RIP Scion Dialogue

Looks like all the people who complained about her previous chattiness got their wish.

Most, if not all of her dialogue when interacting with lore objects, killing non-act boss uniques, and entering new zones has been completely removed.

Her dialogue for killing Brutus is now just "You remind me of my ex-husband".

I figured they just wouldn't add as much as they previously did when they recorded hew new lines for act 4, I didn't actually think they would gut 90% of her original dialogue.

I'm sure there will be people who like this change, but I'm personally disappointed with it as I really liked the fact that at least one of the characters had a good bit of extra dialogue as opposed to the other classes which say like 4 sentences per act accompanied by a cheesy one liner after killing the act boss.

I'll especially miss those extra insights and ponderings about the story\lore when interacting with lore objects. They should have at least left those in imo since they only played when going out of your way to click those green scrolls\tablets\etc. and even then the dialogue only played once per act clear.

With all that being said, I do like HOW the few lines she still has left are delivered now. Seems like they re-recorded all the character audio for the awakening.

Last bumped on Feb 19, 2017, 11:00:46 PM
Another case of "you can't please everyone". I never minded the dialog all that more than the disparity of it bothered me. Now everyone is equally annoying. Yay.
Awww. I liked the Scion-dialogue-sucks Trope :(

It was such an innocuous thing to complain about, I don't think anyone expected them to actually remove it. Poor Scion.

Maybe while they are designing MTX UIs for people who need to have chained up girls in their lives, they could MTX the original dialogue?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Violentz wrote:

I'm sure there will be people who like this change, but I'm personally disappointed with it as I really liked the fact that at least one of the characters had a good bit of extra dialogue as opposed to the other classes which say like 4 sentences per act accompanied by a cheesy one liner after killing the act boss.

Same here, I came to the forum to post about that.

It's a very big loss to see all such lore simply thrown away like that. I really liked her old dialogue,... I'm missing it considerably.

The changes in the Brutus dialogue, too, are a big disappointment. It was very emblematic of the Scion's personality - she felt linked to the monsters, and tried to understand them even as she fought them. The new line is just pointless snark, just like every other character in the game says.
The Scion was my favorite character because of her dialogue. Now she's as silent, boring, and lifeless as the other characters. <sigh>

Gotta say I am very disappointed in GGG's decision to lobotomize the one character who dared to be different. I was hoping for more voiceover from the other characters, to bring them closer to the Scion, not the other way around.

Why didn't GGG just give us an option to toggle on or off for verbose mode? That way everyone wold be happy.

I vote that this thread should now be the petition to restore the Scion's dialogue that was so cruelly taken from her.
Supporting the restoration of the Scion's original dialogue.
I didn't have a problem with her verbosity I had a problem with her melodramatic garbage. She acted like everything in Wraeclast was a personal slight against her when it's just Wraeclast doing Wraeclast things.
I actually like the action hero quips for the most part. "Why do men always turn us into monsters" resonates better with her character than whatever she used to say to Merveil's carcass. Which I am unable to recall despite having killed her about 15 times on about 5 different Scions.

And it demands less of the player's attention while doing it. Fits into the kind of game this is better.

I do miss some of her lines. The little poem when she enters the monkey jungle. But I can say the same of the old actress for Act 3 Merchant Lady. "I'm not the vengeful type..."
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Jul 10, 2015, 8:18:28 PM
"

And it demands less of the player's attention while doing it. Fits into the kind of game this is better.

The way you say it, you make PoE looks like a mindless game. The Scion was an exception to the rule of all other characters, who don't say anything really worth listening to in the great majority of the time.
agreed. i liked the duelist's dialogue also and now he sounds like hes in a stupidly good mood for no reason... bc a few idiots complained.
Last edited by awave on Jul 10, 2015, 10:54:43 PM
Good.

Scion needed that nerf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info