Why won't any of my other friends try Path of Exile? ఠ_ఠ

shit drop rates and desync
I have migrated all my old Diablo 2 friends but they quit for well known problems. They were much more severe than me on their decission. They will come back to check out the state of the game in A4 and decide if stay or not.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
As good as it is, as someone said previously- it's still a niche game within a niche genre.

I would probably lose my shit if one of my friends came up to me and said "Hey have you heard of this awesome game called "Path of Exile," I've just recently started." (ノಠ ∩ಠ)ノ彡( \o°o)\

"
I'm not a gamer, so I don't have gamer friends.

Much easier just to make friends here.

I guess so, but some of mine are pretty casual gamers and they always tend to ask me since they wanna know what I'm currently "playing" it's been the same thing for the last 1.5 years so there must be something to it.

"
Hyskoa wrote:
They asked me how much time they'd have to spend to get the top gear. That's when I started talking about mirrors and they just laughed.

I haven't pushed it on anyone except one irl friend who mentioned Moldran (who he watches cause he plays d3 sometimes) was playing it. He's never really given it a shot or anything but can't seem to sell him on it when it seems too much of a time investment compared to CS:GO or DOTA2 atm, which I play with him casually.

Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
maxkardinal wrote:
Entering time in PoE starting to head Eve Online.

There are two reasons, why all people i spoke about PoE, laugh in my face:

- Legacy items
- Temporary leagues as only way to play normal game, which is not corrupted by consequences of GGG's mistakes.

GGG don't have balls (or brains) to cut off arm left to gangrene.

PoE is rolling because there is no competitor out there.

When somebody will copy-paste PoE's best (depth and complexity mostly) and cut off PoE's bullshits... how many will still be playing PoE?

So much truth in your words. Exactly what I think!

PoE is the best ARPG available, UNFORTUNATLY. Its decent, but it has tons of (unnessessary) bullshit mechanics in it, which wont get fixed, because the game designer and the comunity suffers an elitists complex. It apears that people think that a game requires tedious and annoying mechanics in order to be good.

Legacy items is the best example of a fundamental design flaw, but does anybody remember the 1000+ page discussion about the item distribution in party? PoE and part of its community wanted to keep a lousy system because it wants to be different than D3, even though its OBVIOUS, that an only FFA loot system can not be optimal.
And there are similar cases which have not got its necessary change.

The reason why I dont play PoE much is, because it hangs on too much to old fashioned policies and does not question itself, but rather tries to fix problems by dropping piles of new content on corrupted content.
PoE could need less new content, but a lot more iteration.

Also a common misconception is that simplicity and complexity is the same. The best games are simple while keeping high complexity. PoE has a lot of pseudo-complexity and obvious choice.

Just one example: The armor/evasion formulars
Most people find it hard to understand the scaling properly, but what does it add to the game? It does not provide meaningful choice or alternatives. There is no finesse which allows you to play around with these formulars to gain unobvious advantages.

What if every piece of armor has an absolute and a percentage physical damage reduction? It would be simpler, but you maybe could chose wether you like more % or more absolute numbers. The top 3 tier armor could be similar good, but have different distributions.

But ideas like this are probably laughed at, because they are not enough hardcore, elite or cutthroat and too much WoW (I never played WoW).

This was just a random example of how simplicity could add depth. I think in a game most numbers should be easily interpreted. What is 600 armor in PoE? In Diablo 1 I know what "-4 damage" does and in League Of Legends I know, that 100 Armor doubles my EHP.
But I guess games like these are for noobs and carebears...
Last edited by ExiledRenor on Apr 18, 2015, 8:52:21 AM
I was the part of 7 guys which started to play PoE back in 2011 and now I am only one that is left. Last guy has left in early Nemesis league with much of hate if i remember correctly :) All of them left because of the 3 key elements: unrewarding loot, slow progress and tech difficulties. PoE is not for everyone I presume :)
Mirror of Kalandra?
I tell them that it has lots of interaction with other players (trading) and a rewarding loot system for people with lots of time (RNG).
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
ama wrote:
PoE is not for everyone I presume :)

As is the case with every game. Quite a few people who have left the game, should have. GGG catering to one crowd will cause them to lose another. Flip flopping on identity too much will cause no one to trust that the current approach will remain. GGG remaining true to so many principles they've professed is a good thing.

Not to be harsh, but we should be thankful (in a strange way) that some players leave and GGG remains obstinate on the matter.

As long as the game is thriving*, I hope they maintain this route.

I believe this is the root cause for the 'Game is DED' threads which are based on minimal evidence and self-serving bias. The individuals who do them believe that people need to believe the game is dying so that they can gain leverage over pushing whatever their agenda may be. I'd like to think GGG will go down with the ship than bend if it comes to that but that's an awful business decision :)
This game is complex, hard and deep. Not everybody is looking for this in a game.

I dont want to be rude, but this game is mature in mechanics, others like D3 are made for +8.
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
Outside of desycn,

The skill tree, routine repeative gameplay, bad-RNG

are the worst enemies.

----------------------------

Goods thing about the game:- those random world exiles popping out of nowwhere. This is only the time i feel intense/surprised which disrupt the normal routine.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on Apr 18, 2015, 9:49:40 AM
of the three friends I introduced to POE 2 loved it and play very frequently

all I had to say is that if was free and basically D2 on a ton of steroids lol

they saw the skill tree went holy! fuck! yeah!
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info