Rebalance Crit damage and the mechanics. (RT vs Crit + Poison Arrow)

Thank god you aren't a developer.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Crits shouldn't be a valid build option. If you can consistently make an attack/cast that's worth 5 or 6 normal attacks/casts, then what's the point to even go for builds that use normal attacks/casts?

"
rokki82 wrote:
long story short:

crit has been nerfed REALLY hard some time ago, resulting in 50% dps losses to many crit based chars. currently i don't see any benefit of nerfing it again tbh. i do agree tho that RT could get buffed a bit by either incr. damage or other benefits.

my chars are split 50/50 with either crit or RT base. and as a matter of fact i got a RT char that does nearly the same if not even more dmg than my crit char (which is using mirrored gear).

all comes down to gear in the end.

Your crit build must be absolutely horrible.

+1
Must be trolling or joke.

"
phmn wrote:
I am not sure which is the best way to handle this, but to my point of view the biggest problem is that if you want good damage, crit is the way to go for many builds.

I know ggg believes that going for crit should give more damage resulting in less defenses but even if I agreed to this, crit now give MUCH more damage to the point it is unbalanced.

To my view, crit should not be the option that gives you more damage. In other words crit should not be the answer to the question, do I want more damage or defenses.

Crit should be a option of preference. Perhaps it should have some particular benefits when compared to non crit and also some weaknesses. The weakness should not be defenses, it should be something else.

I think the game need to be made so that you can make a build where a crit and non-crit built can result in almost the same offense and defenses.

However even if the above is unrealistic, if ggg wants crit to be more offensive, at least rebalance it so that the difference is not that great.

I just gave some easy options to GGG, but you right, crits as it is now pretty OP.

"

I'd rather see some buffs to RT, you should be able to bring its damage closer to crit levels with comparable levels of offensive node and gear investment. Something like an attack speed version of the ES nodes behind CI could be good as it would give a nice base multiplier to work with but you'd still have to invest heavily into damage increases if you wanted to bring it up to crit levels.

I add it option for GGG from start. I hope developers saw it and do something to balance RT and nerfed Poison Arrow damage.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
I just gave some easy options to GGG, but you right, crits as it is now pretty OP.

im really curious what crit build is OP seriously?
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"

+1

I still remember that thread where OP suggested a 400% more multiplier behind RT :o), so cute.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I have no love for the nerfhammer but the surgeons mod on flasks is stupid as fuck and should be removed asap.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
EVerything that is op is fun, rt needs a buff i always thought a chaos res modifier would be nice, perhaps fortify adds 30% chaos res. Of course no love for ci as usual.
Last edited by Fhark on Oct 12, 2015, 2:49:23 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"

+1

I still remember that thread where OP suggested a 400% more multiplier behind RT :o), so cute.

Peace,

-Boem-

dont remember asking a node behind rt with 400% more damage... the closest thing to that was an attack skill i sugested some time ago with 400% more damage but a cooldown of 2-3 secs or a big less attack speed atached to it so in terms of dps it dosent change much, it was mostly a functional skill for cast on kill.

as for crit goes surgeon flask have to go and so status ailments on crit. crit is all about damage and the hability to perma freeze, shock aswell as unlimited suply of flask is overkill.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

From my perspective I_NO was commenting about the OP, not you.

And TreeOfDead has at one point stated that placing a 400%more damage node behind RT would be perfectly fine and acceptable. And defending that stance.

Just saying, i don't expect any logical or balanced suggestions in this thread.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Stop crying about crit. It has already been nerfed several times on the tree.

Builds on the right side of the tree need the crit weapons (dagger, bow) to kill quickly and status ailments to help them survive.

You can't nerf life on the right side of the tree and then also keep nerfing the crit nodes they rely on for damage as well.

If a Marauder / Templar / Duelist with sword/facebreakers/staff/axe is getting HIGHER DPS with RT and HIGHER LIFE and survivability from the left side of the tree - why the fk would you ever build on the right side anymore?

Everything that made crit good was nerfed - particularly low-life and high instant leech. Nerfing crit status ailments will be the last nail in the coffin.

400% more damage node behind RT? I think now I can say I have seen it all on PoE forums.

"
Boem wrote:
"

+1

Peace,

-Boem-

Lets repeat thank god you aren't a developer once more.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info