The forums aren't fun anymore

Thanks Ray.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on May 26, 2015, 6:59:38 AM
 So does PoE have an internal evil on Wraeclast that we exiles can not and never will be able to kill? Kind of reminds me of Game of Thrones where the people live in a violent world and every one grows up in that environment so that after a few generations they consider it (the violence) to be the norm. Wow, that has also happened in some parts of the middle east. Very sad.

Are our exiles doomed to a fate like Groundhog Day where we repeat the same day over and over again? It's just like playing maps. The same thing over and over again. I think that after PoE 2.0 GGG should seriously think about and develop a real ending for PoE when we get our exile to level 100 (not just top of the ladder bragging rights). GGG needs to cement the whole player being exiled to Wraeclast for crimes committed in Oriath with the faint hope that one day through sheer perseverance (enough mass killing) that there is a reason to keep on going. That one day our exile will be free from purgatory and leave Wraeclast to return to Oriath. Unfortunately, GGG has never ever hinted at a proper ending for PoE (I know, I know, don't get the cart before the horse). But still there should be discussion on this subject. At least we should get ideas flowing about how GGG can improve on the whole "endless maps" and ways to not be stuck in an endless Groundhog Day scenario that we are currently trapped in.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 So does PoE have an internal evil on Wraeclast that we exiles can not and never will be able to kill? Kind of reminds me of Game of Thrones where the people live in a violent world and every one grows up in that environment so that after a few generations they consider it (the violence) to be the norm. Wow, that has also happened in some parts of the middle east. Very sad.

Are our exiles doomed to a fate like Groundhog Day where we repeat the same day over and over again? It's just like playing maps. The same thing over and over again. I think that after PoE 2.0 GGG should seriously think about and develop a real ending for PoE when we get our exile to level 100 (not just top of the ladder bragging rights). GGG needs to cement the whole player being exiled to Wraeclast for crimes committed in Oriath with the faint hope that one day through sheer perseverance (enough mass killing) that there is a reason to keep on going. That one day our exile will be free from purgatory and leave Wraeclast to return to Oriath. Unfortunately, GGG has never ever hinted at a proper ending for PoE (I know, I know, don't get the cart before the horse). But still there should be discussion on this subject. At least we should get ideas flowing about how GGG can improve on the whole "endless maps" and ways to not be stuck in an endless Groundhog Day scenario that we are currently trapped in.

well most folks dont even reach 100 before the league ends and the cycle starts over lol
I dont see any any key!
Path of exile forum is now nothing but a place where you put items to be indexed by poe.trade
"
Teplokot wrote:
Path of exile forum is now nothing but a place where you put items to be indexed by poe.trade

thats about it lol
I dont see any any key!
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
blubbber wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

I posted a Hitler gif the other day and got 24 hour probation for it. It was Hitler looking sad/distressed with the caption 'what has the world come to?'. 100% harmless shit but it got deleted and I got banned. I wouldn't even call it dark humor I guess for real dark humor I'd get a 30 day ban..

Personally I wouldn't have been offended by it, mainly because nothing really offends me, but having had members of my family executed in concentration camps, I can't see anything funny in Hitler references either and I can understand how other people might find this less 'harmless' and feel offended by it. So, IMHO that sort of stuff deserved to be removed.

The problem is that, for many people, Hitler was and shall always remain a great, historical evil, an example from which we must learn vigilance against the rise of some similar evil. For other people, however, he may end up being just that "funny man in the internet memes."

The risk of trivializing someone like Hitler, much like denying the Holocaust, is the concurrent risk of forgetting the past in proper context. I'm just glad it's not my job to provide an answer to the question of how to handle internet meme Hitler on this forum. ='[.]'=

"The risk of trivializing someone like Hitler, much like denying the Holocaust, is the concurrent risk of forgetting the past in proper context."

In an age where our connection to the past is very easily manipulated this cannot be overstated imo. *imo* We should respect our *collective* 'heritage' more, good and bad. Our short-term memories make it possible to re-write history now more than ever when confronted with an ever increasing amount of media noise/corporate/political propaganda.

I get the feeling that 'dark humour' is the new troll bridge to hide under or behind as the case may be. Maybe i just don't get it.

My tastes do not include most 'modern' black comedy. I do not see much artistic merit in South Park or the like. But then i'm more drama over comedy as far as movies go.

*edit for qualifiers

Last edited by Cuan on May 26, 2015, 11:23:57 AM
"
Teplokot wrote:

And for support.

And for gameplay discussions.

And for general (civilized) chat.

And for guild searching.

And for mechanics questions.

The majority of their rules are about treating others properly and not taking the forums into a place that only children and foul mouthed bull's would enjoy. That does not prohibit a large majority of the prior threads, just the general demeanor of them.
Last edited by Nubatron on May 26, 2015, 10:49:27 AM
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Teplokot wrote:

And for support.

And for guild searching.

The majority of their rules are about treating others properly and not taking the forums into a place that only children and foul mouthed bull's would enjoy. That does not prohibit a large majority of the prior threads, just the general demeanor of them.

I dont know ive been warned a few times already simply for posting pictures and a few jokes

none of which were offensive or directed at anyone

the forums are still a decent place to look for builds and guilds but not much else
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Teplokot wrote:

And for support.

And for guild searching.

I dont know ive been warned a few times already simply for posting pictures and a few jokes

none of which were offensive or directed at anyone

the forums are still a decent place to look for builds and guilds but not much else

Did they derail... or add no value....or offensive in a way that you can pretend you did not intend?

Obviously there is a warm up period, basically a culling of the bottom dwellers that will unfortunately net some good intentioned posts. Over time, I believe the net impact will be good and the leash can then be loosened....but still able to strangle if need be.
it all depends on how you look at it I guess

I of course thought they added value or I would not have posted them

The value of course being humor something I value more than most do i suspect
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info