Why won't any of my other friends try Path of Exile? ఠ_ఠ

I introduced a group of people but they all quit. One plays very rarely, the others decided WoW is more worth their time. One of them even had a Death's Harp and a corrupted quiver that added an arrow, he demolished everything.
I dunno, they seemed to enjoy it but I guess "real life" caught up to them... *sigh*
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
I show them the skill tree and if they don't run away screaming, the game is for them.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I don't convince friends to play this game. But if I did, I would ask them " have you ever played Diablo 1-2?" If they say yes, then I would go like " Then Path of Exile is for you. Try it out." If they say no, I just move on.
Permanent Hardcore only.
"
StDrakeX wrote:
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but when I try to explain PoE to my friends when they ask what I'm playing currently, I probably come off as one of those brain washed cult members trying to recruit potential suicide victims. I try to sell it as best I can and people end up straight up not believing it, since they don't believe the levels of enjoyment and hours I've put into it.

So my question to you all is; What is your elevator pitch to get your friends to try Path of Exile?

Well, all I said to you was 'play this game, it's like diablo' worked great 8D

I'll show myself out...
Last edited by Ic3dCube on Apr 18, 2015, 2:53:37 AM
Entering time in PoE starting to head Eve Online.

There are two reasons, why all people i spoke about PoE, laugh in my face:

- Legacy items
- Temporary leagues as only way to play normal game, which is not corrupted by consequences of GGG's mistakes.

GGG don't have balls (or brains) to cut off arm left to gangrene.

PoE is rolling because there is no competitor out there.

When somebody will copy-paste PoE's best (depth and complexity mostly) and cut off PoE's bullshits... how many will still be playing PoE?
I got on friend to playing PoE, although he doesn't have time to do so often, when he does he likes it.
He asked me what games I was playing, I told him about PoE, that it was a bit more like Diablo I and II than III is and that it was free.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
maxkardinal wrote:
Entering time in PoE starting to head Eve Online.

There are two reasons, why all people i spoke about PoE, laugh in my face:

- Legacy items
- Temporary leagues as only way to play normal game, which is not corrupted by consequences of GGG's mistakes.

GGG don't have balls (or brains) to cut off arm left to gangrene.

PoE is rolling because there is no competitor out there.

When somebody will copy-paste PoE's best (depth and complexity mostly) and cut off PoE's bullshits... how many will still be playing PoE?

Depends on what you mean "PoE's bullshits". :)
If I can have PoE minus the gambling I would jump ship ASAP.

Of the 5 or so people that I either directly or indirectly got to try PoE, none have stayed.
Out of those 5 one stopped partly because of the lousy drops combined with an equally lousy trading system. The other reason was the other friends weren't playing it and social aspect is important too.
Another one stopped because he doesn't want to deal with his stash anymore. I guess a functioning trading system might help.

I have given up trying to get anyone else to try PoE. I am not really why I am still around, probably because the gem system and passives is really nice.
"
Ic3dCube wrote:
"
StDrakeX wrote:
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but when I try to explain PoE to my friends when they ask what I'm playing currently, I probably come off as one of those brain washed cult members trying to recruit potential suicide victims. I try to sell it as best I can and people end up straight up not believing it, since they don't believe the levels of enjoyment and hours I've put into it.

So my question to you all is; What is your elevator pitch to get your friends to try Path of Exile?

Well, all I said to you was 'play this game, it's like diablo' worked great 8D

I'll show myself out...

How do we get Rudy to play?
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Bosses/Monsters arent that great in PoE compared to other arpgs simple as that, it could change with A4 hope so.
When they have released game two years ago I convinced five or six people to play. We all came obviously from D3 and we were completely bored these days (Blizz just announced RoS). From this group of people just me and my brother in law have finished the league. Next we started playing D3 again but we came back to PoE somehow three or four months ago. So basically just me and brother in law are still playing. In the meantime I tried to convince two friends but they have quit after couple of levels. I dunno why, maybe they expect to be really strong on lvl 20 :)

EDIT: I think there is also another reason in my case. I'm from Poland. For some people the real blocker is language. Unfortunately there is no polish localization of the game. Another blocker is the fact that to achieve some better results you really need to trade and trading means often stuff like Procurement and some pople really don't want (or they think it is too difficult) to install third party tools and stuff like that.
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Last edited by _phlv_ on Apr 18, 2015, 4:00:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info