Rebalance Crit damage and the mechanics. (RT vs Crit + Poison Arrow)

"
Rupenus wrote:
Also people are missing that critical strike has 2 times accuracy check in PoE

Once before you do a strike, there will be a critical strike check, if you pass that and geta critical strike roll, there will be a second accuracy check. If you cant pass second one you just deal 'normal damage'

How is this in any way a downside for crit?
In fact from another perspective its a pure upside. If you would have just plain missed to begin with you instead hit if your other roll was successful. This would only really mean no additional benefit for CoC chars who do almost nothing when they don't crit. Nobody is looking at 90% crit chance as 90% crit chance per attack. In fact isn't the cap on accuracy 95% due to the floor of evasion 5% outside of unwavering stance effects?
"
biyte wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:

Once before you do a strike, there will be a critical strike check, if you pass that and geta critical strike roll, there will be a second accuracy check. If you cant pass second one you just deal 'normal damage'

In fact from another perspective its a pure upside. If you would have just plain missed to begin with you instead hit if your other roll was successful. This would only really mean no additional benefit for CoC chars who do almost nothing when they don't crit. Nobody is looking at 90% crit chance as 90% crit chance per attack. In fact isn't the cap on accuracy 95% due to the floor of evasion 5% outside of unwavering stance effects?

No.

Your not understanding what Rupenus is saying.

You roll for hit/miss

Then you roll for crit/non crit

If miss = second roll doesn't happen either.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Rupenus wrote:
If you cant pass second one you just deal 'normal damage'

Am I having serious reading comprehension problems here :(? The way I read it it implies passing one will guarantee hit but both requires passing to crit. Or is normal damage refer to general damage output (overtime) as in miss?
"
biyte wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:
If you cant pass second one you just deal 'normal damage'

Am I having serious reading comprehension problems here :(? The way I read it it implies passing one will guarantee hit but both requires passing to crit. Or is normal damage refer to general damage output (overtime) as in miss?

If you first roll "hit" then you still have to roll for crit/non-crit.

So if you roll "hit" + "non-crit" = normal hit.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Poison Arrow is fine. I've invested about 180 exalts into this build now and it's still nowhere close to my Glyph Mark character. You have great bonuses such as high survivability and good solo damage. On the other hand this is compensated by absolute shit party performance with zero damage scaling.

Game should have builds that excel in certain characteristics and that are drastically different from all others. It should also have builds that have a lower skill ceiling than others. If you make every build the same in terms of survivability and damage then the game is absolutely stale and there is no reason to ever try something new.
Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Oct 14, 2015, 10:32:51 PM
Ok thanks for clarifying, crit works as I had originally thought.
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
Poison Arrow is fine. I've invested about 180 exalts into this build now and it's still nowhere close to my Glyph Mark character. You have great bonuses such as high survivability and good solo damage. On the other hand this is compensated by absolute shit party performance with zero damage scaling.

Game should have builds that excel in certain characteristics and that are drastically different from all others. It should also have builds that have a lower skill ceiling than others. If you make every build the same in terms of survivability and damage then the game is absolutely stale and there is no reason to ever try something new.

Fuck Glyph mark new BOW WHERE IT'S AT
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:

Fuck Glyph mark new BOW WHERE IT'S AT

hi ive heard you gossip about me?
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 15, 2015, 3:42:44 AM
"
Boem wrote:
"
biyte wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:

No.

Your not understanding what Rupenus is saying.

You roll for hit/miss

Then you roll for crit/non crit

If miss = second roll doesn't happen either.

Peace,

-Boem-

yeah right, i have written the accuracy check in wrong order. Accuracy check for hit first, then there is another for crit.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
davidnn5 wrote:
And that fiddling further with such a deeply ingrained system (cast on crit says hi, by the way) is likely to break even more things that aren't already broken from 2.0's cavalier approach to 'balance'.

Read or re-read what i suggest.
If there will be less chance to HIT and CRIT then now, it would affect coc also.

And btw i just mention some ways to fix RT/crit and Poison Arrow.

"
lolozori wrote:

You don t understand that Crit is supposed to be some kind of super lucky shot of a life time , it was what crit originaly been created for.

In D2 if my memory are correct Critical strike was a skill used by amazon, that give only maximum 2time more damage and chance to crit is capped at each level. Can t remember if crit existed for other classes and how it worked.

In D&D, vampire the masquarade, the dark eye, whatever rpg... Crit always ALWAYS been something you can pull once a party.
(well in D&D you can pull crit every now and then but still you need the D20 to favor you+ there is also critical miss in RPG)

Imagine if POE had critical miss? you one-shot yourself just clicking on the mouse XD

Whatever just saying CRIT in is original and pure form in the RPG world is made to be a super lucky shot.

D3 well it is made for 12 year old on redbull, of course there everything is crit and speedy stuff.

+1 from me, that's why i start thread and mention some ways to fix it, there's more i know, but there i mention request less work for developers and GGG.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info