Double Strike

Question:
The "dps" writed in the description is for single atack and the real dps is doubled the writed one?

Fuuljo's idea:
Option a) this skill can be made valid, and it would be great. Then it could stay as it is. Because I like the double strike as a single skill to support it with other gems.

Option B) if its too hard to balance it could be a support to give more build options.
We have faster atack, we could have double atack - For example someone wants "on hit efects" so he takes double strike and someone else wants bigger dps so he takes "atack speed".
"
Question:
The "dps" writed in the description is for single atack and the real dps is doubled the writed one?
Yes.
Not sure why you'd ever use double strike over dual strike.
"
brakthir wrote:

Because Dual Strike requires you to dual wield and Double Strike does not.
"
brakthir wrote:

The better question is why you would ever use Double Strike over Heavy Strike, besides the way better looking animation.
"
erohakase wrote:
"
brakthir wrote:

The better question is why you would ever use Double Strike over Heavy Strike, besides the way better looking animation.
I believe that double strike is Dex aligned, while heavy strike is Str aligned. So a character that's specializing more in Dex without Strength (Melee built ranger, 6th class maybe) will be able to use high levels of the skill.

Unless the rankings of the skills are so disparate that level 2 heavy strike has a better multiplier than level 6 dual strike or something.
Last edited by Softspoken on Apr 18, 2012, 12:51:41 AM
"
Softspoken wrote:
"
erohakase wrote:
"
brakthir wrote:

I believe that double strike is Dex aligned, while heavy strike is Str aligned. So a character that's specializing more in Dex without Strength (Melee built ranger, 6th class maybe) will be able to use high levels of the skill.

Unless the rankings of the skills are so disparate that level 2 heavy strike has a better multiplier than level 6 dual strike or something.

It's not quite that bad. But I'd say Heavy Strike I is definitely better than Double Strike III.

Even so I still prefer using Double Strike since it is in my opinion the most awesome looking skill in the game whereas Heavy Strike looks like a regular attack.
Sorry, I feel a little out of my depth here -- I don't really care that much for DPS as a stat and sort of suck at math overall.

Still I want to add my +1 for somehow converting this skill into a multiple strike attack rather than double. When you first acquire it, it's very flashy and nifty, but soon enough the two attacks feel quite underwhelming. I think increasing number of hits every 5 skill levels or so by 1 could work.

I don't think it'd make a good support gem -- far too powerful.

To conceive of it as an AoE is to envision more as the '4x cut' from Final Fantasy VII, when all four hits selected a random target. I think that'd be a bit too chaotic here.

But as someone who really would rather not dual-wield in most cases and yet values speed in combat over heavy hits, double strike is very alluring. I just wish it had more incentive to keep using into higher levels.

Basically...zeal. :)

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
double strike is not affected when in a +1 melee gem level item. this a know issue or am I a unique case?
Just wondering: with the nerf to this gem and the nerfs to Multiple Projectiles since 9.2, might it be possible to allow this on bows again? Or are any attacks that give multiplicative damage increases not going to end up on bows?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info