The forums aren't fun anymore

"
TheWretch wrote:

As for the "real" forums, what do you mean by that?

Real as in 'fan forum', not 'official corporate forum'. If they want the latter they have to make different rules.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

That's what education is for. I don't see it as my responsibility if the education system fails and future generations see Hitler merely as an internet meme. I expect from my fellow humans that they know their shit and realize I'm not trivializing anything by posting Hitler gifs. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I also think South Park is genius.

At least for Hitler I agree. I doubt the world comes to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd2ydct3rBU

I mean, it would require sheer idiocy to come to that. Nazies being evil has been adopted by pop culture systematically, it's not really a risk.

My whole problem about the whole concept of offensive is the poor criteria that people have shown to differentiate things that deserve our attention from those that are just trying to silence something needlessly.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

As for the "real" forums, what do you mean by that?

Real as in 'fan forum', not 'official corporate forum'. If they want the latter they have to make different rules.

Its always been an official corporate forum. Fan forums are just that, fan sites. I don't see what the issue is here? The closest thing to a sanctioned fan site for GGG is the reddit sub.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I think we need to stop posting in this thread, and get back to normal day to day posting in the forums - even stirring up some shit with a few click bait topics will be worthwhile.

Co-operation from the mods would be useful here, just posting warnings instead of deleting and probating. It would help shape the best way for us to move forward.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
I think we need to stop posting in this thread, and get back to normal day to day posting in the forums - even stirring up some shit with a few click bait topics will be worthwhile.

Co-operation from the mods would be useful here, just posting warnings instead of deleting and probating. It would help shape the best way for us to move forward.

yeah your prolly right
I dont see any any key!
"
"
Tom_GGG wrote:
...it is our hope that this can be done without the need for aggressive content or by directly attacking any individual who chooses to use the forum, regardless of their background or playstyle.

This is an admirable goal.

All I notice is people complaining, not that they dispute being hostile or harassing others, but that they still want a place to do so.

How sad that individuals feel they have the right to treat the forums as some kind of cesspool, or as a platform to vent their aggression as keyboard warriors. Yet to see a single 'I was wrongly accused of being a dick', only more and more 'they should let us be total dicks, because I like to be'.

This is a better place without that bollocks. Go tell someone how much you're opinion of them matters elsewhere. Hopefully it means less time the team has to spend babysitting.

Pretty much. Notice people are still only coming out with I want this to be place where I can act like a toxic loser... Because *reasons*.

I also notice more people making more constructive posts in what's supposed to be a 'lull' between releases.
I thought the forums were fine before this nerf, and I hope it is improved or reverted when the expansion starts.

The forums are another part of the game if you ask me... the community :)
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
I thought the forums were fine before this nerf, and I hope it is improved or reverted when the expansion starts.

The forums are another part of the game if you ask me... the community :)

I couldent agree more

great post
I dont see any any key!
After being sent on probation (for the first time) for one day for stuff i did not really understand, i must say: Probation is just not the right way to punish people. It does not feel like a punishment at all. Or let us say: a well deserved punishment (presuming that you are self-critical at the start). You log in and BOOM, red flag, strange posting on the right side of your account-window. That is it. You can't post anymore, nor can you send PM (to maybe discuss with support). This kind of "punishment" forces even the most humble and honest and self-aware people (not me^^) to feel just being treated badly (even if they know that the stuff they did was not correct or unnecessary). Cannot explain it exactly, but the first thing i thought when i saw the probation tag was "Me? Man, i played white knight for them, what the fuck?"
That of course is not totally true. But it was my first reaction. I can't imagine how others, let us say people who spent thousands of dollars for this game, feel when they get flagged "out of nowhere".

This is no whining. I don't have a problem with my probation or stuff. Or at least i don't want to make this a topic. What i want to say: It is a bad punishment in general. It naturally feels very unfair, whether you did something wrong or not. Maybe it is not the punishment for itself, but the way it gets delivered. Just my 1.5 cents.

And btw.: If the probation says "for 1 day / 24 hours" make it last 24 hours, and not 24.5 ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on May 27, 2015, 2:33:35 PM
I'm going to indicate my continuing disagreement that deleting posts without adequate feedback is the best option for the implementation of the new guidelines.

Transparency is very important, communication is very important. Simple deleting of posts diminishes the ability for the community to see and understand where the boundaries lie, and also impact on the relationship between mods and posters.

This is not a Them Vs Us system, guys - its a community through and through. The mods are here by the graces of those who play and donate, and the posters are here by the graces of GGG for providing a game and a forum to post in. We have a symbiotic relationship and should all be working towards the same goal - a useful resource that provides entertainment and information for the community as whole.

This is simply not going to be achieved without a little co-operation from both sides.

I'm getting disappointed. I don't want to see the huge swathes of shit posting that has previously been endemic to GD, but I also don't want to see valid posts and criticism be discouraged. If that means we have to put up with a little bit of angst and shitty contribution, I feel that is preferable.

When Act 4/2.0 launches, there will no doubt be an influx of people to the forums - how do we want them to look and feel for these people? Do we want "Forums Not Fun Any More" and similar posts to still be trending at the top of the page?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on May 27, 2015, 4:04:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info