Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

whats your opinion about divination cards

"
LeHeup80 wrote:
Or maybe we can have special events perhaps happen should you do something with the deck out in the wilds of Wreyclast...... secret Chris Wilson map with all the lead devs as bosses :D

Who knows!

GG GGG

You can read my mind.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
I'm a bit worried that high-end gear will be too easy to farm. I have no idea what the drop-rate for those cards is for the highest end items (mirrors, shavs, etc). It's good that we can 'aim' for more specific items then. But do we really need it?

I could now just farm random maps, if lucky, find a 20ex worth item, sell it, then buy the item I really wanted instead of farming the item directly. The point of "now you can farm the exact item you want" does not make a lot of sense to me personally.

I hope that I don't have to farm some really annoying area with almost no mobs for a specific card. Or a card for a high-end item in a low-level-zone... That would greatly take the fun out of it.
I like the cards.

I like what they add to the economy and traders, and I like the option they give to non-traders. I like how they look, and I like the idea of zoned farming (close to loot tables). I can't see a single negative impact they may have.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
I like the cards.

I like what they add to the economy and traders, and I like the option they give to non-traders. I like how they look, and I like the idea of zoned farming (close to loot tables). I can't see a single negative impact they may have.

What if they're so common as to flood the game with the items that they represent?

or

What if they're so rare that a solo player couldn't ever even hope to complete a set?

The negative I see is that the only way to resolve this conflict is going to be bad for one group or the other. There's absolutely no way that they can "balance" this with the two different constraints involved. It's doomed by design to either ruin the economic value of these items or be utterly worthless to those who don't trade.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

What if they're so common as to flood the game with the items that they represent?

or

What if they're so rare that a solo player couldn't ever even hope to complete a set?

The negative I see is that the only way to resolve this conflict is going to be bad for one group or the other. There's absolutely no way that they can "balance" this with the two different constraints involved. It's doomed by design to either ruin the economic value of these items or be utterly worthless to those who don't trade.

Knowing GGG, they will NEVER be common enough to make huge impacts on the economy. But they will be popular to trade. But a huge impact? I doubt it. But, who the hell am I kidding, I take no part in the economy as it is, what the hell do I know?

They may, on the other hand, be too rare to impact the solo play style - directly. But no matter how rare they are, they will serve as a carrot, hoovering in peoples mind as "may be".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 12, 2015, 6:23:49 PM
#4 wouldn't 'suck', it'd be perfectly reasonable in some cases, namely the cases where the item is a guaranteed very powerful/expensive item (like the Windripper one I heard someone did).

It's not like the chance to drop the item itself and the chance to drop the divination cards are mutually exclusive; even if a set of cards is rarer than the item itself you could increase your chances of getting the item by farming the zone with the cards in it, e.g. say the full set of Exalted Orb cards drops half as often as an Exalted Orb itself, you could still farm up 1.5x as many exalts as usual by farming that area.
Last edited by Shppy on Jun 12, 2015, 7:26:21 PM
I don't like the card idea at all .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
tryhardgg wrote:
I don't like the card idea at all .

This is a forum, why don't you tell us about "why"?
Im belive botters would get insane tonns of those cards and legit players never saw good drop, so those cards will make botters even more powerful and more abuse game then it now.

Theres rly to many bots in game and they would be more happy with cards.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
I like the cards.

[/quote]

This circumstance already exists in Standard.

Look at all of the legacy items that exist in the economy, starting from the day after the end of the closed beta.

I have enough faith in GGG to keep things from going awry. POE is the goose that lays the golden eggs. If something's wrong, they'll fix it as they always do.
Last edited by TrelayneNYC on Jun 15, 2015, 1:17:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info