whats your opinion about divination cards

"
VSwift wrote:
I suspect they will need to look into drop rates again. For them to be so rare that you barely see them defeats the point, as many have said.

not really

they are a crutch for solo self found guys. these cards are great for them because they finally farm for a specific unique or currency they want

it's an 'alternative' to trade

however if your religion allows you to trade, trading will ALWAYS be better to farm anything in the game. that's because of how trading works. it's an axiom

if you increase the drop of cards, you might as well increase the drop rate of the uniques/currency (which they did too)
Last edited by grepman on Jul 17, 2015, 7:33:35 PM
"
grepman wrote:
"
VSwift wrote:
I suspect they will need to look into drop rates again. For them to be so rare that you barely see them defeats the point, as many have said.

not really

they are a crutch for solo self found guys. these cards are great for them because they finally farm for a specific unique or currency they want

however if your religion allows you to trade, trading will ALWAYS be better to farm anything in the game. that's because of how trading works. it's an axiom

if you increase the drop of cards, you might as well increase the drop rate of the uniques/currency (which they did too)

That'd require the shit to actually drop m8.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
Derpey wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
VSwift wrote:

not really

That'd require the shit to actually drop m8.
it drops though. different cards drop differently.
Id expect headhunter card to drop once in like 80 hours of farm. and thats fine. if you wanna go that route. most people will just do something else like mapping/atziri/mf farm and then buy it. but if you actually want to farm that expensive item now, you can. no one said how OFTEN they would drop
"
grepman wrote:
they are a crutch for solo self found guys.

Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

fine, Ill bite - what do you do when you want to build around a unique you dont have?
"
grepman wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

fine, Ill bite - what do you do when you want to build around a unique you dont have?

I don't build around what I don't have, it will drop, eventually.

I certainly don't forgo everything else and farm a mundane zone over and over and over where that unique div card drops. Just to drop 1 card after several dozen hours if I'm lucky, only to realise, eventually, what the intention was. I'm supposed to now go and buy the other cards to make up the set, from the 1 in x000 people who passively dropped one as they levelled.

But I realised this as soon as they were announced.

I'll give you that there are some, very few, cards that in a temp league a solo self found player may farm up the low rarity build enabler. I'd personally just wait for the unique to drop maybe chance bases, too, while progressing.

More likely, the solo self found player choosing to farm the cards will get so pissed off with having 3/10ths, 5/11ths, 2/7ths of the unique after spending this otherwise wasted time in bad progression and just go to poe.trade.

Sorry, grepman, divination cards are to solo self found what a bicycle is to a fish.
Divination cards are to an economy player what a bicycle is to a middle aged, environmentalist, keep fit enthusiast in the city of York.

They had a purpose, to make money from support packs and add more to the economy of the game, nothing more and in any way using solo self found as a reason is stretching it to breaking point.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 18, 2015, 6:25:40 AM
Divination card is just another currency for economy, its a common secret (i thought we all know this). Saying they were good for ssf player only indicating that said person never tried to play ssf.
I was toying with the idea to farm that Celestial whatever (6L Astral)... then I asked myslef what I'd like to do for the next 200 gameplay hours in PoE - spend all of them in Fellshrine ruins or just play the game normaly (farm maps, dailies, etc..) and pile up those fus?

But there are some crazies out there that will actually farm the same zone over and over, and the drop rates of cards have to be adjusted for that. And trading.

The only sensible thing to do with div. cards, would be to make them (and the item they reward) account bound. Only then the drop rates could be eased a bit (and matter for SF).
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 18, 2015, 6:30:18 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
But no matter how rare they are, they will serve as a carrot, hoovering in peoples mind as "may be".

If they are too rare they become less carrot and more cock tease.
some cards are good those that aim to give you mid range items- each card is worth then couple chaos. Farming chaos is not that bad - i mean you could say "I will farm x area till i get chaos drop" doesn't sound too bad.
Now say "i will farm x area till i get exalted drop" ... ugh righ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info