whats your opinion about divination cards

From what GGG said these cards offers a better way in farming for specific items as an alternative way to trading. Basically this tells us GGG realizes that the chance of obtaining some of the desirable items (eg mjolner shavs mirrors) is extremely unrealistic via playing the game without carebear trading. ESPECIALLY in temporary leagues.

If you uber nerf the drop rate of the target item and then requiring these cards to have the same chance then it's NOT a better way to get the said item and everyone else who do not have the card set is heavily nerfed in chance of getting the target item. Which defeats the entire meaning of putting in these cards ingame.

Also this is to encourage playing in "non-mapped" zone endgame. When is the last time you take your Lv93 to Merc Ledge? I sure can't remember. Now what if merc ledge drops the card set for Votaxic Rift? yea people would be farming there as well as doing their normal repetitive map grind... or... they can take the easy mode way to get them... by trading. Get it? GGG wants us to play the game more... not playing sitting in town reading trade chat spam and posting items to xyz all day long (which is the most effective way to obtain any item you ever wanted and also the quickest way to be among the riches in this entire game)...
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on May 14, 2015, 2:55:59 AM
"
whats your opinion about divination cards

They will range from "it sucks" to "it's completely irrelevant" for average (SF or not) players and be an incredible buff for (big) traders.

The economy which is very effective at distributing item X, will be several times more effective at distributing 1/X part of this item in form of more common cards. A singe card for item X will go for cheaper than the % of the item it represents.

Therefore a full set of cards for item X, will have to be a lot more rare than the item it targets (be it through numerical rarity or gating). If a set of cards is of equal rarity than item X, this doubles the drop rate, alongside with a more efficient trading distribution the cards offer. When has GGG doubled the drop rate of anything?

If this system will impact common players at all, will depend on what will Highgate supporters design. If they'll design some common items, common orbs, leveling uniques, etc.. then this will have some positive impact on everyone. If they will design mostly super-rare things, stacks of mirrors and fishing equipment, then divination cards will have zero impact on anyone who doesn't trade a lot or play the game as a second job.

---

The only sensible thing to do with this cards would be to make them account bound. Only in this case a set of cards could be of the same rarity than the item it targets. Ofc. no such thing will ever happen. They will be just another mechanic which will have to be severely nerfed, coz economey is muy important part of the game. (also will have to be additionally nerfed because of botting)

E:
Another negative impact of these cards is that big traders will max out their chars a lot sooner now. Making people cry on the forum how "league is too long, we are bored" two weeks in...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on May 14, 2015, 4:26:09 AM
i kinda missed the point that they might not be able to be traded...wouldnt really mind that, but if youre not farming them theyre kinda useless then
They are not in the game.
Second-class poe gamer
I like the idea.

I think they will balance it by doing it this way:

(current item drop rate) = (item drop rate after patch) + (full set divination card drop rate)

So nothing will change in terms of item availability.

I will probably collect them in full sets and store them forever in some premium stash tabs called "Divination cards 1,2,3,4,5"

I hope the art is cool :)
"There are worlds that lie beyond the edge of my page, the edge of my understanding. Worlds of wonder. Worlds of terror." Aramil - Cartographer to Emperor Chitus

2018 Fan Art Contest Top 20: view-thread/2186731 ||| 2014 T-Shirt Contest Winner: view-thread/759460 ||| "Lost Worlds" Div Card Creator
I think that GGG should design some too, otherwise theyre ok.
If they are a 'farming' item, no thanks.
I could care less.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
I could care less.

They will be RNG items. As everything in this great game.
"
"
DoubleU wrote:
I could care less.

They will be RNG items. As everything in this great game.

how are they rng? disregarding that its random when they drop, they dont see random at all
Initially I was excited. Overall, I think it's an interesting concept, and I've always wanted some form of targeted farming. But, there's a paradox here that I'm not sure GGG has an answer to.

Either the individual cards will be so rare that they will be useless to people who play solo and dislike trading (Shags, lookin at you)

...or the market will be flooded with the target items.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info