Why won't any of my other friends try Path of Exile? ఠ_ఠ

"
DalaiLama wrote:
Many players I know really stick to first person shooters, or are so deeply involved in a long term MMO that they don't have time for anything else. Of the handful of IRL friends I've gotten to try PoE, most said the game was too hard (complexity and challenge).

My sales pitch for PoE has always been all the options PoE gives you and that the game is challenging. The "Cats on..." April Fool's fun had a few people wanting to try the game, but it was over before they found out.

Yes, yes exactly that.

As I've said before, PoE doesn't quite have enough "wow" factor. The cats event gave it a bit of that, because it's not something you often see and, basically, everyone can participate in it. PoE needs more of that, clearly presented (this doesn't mean giving it away, but that it shouldn't be something so small and insignificant that most would not notice).
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Apr 19, 2015, 3:00:21 AM
"
PsionicKitten wrote:
"
StDrakeX wrote:
What is your elevator pitch to get your friends to try Path of Exile?

"It's the spiritual successor of Diablo II. It's what Diablo III should have been.

... and it's 100% free, so if you want to try it doesn't cost anything."

That's my pitch... And I just got my friend to start playing tonight. Let's see if he lasts
One of my friends just got bored. The item system confused him and he couldn't tell what good items were. (like he didn't understand the tier system (blue,yellow) and didn't recognize that yellow items were good.

My other friend complained about desync, unresponsive game play, clunkiness, and bad drop rates for his character.

Third friend got bored within 30 minutes.

Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
Last edited by laycast on Apr 19, 2015, 3:20:34 AM
i have 2 ways, actually/

For Europeans I'm showing every detail of the game, skill tree, gems... and all of them has left! Looks like PoE is too grim and complicated...

For Russians i just point: "hey, you, play this shit with me, it's awesome!" - without any explanations, approx 50% of my friends from Russia is still playing, and we're gathering up every new league together.

(only hardcore)
Last edited by Markrayt on Apr 19, 2015, 3:52:22 AM
Not sure what it'd be for me. It's funny because I started playing PoE after being invited by some guildmates from another game (an online FPS). Sadly they don't play much anymore.

If I had to guess, I would say it's because this game has a multitude of complex layers that one has to understand to reap the most benefit. It's not hard to learn at all, just it takes time and getting over making mistakes in char building (especially early on). I've noticed "most people" like to have their cake quickly before they eat it, PoE is not at all like that. It's a game of patience and enduring past the moments of BS to relish the moments where one survives past obstacles --- at least, this is what I found in HC (a whole other can of worms, I know I know). When I was in SC, all I cared about was making MF chars and getting as much nice loot as possible. This is enough for some people to keep playing, but not for all; hence why HC kept the game fresh and challenging to me.

For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info