Caustic Arrow

increased AoE does work on the cloud, poison arrow's quality effect increases AoE too.
But dmg can't be increased except for +1 level on bows right ? only the arrow dmg can be increased , not the cloud ?
only two passive groups and a support affects damage of AoE skills specifically. concentrated effect support gem does not work on damage over time but the size reduction works on the AoE part. i don't know if the two passive notables work on poison arrow's DoT damage.

a +1 gems increases the physical damage, chaos on hit boost, AND the DoT, and duration. but not size.
I would be thrilled if the skill did little to no direct arrow damage at all and just created a cloud of death for a significant amount of time that would add up to a very aggressive amount of damage.

Where it'd be like a support skill - shoot a few arrows, blanket an area with poison, and then switch to another attack.

It's kind of more like a "Plague Arrow" than a "Poison Arrow" kind of skill though. Poison Arrow just sounds like an arrow that poisons one guy when you hit them. But I can see why this skill doesn't work like that, since Puncture already exists.
i too would prefer the damage on hit part be removed to a new gem. a change like that won't really change mana cost much due to players using the cloud far more than the chaos on hit. it was already balanced for the cloud cost.
-edit-
never mind, found out by reading more.
Last edited by Lionguild on Nov 27, 2012, 8:51:34 PM
A couple of things.

Does added lightning, fire, etc, damage work on the poison cloud? (From what I understand from reading, it doesn't)

Does increased area damage (by the witch tree and templar tree) work on poison cloud?

These are the only two ways I can think of the increased the damage of the poison cloud off the top of my head. Are there any other?
Last edited by redelmos on Dec 14, 2012, 10:15:06 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The nature of the cloud has changed. It shouldn't still be displaying a buff time, as it doesn't have a separate one - the cloud works like an aura now, only affecting things inside it.

I was disheartened to see that this change had been made since the last time I used Poison Arrow on a build, but alas, it may actually turn out better.

Couple of Questions:

1) Do mobs continue to take damage while in the cloud, infinitely? Or is the DoT initiated while in the cloud and they take damage for X amount of time while in the cloud? ALA If I could keep mobs in the cloud, would they continue to take damage forever?

2) The Base Duration on the skill gem I'm guessing is the base duration of the cloud itself? Does Skill Effect Duration add to this? Or since it's being treated much like an aura does buff duration effect it?

3) Does AoE Radius additions on the passive tree add to the cloud width?
aoe size increases do work on poison arrow, damage AoE nodes i am not sure of.

foes only take the DoT while inside the cloud, similar to fire trap or ice shot (or artic breath).

it no longer says buff/debuff, so only the flat duration increase of support gem and the 3 node group between duelist and ranger works on it. this may or may not be an oversight.

added damage only affects the arrow itself's hit damage, not the cloud. however "increased chaos damage" mod will affect the cloud, which is a quality effect from added chaos support.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Dec 15, 2012, 2:17:21 PM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
aoe size increases do work on poison arrow, damage AoE nodes i am not sure of.

foes only take the DoT while inside the cloud, similar to fire trap or ice shot (or artic breath).

it no longer says buff/debuff, so only the flat duration increase of support gem and the 3 node group between duelist and ranger works on it. this may or may not be an oversight.

added damage only affects the arrow itself's hit damage, not the cloud. however "increased chaos damage" mod will affect the cloud, which is a quality effect from added chaos support.

Thanks for the answers! Appreciate it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info