The forums aren't fun anymore

I referenced to "game of thrones" as a bad tv series. My post was deleted. Can't even have opinions here.
If you troll, you should also face the consequences without whining.
well, it's simple really. they wanted to fracture the forums and really render it useless, while ruling with an iron fist and stomping out the old ways of general discussion where, get this, actual discussion was occurring. nowadays there is no discussion because it's dead. any posts that do start to pick up steam are shoved into some shit subforum gulag nobody has ever visited voluntarily.

perhaps the goal was to absolutely annihilate the forums on here so most people will be redirected to the official PoE forums found in my signature. furthermore, Chris and the dev team usually post the useful information there anyway

it is quite sad. forums are impossible to navigate, nobody is posting anywhere, there is no high traffic hub. And for what purpose did they do this?
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
Last edited by comm_il_vec on May 20, 2015, 3:26:48 PM
I'd agree that they have lost a little of the sparkle.

I'll paraphrase what I have said in another couple of threads - The forums are primarily for 2 things, information and entertainment. We've lost a lot of entertainment lately (even the shit posters and trolls have their value, if simply as a target to engage with or rant about). The information side of things is relatively stable - but quite a few of the guys who spend a lot of time answering questions, providing clarity, or helping in the Tech support areas have been reducing the amount of their posting as well.

If the place isn't entertaining, then those who supplement that entertainment by providing constructive help and feedback may not stick around, then we end up losing valuable community resources.

I'm confident that things will perk up again - but it won't happen on its own. We need to work at it by testing the limits of the rules, engaging with Bex and her team, and continuing to challenge each other as we've always done so the boundaries can be clearly identified.

Bex has a big part to play in this by communicating and being transparent about probations and [RBS] - not just for the benefit of the people impacted, but also with the forums as a whole so we can establish where the lines are.

Or something. Fuck, I don't know. I'm a little bored.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I know you miss me, Xav :)
I'll be back on the weekend, unless something urgent pops up.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
After reading alot of threads like this one, I'm still wondering what solutions you guys are proposing?

I read the guidelines and I find them fine. Only this part can be hard to interpret and can "ruin" some fun :

"

Examples of this would include, "TLDR", "Lol" in response to a question asking for help, "Just keep telling yourself whatever lets you sleep at night.", "Did not read".

So how would you make these forums more "fun" ?
"
Why shouldn't they be? This isn't wikipedia. It has no bearing on anything important at all: ever.

This also isn't 4chan /b . Is it so wrong to expect a bit of mutual respect between members of the forum? I think the environment that GGG is trying to cultivate here is one where people feel free to post their opinions and not be inundated with SPAM or insulting responses. If a community built on rules of reasonable code of conduct is maintained, users can easily utilize these forums to discuss the game, seek assistance, suggest changes, and provide useful feedback.

If they see people posting things similar to what they intend to post, and getting truly awful responses, they may just avoid it altogether.

At the moment, things are obviously changing. I think this is just a bit of a 'feeling out' period where the moderation is going to be a bit uneven until enough example situations are out there that Bex can point her team to. In the few interactions I've had with her, Bex seems to be quite reasonable. I'm sure she isn't trying to make this place less fun, but rather a more welcoming place for the players out there.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Don't worry, I'm coming back to the forums you fuckin' fucks.

It's time for everything to get approximately 14.873% more interesting.
Forum fun nerf confirmed.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Forum fun nerf confirmed.

nothing is safe from the nerf bomb
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info