RIP Scion Dialogue

[Removed by Support]

Making it optional would've been the better choice instead of just removng it completely. It kinda removes the enjoyment of unlocking her... What's the point for new players if Scion is just like every other class, Storywise...
Last edited by Rachel on Aug 29, 2015, 9:30:16 AM
Game has changed a lot since open beta.

I honestly wish they had just left Act1-3 alone.

It feels like a different game now.
C'mon, GGG. Give me this reason to give you more money. I want my more interesting character back.
Okay, now I am almost hurt,GGG. You nerf her character depth in her lines, yet support that awesome unofficial backstory written by Loate here?:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1414654

I can't tell if the inconsistency in direction is meant to hurt my poor heart this much or not.
"
They're supporting the awesome writing and the creative efforts of a fan. They're not endorsing it as canonical.

If you're that fucking cut up over the changes to the scion, do what our good fellow Loate did and create your own version.

BECAUSE YOU ARE NEVER GETTING THAT FUCKED UP SCION DIALOGUE FROM BEFORE BACK.

EVER.

Oh, and just TRY to play the financial blackmail 'give me a reason to support by giving me what I demand because the game isn't worth supporting otherwise' card with me in the room. Go on. I dare you.

If the intention of blackmail is what you took from my other post about giving me a reason to give them more money, then you are mistaken. While it is irrelevant to this topic, I have purchased cosmetic shop points several times, and will continue to do so. Hence my use of the word "more".

So please do not be so angry about this. Also, I guess I didn't make the tone of my most recent post apparent enough. I clearly care about this game. I am playing it, I have played it for a long time, and I will continue to play. I care about the story because it is engaging. I like complex characters. I believe (as well as the other posters) that the new dialogue was a step in the other direction, towards a one-dimensional persona. Creating my own version will not put audio back in to the game. Loate's contribution is great, but it was not the old lines that I enjoyed so much. They are different content.

As I've stated before, if GGG were to give us the option to use the old dialogue at character creation, or to purchase it in the cosmetic shop, it would in no way reduce your gaming experience. Nothing of yours would be touched. Please respect that.

Thanks, and have a good day.
"
They're supporting the awesome writing and the creative efforts of a fan. They're not endorsing it as canonical.

If you're that fucking cut up over the changes to the scion, do what our good fellow Loate did and create your own version.

EVER.

Oh, and just TRY to play the financial blackmail 'give me a reason to support by giving me what I demand because the game isn't worth supporting otherwise' card with me in the room. Go on. I dare you.

nice rage qq
"
Sphen wrote:
"

EVER.

If the intention of blackmail is what you took from my other post about giving me a reason to give them more money, then you are mistaken. While it is irrelevant to this topic, I have purchased cosmetic shop points several times, and will continue to do so. Hence my use of the word "more".

So please do not be so angry about this. Also, I guess I didn't make the tone of my most recent post apparent enough. I clearly care about this game. I am playing it, I have played it for a long time, and I will continue to play. I care about the story because it is engaging. I like complex characters. I believe (as well as the other posters) that the new dialogue was a step in the other direction, towards a one-dimensional persona. Creating my own version will not put audio back in to the game. Loate's contribution is great, but it was not the old lines that I enjoyed so much. They are different content.

As I've stated before, if GGG were to give us the option to use the old dialogue at character creation, or to purchase it in the cosmetic shop, it would in no way reduce your gaming experience. Nothing of yours would be touched. Please respect that.

Thanks, and have a good day.

but, if they give you that you'll just ask for more. Aren't you thankful?
I'm pretty sure the old Scion's bizarre responses to Piety were just a matter of the lines being placed out of order. At any rate, her new dialogue is incredibly boring and lifeless.
"

EVER.

i don't think you need to be so rude. he was just making a point and i think his heart is in the right spot!
"
Try reading the whole thread. If that's not too much effort.

I'd guess the only reason Support haven't moved this barely twitching equine carcass to Audio feedback is to spare the relevant devs the hassle of dealing with a pointless issue.

And sometimes, yknow, a little emphatic 'rudeness' is precisely what is called for. After one has exhausted other avenues. But yeah, you just jump right in at the end of a tortured, tortuous whingefest about something that was simply fixed and throw your 2c worth in...

They "fixed" the Scion dialogue in the same way a doctor can "fix" a bruised knee by amputating the leg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info