Elemental Hit

your attack speed must be pretty damn high for it to cost 400-500 mana per second... >.>
note that weapon elemental damage support has fairly high cost multiplier.
Yes, I focused on attack speed because it scales really well from what I could tell. I've been thinking of dropping Weapon Elemental Damage as well but it's up to 90% Elemental Damage. Can Elemental Hit even be viable without it?
IAS only scales well if you can afford it.

Also, grabbing just 20% Reduced Mana Cost from passives will take that 500 per sec down to 400 per sec. Quite a noticable difference, but whether this is doable or not depends on your build.
Gave up about 75% IAS, got 20% RMC and quality Reduced Mana as a 6th link to get mps down to about 180 at which point I realized I might as well go Power Siphon and be better in every regard. I honestly don't see how the mana cost is justified.
Last edited by Kabushiki on Apr 1, 2013, 4:39:27 PM
any1 knows why doesnt the tooltip scale with +%ele dmg? its kinda lame to link EH with ele wep dmg and see no change in dmg that EH adds

i mean how hard it its to add simple dmg modifier to skill

dmg = base dmg + (base dmg * ((specific element dmg % + element dmg %)/100))
Last edited by n0z0mu on Apr 11, 2013, 12:11:54 PM
I'm running Elehit in a Heatshiver supported by Weapon Elemental Damage and Melee Splash and Accuracy/Lifeleech and I'm having huge manaproblems. As a Shadow I don't even want to think about going for BM keystone, neither BM gem for 240% lifecost.

I'm at a stage where I should start picking up HP nodes but because I'm starving mana I can't spec more into defensive else I would suffer from not being able to attack 3 times w/o running OOM.

Solution to this might be going for Eldritch Battery which makes it possible to overcome manaproblems with huge manaregen. This, however feels pretty bad as I wanted to go full evasion with acrobatics and pure eva gear.

It just feels bad that a single skill limits my build into stacking manaregen so much I can't go defensive enough. I mean, it's not HC-friendly.
what u need is few mana nodes. there is convenient mana cluster right below that 3 hp nodes and resist nodes toward ranger start. it gives 18+8+8 and that should be sufficient to give u mana while running clarity (if u arent running it alrdy).
all u miss is 1 or 2 +% mana regen modifiers on gear that really arent hard to come by
Will the weapon elemental damage nodes on the passive tree (and support gem) affect this skill? Will the +30% Lightning/Cold/Fire nodes affect this skill? I was testing a build around this set up with phys damage and elemental hit with a few +elemental damage nodes, but those nodes only seem to boost my damage when I have +elemental damage on gear, not from this gem. Can anyone confirm this? Or is this part of the tool tip not being able to update the damage correctly?

Found the answer to my question on page 2:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ykyshaeq wrote:
Is cold to fire support gem aply convertion on ele hit cold prock? Asked this cause i prefer damage instead of crowd control in pve and looking for something that can be swaped with melee physical damage in 0.9.5 for my bow ranger. Also does weapon elemental damage support works with ele hit procks?
Elemental hit works by adding base damage of one element to the skill stats just before damage calculation. It will act exactly like that particular element is part of the base damage of this hit. So yes, if the added damage is cold it can be converted to fire, and it's increased by weapon elemental damage increases.
Last edited by mudbrick on Apr 25, 2013, 5:37:35 PM
Tried this on my tank mara without any elemental or melee dmg buffed nodes,
multistrike + splash + added elemental dmg support + EH, the dmg is sooo weak,
and there isn't even any "feel" to the hits.

Heavy strike, glacial hammer, ground slam, cleave, lightning strike all totally dominate EH.
I think this gem needs a buff, lower the elemental dmg done 15% and make it proc all 3 at once, and add chaos dmg too.

Currently it's far from attractrive.
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Last edited by Elemenz on May 4, 2013, 3:36:09 AM
A skill is bad when you have literally no support for it? I never would have thought.
(you're completely demolishing the damage output with MultiSplash, what did you expect)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info