RIP Scion Dialogue

Bump for character depth!
I'm fine as long as they leave the shadow untouched
"
Crystalgate wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:
Not a fan of the VA rework. Much like the globe art, it's a change for the worse in many cases.

The Templar lost his iconic "Go with God" line (I can't even imagine who was offended by that - ISIS?), Duelist sounds more whiny now, Scion is very generic.

I'm sure I've heard his "Go with God" several times already on normal. He seems to have a second rare killing line as well though.

Yes, it is indeed still there but quite rare as he now has several additional on-kill voice samples, including the very badass "The corrupt shall fall" and "Death to sin" - not 100% sure I heard those right tho.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
@Charan there appears to be kinky female VA for TGU in the game files already, as well as some axe. The axe I assume is this one http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Jack,_the_Axe; the sword is not available yet?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
pretty much all of the writing/va work in the game deteriorated this patch
"
I know how much it sucks to disagree with GGG on something they'll never change.

I'm glad in this, at least, their feelings and mine align.

Edwin's writing for The Awakening is easily on par with anything he's done before. The NPCs of Highgate are memorable and distinct, Piety's development towards each class is interesting, and the new samples for the classes are in line with their established attitudes and tones.

Either way, I'm out. Bumping this thread, which should have been moved to Audio Feedback ages ago, leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth.

I feel you and I'm not insulting his writing across the board. I do wish that with things like character voice acting, that a player will hear constantly throughout their PoE career, that they could be treated as some of the other cosmetics that are purchasable. They add flavor to have variety. Think of the dances that are available for each class, etc.

Audio feedback may be more appropriate, so if this is moved there then I won't complain. However, the larger audience here pleases me for now.
What I miss the most is the constant babbling. Even though I do like the old talk writing more I can as well live with the new ones.

But I really hope that Scion would start talking a lot again. Found it always refreshing to play Scion (and most of my new characters were also Scions) and hear talking in addition to the constant voices of combat.

Add 10 times more "noise" to Scion and I would be really happy.

And especially more lines to times when I press a skill gem and it's on cooldown... Every Scion player definitely knows this way too well...
IGN Eilonway
IGN Daynendas
I enjoyed her dialogue, and wish arpgs had more RPG in them, role playing, not just you playing a role, but the characters playing theirs with greater expression and detail, more story and such.

Otherwise it's just a pointless mass slaughter.

"When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
"
mjkittredge wrote:
I enjoyed her dialogue, and wish arpgs had more RPG in them, role playing, not just you playing a role, but the characters playing theirs with greater expression and detail, more story and such.

Otherwise it's just a pointless mass slaughter.

I agree entirely. Players who prefer the new Scion voice acting would not have their game experience diminished in the least if her old lines were re-introduced as something purchasable in the real money store.
Keepin' hope alive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info