RIP Scion Dialogue

"
Try reading the whole thread. If that's not too much effort.

I'd guess the only reason Support haven't moved this barely twitching equine carcass to Audio feedback is to spare the relevant devs the hassle of dealing with a pointless issue.

And sometimes, yknow, a little emphatic 'rudeness' is precisely what is called for. After one has exhausted other avenues. But yeah, you just jump right in at the end of a tortured, tortuous whingefest about something that was simply fixed and throw your 2c worth in...

and that's rude too! i did read the thread and just posted what i thought. i don't think you need to resort to ad-hominem attack. rude people are like piety, they ruin things for those around them and usually only think of themselves.
One more body amongst foundations makes little difference.

Not one step back, forward we go towards true progress, my comrades!

"
Don't confuse unembellished for rude. A little grown up language and straight talk is more than accepted here.

You want sugar, go to a fucking candy store.

And if all you get from a well written character like Piety is "rude and selfish" you really need to learn to see past the surface. As you may want to do with me, though I give approximately 0.2 fucks either way there.

Later, kitten.

That is not an intelligent read of my post. I didn't say "all that Piety was is rude and selfish" - I just made an analogy on some of the actions that she did. I like the depth of the Piety character a lot - and maybe you may find redemption by apologizing to the OP like Piety may have found redemption in her final battle with Malachai. As for your recent posts in this thread, you seem to favor straw man arguments by misconstruing what someone said and personal attacks - which I don't think is a grown up at all. I might be young and just play casually, but having crusty old players attacking people with different viewpoints cannot be good for the game either.
"
She wasn't bruised, she was *damaged*. She made no sense most of the time. Look, don't make me repeat what I posted earlier.

Oh, and did I mention that version of her, like a typo-ridden, inconsistency-filled draft released before proper proof-reading and editing, is never coming back? I really wish Support or even a real dev would address this and lock it, because it's utterly pointless.

The only lines of hers that made little sense were the responses to Piety, and I still contend that most (but not all) of that was because the lines were being delivered out of order.

And yeah, I know her old dialogue isn't coming back, and I'll happily concede that she needed some pruning and refinement, but instead she got completely gutted--hence the amputation analogy. I just find it odd that you don't seem to think that maybe there's a good middle ground between the two versions of her. I'm not really super attached to the old version of her, but I really hate the new version, to the extent that I would rather she just say nothing at all. She has no personality, all her lines are trite, and William Shatner finds her delivery embarrassing.
"
LilyKittens4 wrote:
and maybe you may find redemption by apologizing to the OP like Piety may have found redemption in her final battle with Malachai

I really don't think Piety found redemption in that battle. She mentions how she does not regret anything she has done; and joining us is more a matter of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" than a matter of her joining our cause. If anything, had she survived the battle she would have likely tried to get some of the Beast's power and remake the world in her own image.

I'm perfectly happy with that, for the records. Had Piety really found redemption and renounced everything she did, it would have been poor storytelling, IMO. I love her line, "I am not helping you, really. You are helping me".

Piety and Dialla's storylines were great in Awakening.

I really wish the old Scion dialogue would come back, for the records. It had far more personality than what she speaks today.
"
saltyvu wrote:
"
Sphen wrote:
"
They're supporting the awesome writing and the creative efforts of a fan. They're not endorsing it as canonical.

If you're that fucking cut up over the changes to the scion, do what our good fellow Loate did and create your own version.

BECAUSE YOU ARE NEVER GETTING THAT FUCKED UP SCION DIALOGUE FROM BEFORE BACK.

EVER.

Oh, and just TRY to play the financial blackmail 'give me a reason to support by giving me what I demand because the game isn't worth supporting otherwise' card with me in the room. Go on. I dare you.

If the intention of blackmail is what you took from my other post about giving me a reason to give them more money, then you are mistaken. While it is irrelevant to this topic, I have purchased cosmetic shop points several times, and will continue to do so. Hence my use of the word "more".

So please do not be so angry about this. Also, I guess I didn't make the tone of my most recent post apparent enough. I clearly care about this game. I am playing it, I have played it for a long time, and I will continue to play. I care about the story because it is engaging. I like complex characters. I believe (as well as the other posters) that the new dialogue was a step in the other direction, towards a one-dimensional persona. Creating my own version will not put audio back in to the game. Loate's contribution is great, but it was not the old lines that I enjoyed so much. They are different content.

As I've stated before, if GGG were to give us the option to use the old dialogue at character creation, or to purchase it in the cosmetic shop, it would in no way reduce your gaming experience. Nothing of yours would be touched. Please respect that.

Thanks, and have a good day.

but, if they give you that you'll just ask for more. Aren't you thankful?

I want us to take a step back from your question.

Do you think that someone cannot be thankful for something if they do not also thing the object is perfect? Clearly I am thankful, as I stated in this posted that I have frequently voluntarily contributed money to GGG, to support their endeavors. Is there any part of any posts I have made here that do not seem thankful? Let me phrase it this way for you: I was MORE thankful of the old dialogue than I am of the new.

As for "asking for more", what do you mean? Do you mean I'll expect the game to continue to change and grow? GGG has shown time and again that they listen to this community when it comes to many of the decisions, so "asking for more" could be seen as simply a different way of saying that I am "giving my constructive feedback".

No offense, but I think the way you worded your question here implies quite a lot and is pretty narrow.
"
Don't confuse unembellished for rude. A little grown up language and straight talk is more than accepted here.

You want sugar, go to a fucking candy store.

And if all you get from a well written character like Piety is "rude and selfish" you really need to learn to see past the surface. As you may want to do with me, though I give approximately 0.2 fucks either way there.

Later, kitten.

No to pick an argument, but I think you give more than .2 fucks or you wouldn't be consistently posting here, on an issue that would not hurt your gaming experience in any way if our suggestions were met.

To use your words, perhaps some of us thought the previous Scion was more "well written" than the current one. Damaged? Well, sure imperfect, but we don't need to be so black and whie about it.

"
Erasculio wrote:
"
LilyKittens4 wrote:
and maybe you may find redemption by apologizing to the OP like Piety may have found redemption in her final battle with Malachai

I really don't think Piety found redemption in that battle. She mentions how she does not regret anything she has done; and joining us is more a matter of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" than a matter of her joining our cause. If anything, had she survived the battle she would have likely tried to get some of the Beast's power and remake the world in her own image.

I'm perfectly happy with that, for the records. Had Piety really found redemption and renounced everything she did, it would have been poor storytelling, IMO. I love her line, "I am not helping you, really. You are helping me".

Piety and Dialla's storylines were great in Awakening.

I really wish the old Scion dialogue would come back, for the records. It had far more personality than what she speaks today.

I agree on all of this, well put.
Guess loate's scion origins are closest we will ever see again from scion old dialoge.

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
pls GGG, give us an option to switch between the old and new dialogue of the scion.
I really loved the old Scion, the new one is just a stupid little blonde.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info