whats your opinion about divination cards

will they even drop in maps? if no, completely pointless mechanic. I hardly got any so far, and since I won't go back to those areas where they dropped to farm them I might as well throw them away...
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
the only good cards that are in established leveling zones. once you out level an area to a point where farming anymore is pointless then , yes you might as well sell the cards.

i got my tabula , because i chose to farm aqueducts from level 69 to level 75 which works.
you can probably get lucky and farm a single brittle emperor and sell that for 2 exa while leveling form 65 to 80.

and i think you can reasonably use the chamber of sins as decent leveling area if you rush act 1 and just hardcore farm the crap out of it for the summoner / archmage.

but these cards are most certainly not something you can farm more than one item of efficiently.

which means if you do want to farm something , you need to make sure it is something you only need 1 of and it is reasonably common in terms of rarity while still being moderately valuable.

which basically means anything that shares a rarity tier with tabularasa
"
Kavlor wrote:
I don't think they are there to gain you more wealth but control what wealth you get.

this...and u want proof?? how many high demand uniques have their crap vendor counterpart?? thats proof right there that every item ingame over time becomes harder harder to obtain. every new fad in poe is motivation for more stash tab sales.

they throw fuel we put it in our own fire & burn the flame they want...
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
1. newbies want high drop rate
2. casuals want medium high drop rates
3. veteran non-elites want medium drop rates
4. veteran elites want medium-low drop rates
5. no-lifers (plus some elites) want low drop rates
6. no-lifer masochists want super low drop rates

I'm always in the "more the merrier" drop rate catagory #2. DC card starvation is just as bad as some of the currency orb starvation PoE has always had (for example fusings, gemcutters, scourings). Gating DC behind low drop rates negates their game purpose (unless their purpose is to just make us use up more of our precious stash space and get us to buy more stash tabs). It's like "yeah wouldn't it be cool to have this or that divination card" but then devs make the drop rate so low that only no-lifers can get a full stack in 100s of hours of play. Why the f*ck does GGG do that. That does not make PoE more hardcore. Just makes PoE more hard and frustrating to play. That might as well never had this feature if only no-lifers can get it. Trouble is all I get back for expressing this is trolls saying "you must want a rain of orbs and top gear". To that I say hell no! Making PoE rain DC or currency or tier 1 gear is not my desire. But neither is playing for 1000s of hours and having very little to show for time spent. There has to be a better balance in between starvation and loot overload. Right now it's not here in PoE (too much starvation for the casual masses).

Hey GGG, most PoE players have real lives and can't (or don't want to) use that many hours of their free time here to get anywhere. Stop listening to the elite no-lifers and masochists all the time! Stop catering to their wishes and give the starving masses more please. Either that or Chris needs to make a formal announcement that PoE is for elite no-lifers only and tell the rest of us to get the H-E-{double tooth picks} out now. Then at least I would know that GGG doesn't give a rats ass about casuals and give me a clear reason to permanently quit. I'm stubborn and hate to throw in the towel on getting anywhere in PoE (I'll never achieve elite status ever) but if a GGG founder told me PoE is for elite players only then quitting would be the clear choice. So much for GGG wanting us to be loyal to them for a decade or more and 10 acts. GGG needs to give more if they want us to give them more of our time and money.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
They are retarded and just a method to sell more stash space lol.

I had thought that the idea behind the cards were to allow players to have a chance to find some stuff that you normally wouldn't get unless you traded. Clearly, the image I had of what divi cards are....and what they actually are is two different things.

I leveling from 1 - 46, I have only gotten 3 cards total. 1 white (currency), 1 blue (3xChaos), and one orange (1 nightmare bascinet).

Overall, the excitement and allure for these cards are gone for me and not even really a selling point at all for the game.

Simply put they are like all other loot in this game, they never fucking drop lol.

As a result, these cards are just used as currency to players higher level which allows "real" currency to flow back down to the peons. All it really does is "try" and help to keep a fluid economy where money goes from the top to the bottom and back up again.

I'm really disappointed in these things.
"
They are retarded and just a method to sell more stash space lol.

I had thought that the idea behind the cards were to allow players to have a chance to find some stuff that you normally wouldn't get unless you traded. Clearly, the image I had of what divi cards are....and what they actually are is two different things.

I leveling from 1 - 46, I have only gotten 3 cards total. 1 white (currency), 1 blue (3xChaos), and one orange (1 nightmare bascinet).

Overall, the excitement and allure for these cards are gone for me and not even really a selling point at all for the game.

Simply put they are like all other loot in this game, they never fucking drop lol.

As a result, these cards are just used as currency to players higher level which allows "real" currency to flow back down to the peons. All it really does is "try" and help to keep a fluid economy where money goes from the top to the bottom and back up again.

I'm really disappointed in these things.

+1 for me too. I'm into the Belly of the Beast on Normal and only have 3 divi cards. If their drop rates are that low then why did GGG come up with them in the first place (I guess the GGG art department is happy and I also like the art style). Seems crazy for GGG to tout new game feature of Divination Cards and then not give them to us in useful quantities (and no GGG or no-lifers, don't just tell us to farm more... been there, done that in past with very little results and many hours of zombie mind numbing farming and no fun).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Other then the cards that drop in leveling farming zones and maps the rest are utterly pointless.

Drop rates are way too low and GGG does not account for the currency you could make farming other zones
When I get a divination drop, I get so exc... zzz

Good thing they almost never drop (except the useless life armor one)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 15, 2015, 5:47:51 PM
Not what I imagined they would be. I thought they'd be a way to target specific uniques, with an accordingly low drop rate but at least you could work towards a goal piece by piece by farming one area instead of the total randomness we had to date.

Instead I get junk like 40 ID scrolls for a set of cards from Academy. Seriously?

Just another space waster after Atziri fragments which I'll have to make a mule for because no way I'm buying stash tabs for that.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I suspect they will need to look into drop rates again. For them to be so rare that you barely see them defeats the point, as many have said.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info