whats your opinion about divination cards

"
morbo wrote:
I was toying with the idea to farm that Celestial whatever (6L Astral)... then I asked myslef what I'd like to do for the next 200 gameplay hours in PoE - spend all of them in Fellshrine ruins or just play the game normaly (farm maps, dailies, etc..) and pile up those fus?

Well, speaking about that:

Dropped in Graveyard. So, seing as the new map system locks you in circling between 72 & 74 maps, I might actually loot that 6L astral in... about 300 hrs? :p
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

I don't build around what I don't have, it will drop, eventually.

I certainly don't forgo everything else and farm a mundane zone over and over and over where that unique div card drops. Just to drop 1 card after several dozen hours if I'm lucky, only to realise, eventually, what the intention was. I'm supposed to now go and buy the other cards to make up the set, from the 1 in x000 people who passively dropped one as they levelled.

But I realised this as soon as they were announced.

I'll give you that there are some, very few, cards that in a temp league a solo self found player may farm up the low rarity build enabler. I'd personally just wait for the unique to drop maybe chance bases, too, while progressing.

More likely, the solo self found player choosing to farm the cards will get so pissed off with having 3/10ths, 5/11ths, 2/7ths of the unique after spending this otherwise wasted time in bad progression and just go to poe.trade.

Sorry, grepman, divination cards are to solo self found what a bicycle is to a fish.
Divination cards are to an economy player what a bicycle is to a middle aged, environmentalist, keep fit enthusiast in the city of York.

They had a purpose, to make money from support packs and add more to the economy of the game, nothing more and in any way using solo self found as a reason is stretching it to breaking point.

well I would disagree but you know better so *shrug*

div. cards are that guaranteed drop of items poe lacked for a time, with caveat that you have to farm the same area not unlike in d2 where youd farm bosses.

a common unique such as tabula can be easily assembled by farming zones that are good for xp, such as aqueducts. I dont see how its a bad thing for SSF, but again- you know better

or for example, the 'lover' card gives you a random jewelry which is super helpful for chaos/regal recipes
I got 8 cards from 2 necropolis maps last night which equaled 4 extra recipe pieces.

and so on

I thought SSF would like the prospect of getting what they want on demand without RNG, but I guess you're fine with waiting a few months for it to drop and only then building around it. eh I guess, ssf is a tricky business, good thing Im an atheist

funny though, I couldve sweorn members of SSF hated the RNG drop aspect and wanted something guaranteed. I guess not.
I am a bit disappointed regarding div cards. I did 10 (?) Overgrown Shrine Maps with around 200% Quantity today and didn't get a single "The Dark Mage"-card. (in fact not even a single card of any type)

I totally understand the reasoning behind making stuff like that rare, but at this rate, why even bother?

What bothers me though is the challenge to complete 32 sets. How on earth will anyone be able to complete this?

Perception is reality.
"
widardd wrote:
I am a bit disappointed regarding div cards. I did 10 (?) Overgrown Shrine Maps with around 200% Quantity today and didn't get a single "The Dark Mage"-card. (in fact not even a single card of any type)

I totally understand the reasoning behind making stuff like that rare, but at this rate, why even bother?

What bothers me though is the challenge to complete 32 sets. How on earth will anyone be able to complete this?

The same way we do the Unique challenge?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Trading is key.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
Derpey wrote:
"
widardd wrote:

The same way we do the Unique challenge?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Trading is key.

Have a look at how many cards have been found and what they cost. As for the card I mentioned it would be 300c (if there would actually be 6 cards).

300c to get 1/32 of a challenge? Or shall we take The Fiend or The Doctor as an example where a single card is available for 10ex? :P
Perception is reality.
Trade in 5x Gambler, receive 1x Gambler.

LOL this game.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Most rare cards should have alot more required amount of cards to complete with buffed droprate so ppl dont run 1map for a 6h and nothing drop.
U wanted to give ppl a option to farm without too much rng so give them that.
I would rather go chancing for uniqs than farming the most rare cards(because its rng multiplied by amount of cards needed not only rng of chancing uniq)

in short:more consistent drops
"
holocaustus wrote:
Trade in 5x Gambler, receive 1x Gambler.

LOL this game.

lmao that's great. Btw I have 4 gamblers laying around if you want to...uh...try your luck one more time? Eh?

You know those other suckers stop at the first sign of bad luck, but not you: I can tell - you're a pro. A true Gambler. Capital G. Just one more set turn in...
My opinion: The cards are to damn rare.
Some of them are too redundant, i mean there are at last 3 card set that gives you chaos orbs.
Yet i am still here with this, giving only one chaos

I have found like 40 during this time, not to mention the chaos recipe.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info