Why won't any of my other friends try Path of Exile? ఠ_ఠ

I don't try to convince anyone to play any game, but if I did, it'd be: "I like it, it kept me interested for over 2 years. Try it, maybe you'll like it and if you don't- it was free, you didnt pay anything, so who gives a shit".

As good as it is, as someone said previously- it's still a niche game within a niche genre.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Apr 18, 2015, 4:05:17 AM
For the past year or so that I've been playing the game I've been actively warning my friends away from it. There's too many issues with it to be recommending to other people.
'it's like d2 just better' worked fine for the most part.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I only got 1 friend hooked to this game and even he is on a long break, he'll be back for act 4 though.
My other ARPG loving friends think it's too hard and just play it once in a while, some even prefer D3, feels like stabbing in the back :p They all think I'm insane because I made it to 75 once in hc (hopefully 80 in 4 days), that's enough said. This game looks really hard to a lot of people just because ot needs time and love.

Wished I had more friends to level casually with, I think that's a reason why I didn't level THAT many toons in the past half year.
Last edited by leto2626 on Apr 18, 2015, 5:16:31 AM
One of my friends is like a casual playstation type gamer and he says he doesnt like action rpg's because they are just click click on enemies until they die (he over simplifies it to which i cant convince him otherwise. I can easily oversimplify any game in such a way i have said like "football...... kick ball into net"... doesnt work). In addition he doesnt like games without much of a handheld story. He likes games like Heavy Rain and Farenheit which i think are pointless because you basically run to somewhere and watch some scenes and then run somewhere else and watch some scenes occasionally having to press triangle then circle, then square when the game tells you to. Its essentially a movie where you have some reaction tests to do. I'd rather just watch the movie. But we're all different. And i dont find that to be an over simplification on my part, it is exactly that...

My only other friend I still have (getting old, they all move away for jobs and shit), he says he knows he will get addicted and it will take up loads of his time and he doesnt want to take it on for that reason. Fair enough i guess...
Last edited by DexDeus on Apr 18, 2015, 5:42:33 AM
"Desync is fixed" should work splendid.
It's an expanded D2. If this doesn't convince somebody to give it a try, they don't care about hack n' slay or don't know what a good game is.
They asked me how much time they'd have to spend to get the top gear. That's when I started talking about mirrors and they just laughed.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
GooberM wrote:
Most of the time they'll give PoE a go. All of them quit because they found the early game too tedious and boring. Probably my fault.
It's just how PoE works. It's a combination of painful learning curve and not so interesting leveling phase. PoE feels harsh till levels 65-75, which is usually when your build is starting to come together.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
Last edited by Weißenberg on Apr 18, 2015, 6:40:02 AM
We can play path of exile if we want to...

...Cause your friends don't Path, and if your friends don't Path then they ain't no Friends of mine.

- Men Without Pants

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info