40:02 PM
"
Teyo wrote:
Life gain on hit or life gained from attacks doesn't work with spells does it? so basically claw serves no purpose for this build?

I actually don't even know how ur leeching life back?

+x life gained for each enemy hit by your spells will give you Life back.

Eventually, you spec into Ghost Reaver (Life Leech applies to Energy Shield instead of Life). We run the Life Leech gem which leeches our ES.

Make sense?
The life on attack doesn't seem to give me anymore life currently 37 with this build, curious as to when ur gunna take all the defense nodes and i'm guessing ur going block last
"
Teyo wrote:
The life on attack doesn't seem to give me anymore life currently 37 with this build, curious as to when ur gunna take all the defense nodes and i'm guessing ur going block last

- Look at the item description: "life gained for each enemy hit by your spells". That's the most important one here. It what makes this build work. Life gain per attack hits is also on this item, but we don't use it at all.

- Block nodes on the tree and block from jewels ARE the most important. With this unique, they work both as defense and as dmg nodes. You take them first, then life.

@Dbum, Looks like you need to include some "mechanic" section because people don't understand why we take some keystones / uniques and take "whatever similar" expecting it to work the same way :/

Im not sure if life on hit is considered leech, also i figured you could remove life leech in the 5l if you use warlords mark with blasphemy. it pretty much takes care of all your leech problems and also gives endurance charges that you can use with immortal call easilly

Edit: tested and it doesnt seem like the life on hit from spells on cybil's is counted as a leech so it still goes towards life
Last edited by dalien on Dec 13, 2015, 5:42:21 AM
"
dalien wrote:
Im not sure if life on hit is considered leech, also i figured you could remove life leech in the 5l if you use warlords mark with blasphemy. it pretty much takes care of all your leech problems and also gives endurance charges that you can use with immortal call easilly

Edit: tested and it doesnt seem like the life on hit from spells on cybil's is counted as a leech so it still goes towards life

Again....

This setup restores life via multiple hits of spell and some regen, and restores ES via GR keystone and leech gem. So yes, life on hit doesn't count as leech, that's the idea behind this build xD

Idea to use blasphemy for life leech (or rather, ES leech after taking GR) looks nice, but this aura reserves 35 % mana so you probably have some unreserved mana left, right ? Or you use alpha for it ? What others auras are you using at the moment ?
dbum, have you considered the Ball Lightning, Firestorm / Glacial Cascade, GMP, CWDT setup? If so, do you think it'll be necessary?
"
Alex_Lied wrote:
Idea to use blasphemy for life leech (or rather, ES leech after taking GR) looks nice, but this aura reserves 35 % mana so you probably have some unreserved mana left, right ? Or you use alpha for it ? What others auras are you using at the moment ?

You mean with Warlord's Mark? Not sure if it's worth the 35% mana reserved. Tempest Shield + Curse On Hit works fairly well though. I'm currently using Enfeeble with that combination, but i'll probably switch to Warlord's Mark soon. Should be enough for additional leech and of course endurance charges.

I'm currently using Hatred + Arctic Armour at level 44. Those seem like the best ones in terms of offense and defense right now.
Last edited by nyderic on Dec 13, 2015, 8:31:29 AM
might not be optimal but im using blasphemy with warlords mark, discipline, and herald of ash
"
Hartlin wrote:
dbum, have you considered the Ball Lightning, Firestorm / Glacial Cascade, GMP, CWDT setup? If so, do you think it'll be necessary?

I didnt consider it, because I dont know the reason behind using it. Care to enlighten me?

Successfully made it to merci, and honestly nothing was hard in the slightest. I destroyed everything bosses and all in my path.

Currently lvl 68 and farming Dried Lake for gear upgrades and lvls before hitting maps.

Atm I am using Herald of Ash, Arctic Armour, and Blasphemy Warlords mark.

Current gear/tree

Current Tree
IGN @Dbum

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info