Double Strike

"
Autocthon wrote:
Double strike is better than heavy strike when...

1) Enemies have reflect and you deal damage.
2) You want to apply X on hit /crit
3) You want to use Claws/Dagger, or to dual wield.
if #3 (the dw part of the statement), use dual strike instead... no damage penalty.
i can't find anything on this:

according to the wiki:

"Dual Wielding: This skill will only attack with the main hand weapon while dual wielding."

does that mean that second weapon becomes just a stat stick?

so i could p.e. use a big dps one hander on one hand and a slow/bad weapon on the other and the only differance would be that my first weapon would get a 10%more AS (from dualwielding)

because the tooltip seems to add everything toghether and mash them up, (but on the other hand tooltips aren't always accurate)
You are correct. Tooltips don't know how to handle stat-stick weapons :P
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
Double strike is better than heavy strike when...

1) Enemies have reflect and you deal damage.
2) You want to apply X on hit /crit
3) You want to use Claws/Dagger, or to dual wield.
if #3 (the dw part of the statement), use dual strike instead... no damage penalty.
#3 refers to wanting to dual wield with a statstick.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
shroudb wrote:

according to the wiki:

"Dual Wielding: This skill will only attack with the main hand weapon while dual wielding."

so i could p.e. use a big dps one hander on one hand and a slow/bad weapon on the other and the only differance would be that my first weapon would get a 10%more AS (from dualwielding)

because the tooltip seems to add everything toghether and mash them up, (but on the other hand tooltips aren't always accurate)

I've always thought X dps weapon + Aurumvorox or some other pure +stat/res/whatever 1h'er would be pretty cool. A max roll Aurumvorox gives 60 res all, that's insane. You get 20% reduced rarity with that but with 60 res all you can free up plenty of rarity spots on other gear.
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:
"
shroudb wrote:

according to the wiki:

I've always thought X dps weapon + Aurumvorox or some other pure +stat/res/whatever 1h'er would be pretty cool. A max roll Aurumvorox gives 60 res all, that's insane. You get 20% reduced rarity with that but with 60 res all you can free up plenty of rarity spots on other gear.

i use a claw on the offhand for the free +loh, with some added accu and some added % elemental damage, for a 1 chaos buy IF it indeed doesn't use it's stats at all but only it's global modifiers it is quite the big boost for my damage
"
FaceLicker wrote:
I've been digging around but I can't find the answer I'm looking for. How does Double Strike interact with attack speed and also how does it interact with Multistrike?

If I have a 1 APS weapon, with no other modifiers to Attack Speed from any source. Does Double Strike effectively double that APS? Am I performing 2 attacks in the same amount of time or am I performing 2 'quick' attacks that may take slightly longer?

If I add Multistrike to that, am I now attacking 6 times in 1 second? or does Multistrike simply utilize the 'more Attack Speed' modifier displayed on the gem?

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Double Strike hits twice in the same timeframe as the default attack. You'll hit two times per second.
Multistrike simply grants multiplicative IAS and repeats the skill thrice.

Actually, you'll hit 1.5 times per second. The interval between 2 Double Strikes is still the normal one.
That's not how Attack Speed works.

If you have an attack rate of 1 Attack per Second, you intiate one Double Strike every second. Double Strike consists of two swings. One Double Strike per second with two swings a piece: 1 * 2 = 2 swings per second.

Alternatively:
Your attack rate is the time between the same point of two subsequent attacks. With 1 Attack per Second, there is exactly one second between the end of attack 1 and the end of attack 2. With 2 Attacks per Second, there's 1 / 2 = 0.5 seconds between those points.
In that exact timeframe, Double Strike swings twice.

This isn't Zeal.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 27, 2013, 7:16:26 PM
Is the DPS bugged after 1.02? It's giving me substantially less DPS than Reave with the same supports, which makes no sense (no, I'm not using Conc effect :p ). However double the tooltip makes sense as the DPS.
Hey people,

my 3 skills i use are LS for culling + iir / ST and DS

My LS/ST havent changed in DPS tooltip but my DS tooltip went from 27.2k to 13.6k (wich is exactly 50% of old DPS!)
Did some Piety runs and it feels the same but i really want a definite answer on if its due to skillgem scaling or if its the average dps thing (wich means nothing really changed, wich im hoping it is)

can any1 give me a satisfying answer on this?
perhaps some1 from GGG??

Thx in advance!
Exiled for Eternity
Last edited by smartybarty on Nov 29, 2013, 6:31:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info