Caustic Arrow

I'm also finding the fact it targets the ground pretty frustrating, its got me killed a few times because some monsters can be hard to click on or move too fast

On the other hand I can also see it being too OP but lighting arrow or fire arrow are like that so not sure why this would be different in hitting off screen monsters

I do find high pierce and targeting single monsters with poison arrow + multiple projectiles effective because by the time further away monsters come at you they are already on lower hp
"
DutchRudder wrote:
I'm also finding the fact it targets the ground pretty frustrating, its got me killed a few times because some monsters can be hard to click on or move too fast

On the other hand I can also see it being too OP but lighting arrow or fire arrow are like that so not sure why this would be different in hitting off screen monsters
It's different because it's important to be able to place the poison clouds wherever you want, so you can make things walk through them. This requires the ability to shoot the arrow at a specific position on the ground and have it hit there.
This was my major skill as a ranger and it worked really well. Adding more projectiles just made it that much better and very powerful for AE. Reminded me of having a poison bowazon with D2.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
DutchRudder wrote:

It's different because it's important to be able to place the poison clouds wherever you want, so you can make things walk through them. This requires the ability to shoot the arrow at a specific position on the ground and have it hit there.

I tried that but I found that the aoe poison damage compared to my arrow damage + the poison damage is no where near as effective.

And when there is a pack coming towards you and you hit the first monster, all the monsters behind him are still going to walk through the cloud

I just found that I really wanted to hit them instead of laying down poison clouds and it got me killed numerous times because I would just miss-click next to the monsters and lay down a poison cloud instead of hitting them
Poison arrow i thik is overdue for a bit of a change.
It's a bit crazy with the amount of ground it covers at full DoT power for farming with GMP and/or LMP, so in order to make this slightly more challenging to be as effective, poison should not create a cloud.

Instead of creating a cloud, poison should be similar to shock, burn, chill and freeze in that it can be spread with elemental proliferation. This means that yhou have to be a bit more accurate with how you spread your poison, but the effectiveness is still there.
"
Xendran wrote:
Poison arrow i thik is overdue for a bit of a change.
It's a bit crazy with the amount of ground it covers at full DoT power for farming with GMP and/or LMP, so in order to make this slightly more challenging to be as effective, poison should not create a cloud.

Instead of creating a cloud, poison should be similar to shock, burn, chill and freeze in that it can be spread with elemental proliferation. This means that yhou have to be a bit more accurate with how you spread your poison, but the effectiveness is still there.

Nownow, don't you frigging nerf me while being unaffected yourself >:(
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
GGG, could we have listed changes in 0.9.12 concerning PA? I have (ingame) feeling, there are much more than insane mp cost- like no degeneration outside posion cloud- is it intentional?
ign: Ron
Before 0.9.12 it was so that when you aimed for the ground, you hit the ground and when you aimed for a mob (so that the name appears at the top of the screen) the arrow flew parallel to the ground.

The result of this parallel behavior was that when you pierced a monster the arrow flew until it hit the next obstacle. This was a real advantage because you could spread poison clouds way ahead of you, so that the monsters already started taking damage.

With 0.9.12 arrows that pierce a monster just land on the ground right behind the monster. Because of that "Pierce" and "Lesser Multiple Projectiles" have become completely useless to a Poison Arrow build.

Was that done on purpose and is there a chance that it will be changed back?

Edit: I observed that with the duration as well... the description says the buff lasts 6.62 seconds but it just lasts 1 second once they step out of the cloud. Please tell me that this is a bug!!
Last edited by Spacke on Sep 11, 2012, 5:29:35 PM
"
Spacke wrote:
Before 0.9.12 it was so that when you aimed for the ground, you hit the ground and when you aimed for a mob (so that the name appears at the top of the screen) the arrow flew parallel to the ground.

The result of this parallel behavior was that when you pierced a monster the arrow flew until it hit the next obstacle. This was a real advantage because you could spread poison clouds way ahead of you, so that the monsters already started taking damage.

With 0.9.12 arrows that pierce a monster just land on the ground right behind the monster. Because of that "Pierce" and "Lesser Multiple Projectiles" have become completely useless to a Poison Arrow build.

Was that done on purpose and is there a chance that it will be changed back?
This is an unintended side effect of the projectile system which I will be looking for a fix for once more urgent tasks are complete.

"
Spacke wrote:
Edit: I observed that with the duration as well... the description says the buff lasts 6.62 seconds but it just lasts 1 second once they step out of the cloud. Please tell me that this is a bug!!
The nature of the cloud has changed. It shouldn't still be displaying a buff time, as it doesn't have a separate one - the cloud works like an aura now, only affecting things inside it.
"
Alegor wrote:
I have (ingame) feeling, there are much more than insane mp cost-

I agree with this. It appears as though the skill has had a substantial nerf because the MP cost increases dramatically at higher levels--it seems to scale in the same manner as Lightning Arrow now. Could you tell us how much was changed with regard to the MP cost?
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info