Caustic Arrow

I'm not sure if this's been posted before, but poison arrows don't create the debuff aoe when it hits walls?
"
I'm not sure if this's been posted before, but poison arrows don't create the debuff aoe when it hits walls?

Poison Arrow, as it is right now when hitting an object or a wall will create the animation for the cloud but enemies within the cloud will not take damage - just to confirm aon921106.

That being said, I'm not sure if this is a bug or done intentional. As when shooting a wall, the cloud will form on both sides of the wall making easily exploitable if it were to do DoT damage when hitting an object. However, this is a huge inconvenience in places like Church and CoS as trying to hit around the doorways will usually result in hitting objects and voiding the use of the PA.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
DutchRudder wrote:
I'm also finding the fact it targets the ground pretty frustrating, its got me killed a few times because some monsters can be hard to click on or move too fast

On the other hand I can also see it being too OP but lighting arrow or fire arrow are like that so not sure why this would be different in hitting off screen monsters
It's different because it's important to be able to place the poison clouds wherever you want, so you can make things walk through them. This requires the ability to shoot the arrow at a specific position on the ground and have it hit there.

As someone who uses the poison cloud portion of this ability more than the direct damage, this functionality is crucial to my gamplay. The only feedback I would add is that it creates an odd dynamic with Lesser/Greater Mulitple Protectiles. If you want a larger spread with LMP/GMP, you have to aim closer to your character. But you can't do that with poison arrow because they will just hit the ground in front of you. The end effect is that LMP/GMP winds up always firing with a small arc, causing large overlap between the poison pools which kind of negates the whole point of the support gem in the first place since the pools don't stack. Maybe you guys can widen the arc of LMP/GMP with poison arrow only?
Combining Poison Arrow with Fork is odd and awkward since the Poison Arrow AOE doesn't go off when it hits objects.

If you target the ground the AOE explodes but the Fork does not trigger.

If you hit a creature, the AOE explodes and the Fork triggers. If the Forked projectiles then hit creatures they each explode into AOE as expected (typically overlapping). If the Forked projectiles do not hit creatures they typically fly off screen or into an object without exploding. Resulting in no additional bonus of any kind from the support gem.

I find this property of Poison Arrow vary frustrating. It seems the whole point of using the AOE support gems (Fork, Multiple Projectiles, bla) is to increase the area of effect. Since the AOE on Poison arrow doesn't stack, the most effective way to do this is to lay clouds side by side. Because Poison Arrow doesn't create the AOE when it hits inanimate objects, it is extremely difficult if not impossible to obtain this objective.
I notice that there's 2 nodes, Buff duration and Skill duration, may I know which is the exact one that works.
only plain skill duration increase (and the support gem skill duration). poison arrow is no longer a buff/debuff but just a skill with a duration.
After Normal I find that mobs dies alot slower to Poison Cloud, I wonder if it worth to make a build base on PA as higher level it's even slower to level PA not to mention more HP on higher difficulty mobs.
You can utilize Vulnerability for added damage, and a bow with +skill for more damage.
If you're going dps anyways, getting a Totem to cast a slow for you might help; And you can intersperse Puncture or burning arrows to add additional Dots.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
You can utilize Vulnerability for added damage, and a bow with +skill for more damage.
If you're going dps anyways, getting a Totem to cast a slow for you might help; And you can intersperse Puncture or burning arrows to add additional Dots.

I have made 2 builds base of it, 1 with CI, the other without.

CI:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/62666

Life:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/62935

I'm not sure how well will they do in late game or even have any potential but Life base will have a easier time leveling.
When I use this with the Lesser Multiple Projectile support gem, and I fire an enemy point-blanc in the face so that it gets hit by three arrow, it only seems to receive damage from one arrow, instead of three. This seems like a bug, or is it somehow intended?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info