Double Strike

Eternis, it should alternate between using your two weapons when dual wielding, like every attack except Cleave and Dualstrike. Though you have a point in that I don't think this is stated anywhere in the game itself (not sure though).
Last edited by aimlessgun on May 13, 2012, 3:20:19 AM
As of 0.9.9, this skill does LESS DPS than my default attack at gem levels 1-4.
"
Ashmyster wrote:

If I remember this right, this is just a tooltip error/mistake. The damage the skill does is actually twice the damage of the tooltip since it hits twice.
"
erohakase wrote:
"
Ashmyster wrote:

If I remember this right, this is just a tooltip error/mistake. The damage the skill does is actually twice the damage of the tooltip since it hits twice.

Rory/GGG can you confirm it's a tooltip bug and not a mechanic bug?
Its been stated that the current tooltip is not currect on the damage.
It really makes no sense why this skill is still just flat out inferior to flicker strike, damage-wise. Both skills do 140% damage per use (70%x2 vs. straight out 140%), but flicker strike has a massive attack speed bonus.
Edit: Wrong Thread.
Last edited by grogor on May 17, 2012, 12:33:17 AM
"
So when one is dual-wielding, it very much seems when you're *facing* the "camera" that you're using both weapons when striking. When you're facing *away* from the camera, it looks more reasonable that one is striking with just one hand.

I think that the tooltip needs to very explicitly say that it hits twice with *main hand only*, or to clean up the particle/movement of the player's other arm. It moves in a way that makes it look like the other hand could be doing the second "swing". I think that's where a lot of the confusion is coming from since people often look at the micro-tooltip and animation in these sort of fast-paced games.

Yeah I thought it might use both weapons so I got a plain weapon and then a second weapon with cold damage since you can see the effect when you hit with cold damage. I then equipped a level 1 double strike and a level 1 dual strike. When I hit with Dual Strike I could clearly see the cold damage effect EVERY time I attacked. However when I used Double Strike I never once saw the cold damage effect.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Make this work like Zeal in D2; have the second attack switch targets if the first one dies.
I started using this at skill level 7 when my dual strike couldn't be levelled up because I didn't have the strength (as shadow).

I noticed a remarkable drop in damage. Switched back to the lower level dual strike (think it's 6) and I'm doing damage again - now I just need to work out how to find more strength boosts (there's nothing convenient in the shadow area of the skill tree).

So, all-in-all -> can't work out why I'd use double strike over dual strike, and it's a bit irritating to be punished for trying to use the skill that does twice as much damage by being forced to buy strength.

(Note: Both skills had an attached "added lightning damage" support gem).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info