Double Strike

Still, is it intentional that multistrike forces your character to keep switching targets or is it a bug?

Thx for your info though, I switched multistrike with a dmg-support rune and had about the same dps, just doesn't look as cool (or rather insane :P)
It's in the Multistrike description and everything: "New targets are selected for subsequent attacks if available." Definitely intentional.
This skill grants 0.8% increased attack damage per level. I.e. barely even a rounding error. From levels ~15-18, i've literally gained not even 0.1 dps from this skill levelling up (the 3 times i checked). What's the point? Why so little?

Necropolis: 96
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Aug 24, 2015, 7:05:50 PM
You can double that "0.8% per level" as you hit twice, your lvl 18 "83.6% base damage" is actually 167.2%.

Your DpS should raise significantly with gem levels.
I can only guess why yours does not.

1. you made a mistake (like: first time you looked, you had a frenzy charge, after levelling the gem, you didn't).

2. your chance to hit rating dropped because of a level up, lowering your overall tooltip DpS.

3. you respecced damage nodes from your tree into something else.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 2, 2015, 6:26:27 AM
How many times accuracy check with this skill?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
Just like always, every Hit checks Accuracy separately.
Soooo...

The first can miss but the second hit...

But

"Crit roll only once" - so if 1 crit - 2 crit too... But one of them can miss.

Can you help me with that?
Correct, the Crit roll is 'global', but accuracy and Crit confirm are 'local'.
It's entirely possible for one swing to Miss, and the other to Crit. It's also possible that both swings Hit, but only one passes Crit confirm, thus only one swing landing a Crit.

Pseudo-code writeup:

Activate Double Strike:
Roll for Crit. For this example, it rolls a Crit.

Roll Accuracy for swing 1
-if pass: hit. Roll Accuracy again to confirm Crit
--If pass: Crit.
--If fail: normal Hit.
-if fail: miss

Roll Accuracy for swing 2
-if pass: hit. Roll Accuracy again to confirm Crit
--If pass: Crit.
--If fail: normal Hit.
-if fail: miss
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 27, 2016, 6:47:24 AM
Oh, THAX, it's great.

I'm always confused by "crit roll once" - it IS, but then there are Accu check fo each swing.

THX!
I have "owned" a relatively popular (the only?) Double Strike build here since the Anarchy league and think at this point it needs a buff.

Seems like most people are using newer "melee" skills that are similar but with AOE, such as Lacerate, Wild Strike, etc.

Is there a way to seriously buff single target melee (maybe not even the gem, for argument's sake) without buffing lots of other things?

Curious how many people are still using this gem.

For shits and giggles, I am going to swap this gem into my dual strike assassin and see how it feels but I suspect it will be underwhelming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info