Double Strike

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 9:31:43 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 9:32:08 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The DPS display assumes that an attack will be like a normal attack - it'll hit once, and only use one weapon at a time. It's a known bug that it will only account for one hit of double strike, and won't factor in that dual strike and cleave hit with both weapons rather than just one when dual wielding.
"
Psyklone wrote:
Assuming 2 identical weapons, will it just do double the damage per hit, compared to single target attacks? (but with the +attack speed bonus from dual wielding)
It only uses the main hand weapon.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 17, 2011, 4:43:22 PM
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
This got me wondering how exactly crit chance functions with this skill. If the first attack is a critical hit, will the second always be critical as well?
Yes.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
"
Goner wrote:
Does this skill translate into 2 separate attacks on damage calculation, or would +flat damage (i.e. elemental damage from skills/items) only be added once?
It's two separate damages, each of which gets affected by any applicable bonuses.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
Question:
The "dps" writed in the description is for single atack and the real dps is doubled the writed one?
Yes.
"
C1rcean wrote:
double strike is not affected when in a +1 melee gem level item. this a know issue or am I a unique case?
This is because the skill wasn't always melee-only, and didn't get updated to count as a melee gem when that changed. It's now fixed, should go through to beta in an upcoming patch.
"
Choirandvice wrote:
So, all-in-all -> can't work out why I'd use double strike over dual strike, and it's a bit irritating to be punished for trying to use the skill that does twice as much damage by being forced to buy strength.
If dual wielding, dual strike is the better choice (in almost all cases). Double strike is usable with weapon+shield, and with two-handed weapons, so those are cases where you'd want to use it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info