The forums aren't fun anymore

"
Xavderion wrote:
The regulars are on probation all the time This sucks.
Your misery is over...
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I've got my post removed, because it was quite harsh TOWARDS OP'S IDEA. Not OP. In fact, I did not write anything bad about OP, nor did I mean any offense to him. link

He even then posted that he was not offended by my post, lol.

Yet still, post was removed and thread was closed. I mean, is this what we want? Censorship, because a little more aggressive rhetoric is used? Not saying that we should allow people call each other shit (especially for stupid reasons), but removing posts that mocks someone's (quite stupid, to be honest) idea?...

I understand that GGG is preparing for this "probable" wave of new people coming to forums because of the massive advertisement campaign and expansion, and that they have spend a lot of (our) money to do so, so they do not want bunch of idiots to ruin new player's experiences.
But this is going too far. :-V Old poster's will give up and fade away, and chances are that "new forums" either fill up with even more idiots (maybe even worse than we are atm), or simply die, because no experienced players will feel like coming back to these purist forums.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 28, 2015, 1:04:23 AM
Perq - I checked the post of yours that was removed. Most of it was fine, but there were 1-2 lines that were definitely hostile and superfluous to the point you were making. It's typical that in these cases we would usually remove the 1-2 lines instead of the whole post if it has other redeemable content.

I'll talk to the people involved as they may have had some other reason for removing the whole post. Feel free to message me if things come up that you feel are too severe. Looking into specific cases in conjunction with player feedback is very helpful in order to tweak the guidelines in the right direction.
Please use your ... Fullest thinking capacity!
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
Perq wrote:

Yet still, post was removed and thread was closed.

I requested that the thread get locked because I got pissed off that my response to you was removed as well while I was in the process of editing it into a more friendly tone.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I was never on a probation and I am wondering why. I posted a lot of shit here on the forums in a negative and also agressive way when I was pissed off. My posts were edited mutiple times, but thats fine... the forum moderators know better than me when I am crossing the line.

But I remember only one warning and removed post. It was like more than a year ago when Charan was a really super hyper active forum guy like the DickAustin nowadays ( I hate that guy, is he still around ? ) and he was posting literally everywhere so I made a joke about him that he is like Chandler from the Friends series because he has always something to say :-)
That was really it nothing else, a simpe harmless joke. ( btw Chandler is my favorite ) And I received a warning from a GGG member and my post was removed. Obviously some people dont watch Friends, or have absolutely no sense of humour.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on May 28, 2015, 5:17:13 AM
Just don't understand the need someone have to be hostile, aggressive and/or hateful in a discussion.

Is it because:

a) "I choose to be a dick, write hateful, aggressive post because I MEAN that the guy I'm discussing with deserves it, and I MEAN I'm the right person to give it to him". The "I AM THE LAW"-style.

b) "I have no self control".

c) "I just don't give a shit".

d) "I have no empathy, and have no understanding that people are different and can react to such behavior".

e) "I think it's fun to spread bullshit".

We can all say heated things in a heated discussion, but when the same, old people keep pushing the line, I just can't help to wonder if they're still in Elementary School.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Just don't understand the need someone have to be hostile

One man's hostility may be another man's jovial banter. People aren't vexed that they aren't allowed to be hostile, they are vexed by the current interpretation of what constitutes hostility (and other infractions).
Great change, I already see few spammers and trolls are not posting and left. Really good thing. The forum went to shit with open beta, now its a lot better.
Pro hint - hostility alone isn't the only reason why people are getting probated.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info