Caustic Arrow

Would like to see this as an bow-only skill. Firing arrows without a bow is a bit weird and a bow-only skill would make me happy (yes, there are some, but why not more? :>).
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Edit : Actually the mobs stay poisoned for a short duration after they exit the cloud so my comment was pretty much useless.
le frenchie
Last edited by Vindgar on Dec 22, 2011, 11:11:50 AM
0.9.5 feedback below this post

Would like to see an explanation of what "50% reduced buff and debuff duration" actually means. Purely by visual estimation I counted the duration of the poison cloud before and after taking the three 15% buff duration increases next to the ranger starting nodes, and increased duration for the cloud was significant enough to suggest it received the full 45% increase and not half.

This leads me to believe the only thing affected by the gem stats would be the lingering poison. If this is the case, then why? The only thing I can think of is to reduce the effectiveness of support gems on the lingering poison, while allowing full benefit to the stationary cloud. Even so, why does it mention buff duration?

Curious to know what the actual effects and intentions are with regards to that line on the gem.
"
Tabesh wrote:
This leads me to believe the only thing affected by the gem stats would be the lingering poison. If this is the case, then why? The only thing I can think of is to reduce the effectiveness of support gems on the lingering poison, while allowing full benefit to the stationary cloud. Even so, why does it mention buff duration?

Curious to know what the actual effects and intentions are with regards to that line on the gem.
Because a skill can only have one base duration - there's one specific stat used for that. The reduction is so that the poison lasts less time than the cloud - otherwise they'd last the exact same time because they're coming from the same base duration.
This might be a bug instead:

With Poison Arrow as my default LMB attack, when I log off PoE and come back, my LMB attack is ALWAYS reset back to default attack, not Poison Arrow. I didn't have this problem in the last patch with my Marauder using another skill as his main LMB attack. I'll test it with other skills and report back if its only with Poison Arrow, or all skills on this character using the LMB.

EDIT: I only had 2 other skills to test and they both worked when I exited PoE and logged back in, but again, Poison Arrow did not. It is only this skill that resets back to the default attack upon reentry to PoE, at least with my ranger.
Last edited by Unforgiving on Dec 27, 2011, 2:22:23 AM
"
Hodenkobold wrote:
Would like to see this as an bow-only skill. Firing arrows without a bow is a bit weird and a bow-only skill would make me happy (yes, there are some, but why not more? :>).

Heh didn't realize it could be used without bow. If not the above, GGG could rename the skill to poison grenade or something with an arrow-like trajectory.

"
Unforgiving wrote:

With Poison Arrow as my default LMB attack, when I log off PoE and come back, my LMB attack is ALWAYS reset back to default attack, not Poison Arrow. I didn't have this problem in the last patch with my Marauder using another skill as his main LMB attack. I'll test it with other skills and report back if its only with Poison Arrow, or all skills on this character using the LMB.

EDIT: I only had 2 other skills to test and they both worked when I exited PoE and logged back in, but again, Poison Arrow did not. It is only this skill that resets back to the default attack upon reentry to PoE, at least with my ranger.

I can not replicate this. If you change zones, do you have the same bug, or only on log out?
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
Unforgiving wrote:
With Poison Arrow as my default LMB attack, when I log off PoE and come back, my LMB attack is ALWAYS reset back to default attack, not Poison Arrow.

I don't see this either --- not sure if this is an explanation, but are you moving any gems around, or maybe somehow not meeting the PA skill reqs? The LMB will reset to the default attack if you take out a skill gem and put it back in...
"
unsane wrote:
"
Unforgiving wrote:

I can not replicate this. If you change zones, do you have the same bug, or only on log out?

No, it does not change back to default when I change zones, only when I completely log out of PoE (or drop) and log back in. I'll check again when I get back home from work. If I still see the bug, I'll use FRAPS and record the event and post a link to the video here.
"
Thecla wrote:
"
Unforgiving wrote:
With Poison Arrow as my default LMB attack, when I log off PoE and come back, my LMB attack is ALWAYS reset back to default attack, not Poison Arrow.

I don't see this either --- not sure if this is an explanation, but are you moving any gems around, or maybe somehow not meeting the PA skill reqs? The LMB will reset to the default attack if you take out a skill gem and put it back in...

Yes, I'm always moving gems around, but not THAT particular gem. You think that may be part of the problem? I'll check if it's default when I get back home from work. The thing is, I tested it last night and all I did was set my LMB to Poison Arrow, leave PoE, log back in, and it was set to default... As I said in post above this, if it happens again, I'll record the event and post video.

EDIT: That must have been it; I must have moved something around... I logged in and the skill was still on Poison Arrow. I then logged back out and in and it was still PA. Mystery solved.
Last edited by Unforgiving on Dec 27, 2011, 7:11:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info