whats your opinion about divination cards

"
morbo wrote:
"
whats your opinion about divination cards

They will range from "it sucks" to "it's completely irrelevant" for average (SF or not) players and be an incredible buff for (big) traders.

The economy which is very effective at distributing item X, will be several times more effective at distributing 1/X part of this item in form of more common cards. A singe card for item X will go for cheaper than the % of the item it represents.

Therefore a full set of cards for item X, will have to be a lot more rare than the item it targets (be it through numerical rarity or gating). If a set of cards is of equal rarity than item X, this doubles the drop rate, alongside with a more efficient trading distribution the cards offer. When has GGG doubled the drop rate of anything?

If this system will impact common players at all, will depend on what will Highgate supporters design. If they'll design some common items, common orbs, leveling uniques, etc.. then this will have some positive impact on everyone. If they will design mostly super-rare things, stacks of mirrors and fishing equipment, then divination cards will have zero impact on anyone who doesn't trade a lot or play the game as a second job.

---

The only sensible thing to do with this cards would be to make them account bound. Only in this case a set of cards could be of the same rarity than the item it targets. Ofc. no such thing will ever happen. They will be just another mechanic which will have to be severely nerfed, coz economey is muy important part of the game. (also will have to be additionally nerfed because of botting)

E:
Another negative impact of these cards is that big traders will max out their chars a lot sooner now. Making people cry on the forum how "league is too long, we are bored" two weeks in...

Exactly what I wanted to say.
I still think making them have a 50% chance to be destroyed on trade is a better option than being account bound.
Or maybe we can have special events perhaps happen should you do something with the deck out in the wilds of Wreyclast...... secret Chris Wilson map with all the lead devs as bosses :D

Who knows!

GG GGG
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
pyro861 wrote:
I don't really see the point either. I just want more unique items...not sure why they have to also be cards...am I missing something?

Directed farming, because cards drops in certain areas. Building up towards an unique item as we go -> you do not need that ONE moment of luck, but rather "10" moments of lesser luck.

But, the most important part for me is directed farming. I can farm the places I know these card might drop, instead of hoping that certain unique will drop.

A fine addition to us self found players. Not hyping them too much, tho - as the drop rate probably will be under the floor.

Basically this. Though if its anything like Borderlands 2's drop rates for "directed farming" of certain gear then it will be worse than useless.

I still don't have Thunderballs fists in that game, and I've killed Flint hundreds of times.

At least in PoE clearing an area takes a few minutes at most.

If I want Taryn's Shiver I'd rather run an area I know is weighted slightly to drop cards to get me in the right direction, then run through 300 maps and only ever see the same garbage drop, wasting chisels etc. on pure blind luck.
Last edited by RubySydell on May 22, 2015, 5:40:39 AM
I really like this idea as I prefer self farming over trading.

But it would be much better if GGG made the cards too.

I'm not rich enough, but this would be my idea:

Mirror of Kalandra card!
Required cards for 1 mirror = 10,000
Drop rate same as portal scrolls
Stack size = 1.

Lel.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
The idea is to help self-found, but they're not going to throw the traders under a bus. If they make the drop rates adjusted for self-found play, the trading pool is going to be flooded with what ever item/s they produce.

I don't have a solution for this... perhaps there is none.

Maybe they will give up on the idea that items should be so rare as to "require" trading.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If they make the drop rates adjusted for self-found play, the trading pool is going to be flooded with what ever item/s they produce.

It's this which makes me wonder if the idea wasn't fully... formed. I see no answer to such an obvious paradox.

It'll be interesting to watch it play out.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
2. make them (the full stack) as rare as the item theyre assigned to (and as such buffing the overall availability, but not much.). it would kinda kill the point of the cards

Well, since the items they are assigned to also can drop, (assuming that the card stacks are as rare as the items themselves) the probably of ending up with any particular item goal would be doubled. Of coarse, if this is their goal, why don't they just simply double the drop rates and forget about cards?
Last edited by rob16437 on May 23, 2015, 1:39:19 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The idea is to help self-found, but they're not going to throw the traders under a bus. If they make the drop rates adjusted for self-found play, the trading pool is going to be flooded with what ever item/s they produce.

I don't have a solution for this... perhaps there is none.

Maybe they will give up on the idea that items should be so rare as to "require" trading.

Who is to say that the top tier uniques shouldn't get a drop rate increase. I have played for roughly a few thousand hours over the last three years and the only top tier unique I ever found was a Koams 500hp chest. Unfortunately it was on the Garena server and I cannot use it over here on GGG. I do not feel like I deserve anything imparticular but I have wanted a Shav's for a very very very long time and am basicly starting from scratch again. I spend all my currency last season buying the 1500 fuse 6 link craft from Vorici that took me 3 months to manually trade for and find, only to lose it the next day to a 15 second desynch rip.

Droprates need to be adjusted.
My only fear with these is that they (potentially) promote botting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info