Double Strike

"
Choirandvice wrote:
So, all-in-all -> can't work out why I'd use double strike over dual strike, and it's a bit irritating to be punished for trying to use the skill that does twice as much damage by being forced to buy strength.
If dual wielding, dual strike is the better choice (in almost all cases). Double strike is usable with weapon+shield, and with two-handed weapons, so those are cases where you'd want to use it.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Choirandvice wrote:
So, all-in-all -> can't work out why I'd use double strike over dual strike, and it's a bit irritating to be punished for trying to use the skill that does twice as much damage by being forced to buy strength.
If dual wielding, dual strike is the better choice (in almost all cases). Double strike is usable with weapon+shield, and with two-handed weapons, so those are cases where you'd want to use it.

Fair enough, but given the frequency of dual-wield stuff near the shadow's passive area and the lack of shield-related passives it would seem that it's intended for the shadow to dual wield rather than 1h + shield or 2h. There are also no strength buffs in that area, so the shadow has a bit of a disadvantage.
I'm not sure why this skill was made a Dex skill.

Most likely, you want it for you Mara or your Templar (either 2-hd, or Mace + Shield).

So, why is it a Dex skill again?
Works well for my evasion based shield ranger.
My dual wielding ranger, lvl 42 HC (rip) used this skill for bosses and elite mobs. Main problem with it is the high mana cost to damage ratio. You need high attack speed to make this skill useful (for procs and stuff), but then it burns through your mana super fast.
This skill is super fun, fast, and looks and feels fantastic for an attack speed build, but it doesn't seem like it's doing much damage... at all. I think it might do the same or less than my default attack.
Chris: You stated that it uses only the main hand, but the skill info in the character screen lists main hand and offhand weapon damage, etc. when dual wielding.
"
WxsOnline wrote:
Chris: You stated that it uses only the main hand, but the skill info in the character screen lists main hand and offhand weapon damage, etc. when dual wielding.
This is a known limitation of how the character panel works - it doesn't have information on which weapons an attack will actually use, so assumes all attacks will be able to use both weapons.
This will be fixed eventually, but is low priority at the moment.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 24, 2012, 9:24:15 PM
Mark, in what situation is double strike meant to be better for 2-hander users than flicker strike/heavy strike?
Hi I'm new here. Just started playing yesterday. I have to agree with a comment above that this skill seems to do less damage then main attack. The tool tip shows it does. I'm assuming the damage is for both strikes clombined.

Taking a new character to the first "boss" just before the first encampment its slower to kill him with this spell vs just plain old whacking. I thought to myself why eve n use it. I don't. It is nice for the creatures you can kill in 2 hits. Still per swing its less damage. Feels like it should do more for the effort involved because so far ill take the slightly longer default attack over this skill skill.

Maybe its not broken. It feels that way though against the first boss.
Last edited by Torrentula81 on Jun 28, 2012, 10:04:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info