Caustic Arrow

"
Alegor wrote:
I have (ingame) feeling, there are much more than insane mp cost-

I agree with this. It appears as though the skill has had a substantial nerf because the MP cost increases dramatically at higher levels--it seems to scale in the same manner as Lightning Arrow now. Could you tell us how much was changed with regard to the MP cost?
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
the cloud works like an aura now, only affecting things inside it.

That sucks :( PA cannot be primary skill any longer, some of builds are obsolete now. And you forgot to mention it in patch notes- my build is useless now
ign: Ron
Hi,

Sorry if this is a repeat question but i have skimmed through the posts on here and i have a question about a few of the nodes on the talent tree.

Do the Buff Duration (10% Increased Duration of Buffs and Debuffs you create from skills) effect the cloud aoe effect of the poison arrow?
And do the Area of Effect (4% Increased Radius of Area Skills) also effect it?

Trying to decide where to spend the points to get the most bang out of the Poison Arrow, because i am leaning towards it being my main skill if i can figure out how to afford the mana cost with attached skills.

Noobish questions but still trying to figure out how piece the skills together in the best ways.

Thank you for your help.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

good question, i'd like to know how duriation passives work now too because of the change.
AoE passives do work however, the quality increases AoE.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Spacke wrote:
Edit: I observed that with the duration as well... the description says the buff lasts 6.62 seconds but it just lasts 1 second once they step out of the cloud. Please tell me that this is a bug!!
The nature of the cloud has changed. It shouldn't still be displaying a buff time, as it doesn't have a separate one - the cloud works like an aura now, only affecting things inside it.

I agree that a short information in the patch nodes would have been nice but I also think that this effect suits the skill more. It is a huge nerf though and I'm not sure if the mana cost nerf was necessary. But I guess we will have to wait until the projectile thing is fixed. Things might look a lot different then, as there will be much more clouds which would justify the higher mana costs again.

A little suggestion of mine would be that when the arrow hits a target, this target becomes the center and source of the poison cloud. This would actually mean that the mob gets an aura and if the mob moves, the aura moves with it. Might be too overpowered but I think it is worth a try and it should not be that difficult because as you mentioned the cloud already is some kind of aura.

I still think that PA can be used as a main attack skill once the bug is fixed. Increased duration will still be helpful and pierce/lmp as well. Just spread poison clouds over the whole map. :) I would love to see some other way to buff/improve PA via the PST though. Maybe make AoE damage passives work for the cloud?!
For single target damage I decided to switch from burning arrow to poison arrow and swap my bow for Darkscorn Maraketh Bow. Although the damage was comparable, I felt the casting cost of poison arrow was simply too high.

Since there aren't any mods on gear or nodes on the skill tree that increase chaos damage (as there is for elemental damage), you must level up poison arrow in order to have even decent damage (unlike say lightning arrow). When a few support gems are added to it (added chaos damage is a must) the casting cost of even a level 12 gem can easily climb over 100 mana.

All things being equal, a level 16 burning arrow does more damage and costs less than a third of a level 12 poison arrow.

So why does poison arrow cost so much?
IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
NoThx wrote:
Poison Arrows mouse-over skill description on the Hotbar no longer gives the duration of the DOT, only the duration of the cloud.
This is correct. There is no separate duration of the DoT anymore. The cloud has a duration and monsters in the cloud are taking damage.

I didnt see this in the Patch notes. I was going to post a bug report because it appeared some mobs were no longer taking the full DOT damage. This explains why.

This also effectively cripples the usefulness of Poison Arrow. Poison Arrow was a high cost good damage AOE. Once applied it would do full damage, possible more if you could keep the mob in the Poison Cloud and the DOT would reset. But now that it doesnt apply an effect there is no guaranteed damage. Most mobs are not going to remain in the cloud long enough to justify the skill cost.
Temporal Chains can keep them in the field a lot longer, as can simple kiting.
This is a confused little skill. It behaves like it should be an AoE, but is functionally just a so-so alternative to Burning Arrow.
Does any support at all work with poison cloud ? increased area of effect ? or something like that ? If i plan to make a tank that stands in that cloud and w8s for mobs to die with poison is there any support that would help it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info