Double Strike

"
WillyHsu wrote:
The game is already 0.9.9, and you still not change this skill. It's obvious that players won't use Double Strike when they have Heavy Strike.

When you have no element damage, the calculation is below.

Take lv11 gems for example :

Heavy Strike :

150% base damage x 140% = 210% your base damage

Mana : 8

Stun and knockback the enemy

Double Strike

70% base damage x 120% x 2 = 168% your base damage(each hit is 84%)

We all know that DS hits twice.
So if an enemy has armor, the damage will be redused twice. It means the damage will be actually lower.

Mana : 11

No other effects

GGG, your math is bad.

If you don't modify this skill in the future, then I really can't realize what you are thinking.

Here are some feedback but it seems you didn't pay any attention or you just didn't care . What are your intetion when you created this skill gem GGG ? I dont know how many ppl have quit this game cause of those bad designs , but I could be the next one cause I am too bored of this .
IGN : SunPrice - Level 89 Standard
Last edited by SunPrice on Jun 11, 2013, 5:07:51 PM
I actually prefer double strike over heavy strike for farming. Yes, the damage isn't as good, but the knockback on heavy strike spreads out the targets too much when linked with melee splash.

If the knockback could be turned off on heavy strike, I probably wouldn't use double strike, although the animation does look cool when linked with multistrike.
Is double strike supposed to do ridiculous knockback with a mace?
Double Strike doesn't seem to work with the Life Drain on Hit support Gem. Is this correct?
Works fine for me. You sure the sockets are linked? Some items have art that can make it look like there's a link, even if there isn't one. Also, how are you checking this?
(Life Gain)
I would have exspect doublestrike to have a mechanic like this:

"
if the first hit is rolled as a crit, you will hit twice
if the first roll does not crit, the second hit has the same chance to roll a crit

Same applies for accuracy

This would perfectly fix the problems with double strike and synergize well with the build possibilities.

or does it currently work like this already? If yes, the skill would be pretty cool ;)

PS.: I see that shockstacking is a pro arguement for double strike, but actually its not as useful as it might seem(as long as you wont go full lighting damage)

Assuming you just support your physical damage with lighting damage and go for crit, the problem is, that you lose a lot of chances to shockstack enemies, because of the damage effectiveness of DS. The nature of lighting damage (dealing high max and low min damage) further reduces the chances to shock. If your you dot 10-200 lighting damage and enemy has X HP you might end up that the lighting damage rolls from 10-70 wont shock the enemy because of the high HP.

Another big problem of lighting is, that its strong versus weak enemies, but awful against strong enemies.
Yes, you might onehit white mobs with 1 double strike, because of the double shock stack, but when you face a tripple elemental resist rare, you wont do shit and you can hit it for like 20 minutes, because lighting damage will not shock and physical damage is low per hit, meaning, armor will reduce the damage by a lot.

If double strike has no special/hidden mechanic, its just bad. And so is the game if it does not get fixed.
Try elemental proliferation and melee splash.
I've been digging around but I can't find the answer I'm looking for. How does Double Strike interact with attack speed and also how does it interact with Multistrike?

If I have a 1 APS weapon, with no other modifiers to Attack Speed from any source. Does Double Strike effectively double that APS? Am I performing 2 attacks in the same amount of time or am I performing 2 'quick' attacks that may take slightly longer?

If I add Multistrike to that, am I now attacking 6 times in 1 second? or does Multistrike simply utilize the 'more Attack Speed' modifier displayed on the gem?
Double Strike hits twice in the same timeframe as the default attack. You'll hit two times per second.
Multistrike simply grants multiplicative IAS and repeats the skill thrice.
"
Renor wrote:
I would have exspect doublestrike to have a mechanic like this:

"
if the first hit is rolled as a crit, you will hit twice
if the first roll does not crit, the second hit has the same chance to roll a crit

Same applies for accuracy

This would perfectly fix the problems with double strike and synergize well with the build possibilities.

or does it currently work like this already? If yes, the skill would be pretty cool ;)

PS.: I see that shockstacking is a pro arguement for double strike, but actually its not as useful as it might seem(as long as you wont go full lighting damage)

Assuming you just support your physical damage with lighting damage and go for crit, the problem is, that you lose a lot of chances to shockstack enemies, because of the damage effectiveness of DS. The nature of lighting damage (dealing high max and low min damage) further reduces the chances to shock. If your you dot 10-200 lighting damage and enemy has X HP you might end up that the lighting damage rolls from 10-70 wont shock the enemy because of the high HP.

Another big problem of lighting is, that its strong versus weak enemies, but awful against strong enemies.
Yes, you might onehit white mobs with 1 double strike, because of the double shock stack, but when you face a tripple elemental resist rare, you wont do shit and you can hit it for like 20 minutes, because lighting damage will not shock and physical damage is low per hit, meaning, armor will reduce the damage by a lot.

If double strike has no special/hidden mechanic, its just bad. And so is the game if it does not get fixed.

Good Idea&Thought !!! GGG, Does DS has a hidden mechanic??? :)
3.0 IC Elemental Facebreaker Ascendant (HHC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1972518
2.6 Burning torpedo BLS Berserker(HC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1866111
2.5 HoWA BF Elemental Raider - Hybrid 800+int - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1785450

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info