The forums aren't fun anymore

"
Nubatron wrote:

Obviously there is a warm up period, basically a culling of the bottom dwellers that will unfortunately net some good intentioned posts. Over time, I believe the net impact will be good and the leash can then be loosened....but still able to strangle if need be.

I could post an Another Brick in the Wall youtube link but i may be permanently banned for it, who knows?

I can not even picture you as Nurse Ratched because it will surely result in my ban.

Nice kind of DISCUSSION we are having, right?
Knock knock!

Who's there?

Moderator.

Moderator who?

MODERATOR BAN YOU!
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
Teplokot wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

Obviously there is a warm up period, basically a culling of the bottom dwellers that will unfortunately net some good intentioned posts. Over time, I believe the net impact will be good and the leash can then be loosened....but still able to strangle if need be.

I could post an Another Brick in the Wall youtube link but i may be permanently banned for it, who knows?

I can not even picture you as Nurse Ratched because it will surely result in my ban.

Nice kind of DISCUSSION we are having, right?

It seems like you're struggling with it because you WANT to say something nasty but can't if I'm reading in between the lines correctly. That would not qualify as discussion either; if that is the case.

I'm more than happy to discuss any of this, even in private messages so you can be as offensive as your heart desires (HINT: You won't offend me)
"
Nubatron wrote:
It seems like you're struggling with it because you WANT to say something nasty but can't if I'm reading in between the lines correctly. That would not qualify as discussion either; if that is the case.

Nasty? Like 18+ nasty? No, sorry but you are not my type. Sarcastic? Yes, but apparently sarcasm is considered 21+ material now.

"
Nubatron wrote:

I'm more than happy to discuss any of this, even in private messages so you can be as offensive as your heart desires (HINT: You won't offend me)

I gave you RC address. Lets go.

MODERATION ALERT LEVEL 11/10, SOMEBODY IS TALKING OUTSIDE FORUMS, GET OUR CARRIERS READY ))
Last edited by Teplokot on May 26, 2015, 1:18:01 PM
"
Teplokot wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

Nasty? Like 18+ nasty? No, sorry but you are not my type. Sarcastic? Yes, but apparently sarcasm is considered 21+ material now.

"
Nubatron wrote:

I gave you RC address. Lets go.

MODERATION ALERT LEVEL 11/10, SOMEBODY IS TALKING OUTSIDE FORUMS, GET OUR CARRIERS READY ))

Be with you momentarily -- and you keep saying things yet are not probated in spite of your doom and gloom forecast. It's almost as if there is the use of hyperbole in your sentiments.. :)
"
TaKtiCz wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Blaming SJWs is a cop-out. At worst, SJWs are relentlessly annoying and disruptive... but they don't own the forums they are attempting to influence. It is the ultimately the developer's and/or forum owners' decision to decide content and policy.

They don't own the forums, no. They own the media. Polygon, kotaku, etc. The deal is you censor your game/forums for media coverage. It is right in line with what is happening to reddit right now. Reddit is run by SJWs. Reddit is claiming that they were never dedicated to free speech and that they are dedicated to providing a "safe space". What is a "safe space"? A place where no one is criticized for their terrible ideologies as long as they fall in line with the status quo. A hugbox. Basically you tow the line or you get DESTROYED by the liberal media. This is not a good sign. Every internet forum is heading in this direction besides certain chan boards.

dont know why you had to throw liberal in there. It is a common theme to dog pile on anything you can drum up a dog pile for, and is not limited by ideology. Bill O'reilly for example was able to drum up a dog pile on another reporter for something he himself engaged in regularly, I wouldnt call him 'liberal media'.

No, it is just easy to misrepresent what somebody is saying/doing in a way that people naturally are raw towards, can find funny and easy to bite down on and drum up a shit storm.

Like calling a girl a slut. It is easy to paint that picture. You find a girl that people would intrinsically want to engage sexually and point out she is having sex...just not with you, it just hits this little nerve people have, then it is fun to scream slut, and suddenly we hate this person for having sex not with us. It is a natural reaction, and relying on people to be base is a good bet.

Just dont be base. Transcend the situation, be more than primitive.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 26, 2015, 2:54:55 PM
We got it. You're above it all.

Don't be biased, be loving, don't judge, be neutral, more than the opening scene of Space Odyssey even!

OK.

Nothing to be said of sanctimony? High comedy.
I am above it all? Have you seen my post history? I can and do go base, but I realize why I am slapped on the wrist when I do. That is where the transcendence comes in, that it wasnt punishment for those specific words but rather for being base and taking the low road. When people refuse to not take the low road, you end up with edited snoop dogg quotes for people that hardly ever take the low road.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 26, 2015, 3:44:26 PM
At the end of the day its simple for me, as GGG goes the more corporate route I am reminded of why I came to enjoy the direction of the game.

I felt as though it was the ANTI-corporate AAA game, all of the quality and diversity none of the censorship and hand holding.

I have been annoyed with the moderation lately and direction the forums are going, if I wanted that type of community moderation I'd go to a Blizzard forum, it's a shame but ultimately it's GGG's choice.
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
"
cuan wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

The problem is that, for many people, Hitler was and shall always remain a great, historical evil, an example from which we must learn vigilance against the rise of some similar evil. For other people, however, he may end up being just that "funny man in the internet memes."

The risk of trivializing someone like Hitler, much like denying the Holocaust, is the concurrent risk of forgetting the past in proper context. I'm just glad it's not my job to provide an answer to the question of how to handle internet meme Hitler on this forum. ='[.]'=

"The risk of trivializing someone like Hitler, much like denying the Holocaust, is the concurrent risk of forgetting the past in proper context."

In an age where our connection to the past is very easily manipulated this cannot be overstated imo. *imo* We should respect our *collective* 'heritage' more, good and bad. Our short-term memories make it possible to re-write history now more than ever when confronted with an ever increasing amount of media noise/corporate/political propaganda.

I get the feeling that 'dark humour' is the new troll bridge to hide under or behind as the case may be. Maybe i just don't get it.

My tastes do not include most 'modern' black comedy. I do not see much artistic merit in South Park or the like. But then i'm more drama over comedy as far as movies go.

*edit for qualifiers

That's what education is for. I don't see it as my responsibility if the education system fails and future generations see Hitler merely as an internet meme. I expect from my fellow humans that they know their shit and realize I'm not trivializing anything by posting Hitler gifs. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I also think South Park is genius.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info