whats your opinion about divination cards

"
TrelayneNYC wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
I like the cards.

I like what they add to the economy and traders, and I like the option they give to non-traders. I like how they look, and I like the idea of zoned farming (close to loot tables). I can't see a single negative impact they may have.

What if they're so common as to flood the game with the items that they represent?

This circumstance already exists in Standard.

Look at all of the legacy items that exist in the economy, starting from the day after the end of the closed beta.

I have enough faith in GGG to keep things from going awry. POE is the goose that lays the golden eggs. If something's wrong, they'll fix it as they always do.

if they were to flood temp leagues, it would possibly create a lot of salt among hardcore traders
Last edited by likejaxirl on Jun 15, 2015, 1:26:37 PM
"
"
TrelayneNYC wrote:

This circumstance already exists in Standard.

Look at all of the legacy items that exist in the economy, starting from the day after the end of the closed beta.

I have enough faith in GGG to keep things from going awry. POE is the goose that lays the golden eggs. If something's wrong, they'll fix it as they always do.

if they were to flood temp leagues, it would possibly create a lot of salt among hardcore traders

Doubtful because of their nature. If this circumstance changes, then I expect GGG will adjust.

At the moment, there IS a lot of whining about something that will, in all probability, have very little negative effect on the vast majority of the playerbase, one speculates.

I think we should just let it play out. My two cents.
Last edited by TrelayneNYC on Jun 15, 2015, 2:23:38 PM
i guess they reach from useless (40 wisdom scolls) to good-ish (volls devotion). it wont affect the availability at all thought, im guessing.
The drop rate is determined by the value of the prize.
Spoiler
In beta i got 3 gemcutters in 1 run, and 1 birth of the three in like 20 runs
Personally I am excited about the 6l cards And will farm for them without doubt,I rarely use unique's but it's always nice when I can get my skill to 5l since 1 socket is always reserved for leech or lgoh
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
"
there are 3 (4) possibilities for the dropsrates

1. nerf the items theyre assigned to drop rate and make them reasonably common (to keep the availability the same)

2. make them (the full stack) as rare as the item theyre assigned to (and as such buffing the overall availability, but not much.). it would kinda kill the point of the cards

3. make them (the full stack) more common than the item theyre assigned to. this would buff the availability substantionally

(4. make them less common than....ohwait that would suck no matter what)

im just curious what everyone is thinking

looks like no matter what, this is UNNECESSARY CLUTTER / COMPLEXITY in the game... just buff the item rates and get rid of all those cards...
"
jooozek wrote:
More stash clutter.

This. :/
loot filler...so u dont get drops worth keeping...revelation maybe???
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
I wouldn't be able to tell since the droprates are that awful I haven't seen one yet.
Else, just seems like more stash clutter which you won't complete (due to awful droprates).

This game seriously needs improved droprates already, I see more and more people leave the game slowly because it's not fun playing a trading simulator.

"
HainKurt wrote:
looks like no matter what, this is UNNECESSARY CLUTTER / COMPLEXITY in the game... just buff the item rates and get rid of all those cards...

They already went all in and allowed players to buy a design, removing the cards would force them to refund said payment.
They just need to give everybody a stash page with books of some sort to store them in.

I do however agree that we desperately need better droprates, and now with no Eternals for a time period, they should up the Exalted droprates, perhaps one day people will use them instead of using them as a bloody trading currency.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Jul 15, 2015, 4:08:31 AM
I almost reached act 4 and lvl 36 and didnt see a single one.

So i think .... well another change i would not have noticed without reading patch notes.
Divination Cards are just huge bait for 1.100$ income thats it.

I just farmed 10 hours with %75 quantity on gear and %10 from tempest combined , and cleared area really really fast for 20c worth divination card, ended up with only gcp card and 3 hermits...
If i flipped 10 hours or just did chaos recipe or something else i would end up with shitloads of $$

So divinations are just bad design and huge disappointment.
This game is all about trade so there is no such a thing 'farm' 'selffound' 'progress' you either trade or rekt.

Path of Traders the Tradening.
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info