Eldritch Battery, Damage over Time, Anti-Reflect Build

I decided to make a Solo build that will not be counter by maps that reflect physical/elemental damage as damage from Traps & Chaos doesn't reflect back to you.

Build:

Why low Dex when you are using a Bow?
You will only need a low level bow with a prefix "Fletcher's" mod "+1 to Bow skill" & 3 sockets in it or a unique item "Silverbranch" with a itemlevel of >15.

As Ultimately you damage comes from PA's Poison Cloud and Traps which none of them are affected by your weapon damage.

With a light quiver you probably have enough Dex to level up your gems even if it's not you could have taken off a 8% life node for a +30 Dex node.

Why Eldritch Battery?
Cost of Fire/Bear Traps and the escalating PA means lots of mana consumption, you will probably have enough mana with couple of decent increase ES hybrid armors.

For Bandit Quest, help Oak for +45 Life.

Gems Used:
Poison Arrow + LMP/GMP + Increase Duration. (Optional: + Chain)
Decoy Totem.
Bear Trap + Added Fire.(Optional: + Added Chaos/Lightning).
Fire Trap.
Temporal Chains & Vulnerability.
Discipline & Clarity. (Optional: Purity, Determination, Hatred & etc).

Gear Choice:
Armor/ES gear with maybe a Eva/Armor or Eva/ES gear for Traps and Temporal chains.
Mods with Life is always prior to ES.

Why Hatred?
Hatred with Bear Trap can be great for fighting boss as Bear Trap has massive Physical damage at high levels, it can convert them to cold damage.

Auras
You might need to cap Clarity at certain level.

The other auras are purely for endgame either mostly for survivability, I have not played much of EB so I'm lacking experience on Aura, aura choice entirely up to yourself.

Single Target:
You will only attack single target when it's a rare/boss mob.
Decoy, PA, Fire Trap then spam your Bear Trap whenever it's available.

Multiple Target:
Put down a Decoy to attract mobs then Vulnerability & Temporal Chains before Poison Arrow & Fire Trap them.
Fire Trap works better in confined places such as in a dungeon.

Thoughts:
This build lacks Dex early in game so it's essential that you could use a Dex Amulet & Light Quiver.

No need to Level up LMP/GMP/Chain as ultimately the damage over time mechanic aren't affected by PA. So you can save them for other characters.

Also you may need gems from Shadow (Fire,Bear Traps & Poison Arrow.

With Decoy Totem (+44% life), Decoy should be pretty tanky in late game.

I tested this build with Shadow but I died in HC ruthless due to a silly mistake on Vaal, but I think it has potential to go further even in maps better with Templar.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by heatzz on Jan 8, 2013, 12:50:39 AM
Updated the build, I thought I might have some comments coming from about 90+ views.
You are going to use a bow right? Because you cant use poison arrow without one, even with trap.
"
Zenocide wrote:
You are going to use a bow right? Because you cant use poison arrow without one, even with trap.

Yup that's right, a bow.
i might try this, but it would be hard to find situations where you use poison arrow, burning arrow and puncture because only 1 of them would be needed to kill normal mobs
"
noremorce wrote:
i might try this, but it would be hard to find situations where you use poison arrow, burning arrow and puncture because only 1 of them would be needed to kill normal mobs

Yup, you only use burning arrow to fight rates or boss.
Puncture is optional.

One thing I might add, you will have problem facing the flicker strike bandit, the trick is to go to the far bottom, always keep your decoy up then try to quickly finish off the adds before him.
Updated the build with some experience playing it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info