Double Strike

Yes. Cold to Fire will (partially) convert any Cold damage you deal with the linked skill, to Fire damage.
I think this skill would pair well with Frost Wall..which I have not seen in recent times.
I think double strike should have different mods depending on if you use one sword or two swords. For example if you using two swords it would be consecutive strikes with the main and off hands. It just seems that it would be better use of both weapons.
If you have two weapons, just use Dual Strike. That's what Dual Strike is for. :P
"
Vipermagi wrote:
If you have two weapons, just use Dual Strike. That's what Dual Strike is for. :P
Also Dual Strike DPS is insane for Dual Wielders.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
I was brainstorming a build that could work with elemental equilibrium.

To me it seems like it would be cool to have double strike utilize both weapons,then i could have say, a cold 1h and a lightning 1h.
inb4 "if you want to dual weild use dual strike" I get it,and i know building a character around resist reduction is a little weak. I was just a little disappointed to see that double strike wont do one of each attack with 2 weapons rapidly. perhaps this can be something that happens in the future,or perhaps a new skill altogether?
(although that could get reall confusing,dual strike,double strike,dualble strike?)
"
I was brainstorming a build that could work with elemental equilibrium.

Let's say you go for alternating Lightning and Cold.

-You'd need one weapon with tons of Lightning damage, and maybe some Fire. It cannot deal any Cold damage.
-One with tons of Cold, maybe Fire, no Lightning.
-You cannot use Wrath or Hatred (Hatred won't be missed, but you know).
-Gear cannot have Lightning or Cold damage whatsoever.
-All Fire damage you deal is nerfed by more than 25% effectively (due to how percent-reductions work, each percent-point is relatively worth more than the previous).

In return, your fairly mediocre Lightning and Cold damage are boosted by a relative factor 3 (75% to 25% Resist) in the best scenario, 1.5x at worst (0% to -50%).

Or you just grab the highest generic Elemental damage weapons and use Elemental Weakness, Anger, and Wrath to deal a ton of damage without having to go nuts finding appropriate gear.

It's a neat idea, but it's extremely difficult to set up and the pay-off is dealing less damage.
can someone help me a bit here.... I play on making a build using this skill a bit.... but... does anyone know how this skill behave when is supported by Multistrike ?!

Basicaly
Double Strike will hit twice
Multistrike "transforms" one hit into 3 succesive hits...

if we combine these two... will that mean that a single "use/cast" of Double Strike supported by multistrike gem will actually "HIT" a monster 6 times ?!

I just want to make an old D2 Zeal Paladin ....
so I plan on going Templar with shield using Groundslam for AOE... and DualStrike with multistrike as champs/bosses killing machine :)

maybe later I will drop ground slam and make a DualStrike an aoe skill also ....supporting it with : multistrike, melee splash and some extra damage, life steal or dunno :)

Does anyone know and tryed Double Strike with Multistrike supportive gem ?!

Regards, Infinity !!!
Long Live the Templars !!!!
Yes.

Double strike with Multistrike, Melee Splash is good.

Works as an AoE and Single Target Skill.
heavy strike is far better than double strike , im level 89 and i dont even see any one using double strike anymore at my levl , only heavy strike in pvp and lightning or inferno blow in farming . ggg should rebalace those skills
inferno nlow and lightning strike is cool though it has 125% damage Damage effectiveness but the damage is converted to lightning and fire damage , that means u got 50% physical and 50% elemental damage only , it's cool . but with Heavy strike , u got 150% multi for physical only, which makes this skill the most strongest melee skill in pvp and i dont see no one using double strike anymore . GGG SHOULD FIX THIS OR REMOVE THIS SKILL CAUSE IT'S USELESS IN PVP AND FARMING EVEN . At least make it 90-100% damage effective , ill be fine . Remember , the lowe damage we deal, the more effective opponent'armor will be

Someone said that this skill is good for status aliment cause it got 2 chances , maybe but maybe not , the damage has been reduced 30% so it's hard to get the oppenent chilled , shocked if they got much life . Thing is better with Heavy strike , you will have 50% more elemental damage that means more chance per hit with Heavy Strike . I cant see why we should use double strike instead of Heavy , what do u make Double Strike for ? lol

With Heavy strike , You got more chance to stun due to 30% reduce stun theshold , more chance to shock , chill , burning , armor penetration due to 150% damage Damage effectiveness , more speed per second cause u got 15% attack speed with 20% quanlity ( 10% for Double Strike - RIDICULOUS for a Dex gems ) . even you got 95% increased damage compare to 76% of Double Strike at level 20 ( 95 x 1.5 comapre to 76 x 0.7 ) ... really ? who is stupid enough to pick Double Strike instead of Heavy Strike ?

Please go check Status Aliment , it's based on how much elemental damage you deal per hit , not how many hit you make , lol . You even couldn't make any status aliment on your opponent if you deal 10 attack per second with not enough damage . In this case , go for damage is the best choice .

About the Blind gems , you have to spend 1 extra socket to link it to your Double strike and it's useless against Resolute Techness , Evasion + blind doesn't work on Spell also . If you say that BLind is usefull for farming then you are wrong , you have to pay 1 socket for it and it just doesn't worth it . You could get 40% more damage with that socket instead of 12% blind chance for 1 mod per time ( if that mod deals physical damage ) ...

I have joined thousands of pvp and won 75%+ most of them and no need to say how much time did i spend to get to lvl 89. Above is my opinion . You cant feel the whole game if you are still on low level . When you get to my level , you will see Double Strike is one of those useless skills in this game .

Mark , if you could read it , plz reply and tell me what is the benefit of using Double Strike ? I dont want to play a game that every physical build using Heavsy strike as their main skill , it's just boring . I want to see Double Strike works as it should .

Make it 85-100% damage effectiveness and it should be fine . 70% is too low .
IGN : SunPrice - Level 89 Standard
Last edited by SunPrice on Jun 11, 2013, 2:40:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info