3 Years and still no trade system....

"
Frankenberry wrote:
"3 Years and still no trade system...." Good. Keep it that way.
Yay because with your logic
not having something better is better than having something better...
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
xyz will always fall short of a real marketplace...not auction house. im talking about buyout only. after trying to search for specific items for weeks that are a reasonable price it gets really old spending more time in xyz than ingame.

im sorry fellas but unless this game creates a "marketplace" it has an inevitable end.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
"
Well there probably would have been, the community of the game is so obsessed with their hatred of anything D3 that they reject any form of trading that doesn't involve the pure D2 experience, which is RMT, 3rd party websites, and spamming the crap out of chats.

I feel that communities will always gravitate to the easiest form of trading, and in this game that's RMT....even with some form of in game legit trading, that doesn't involve spamming chat and waiting around for people to be on like with forum trading...youll still get RMT....

However right now all the best stuff is on that old famouse D2 RMT site, xyz has some decent stuff but can be a pain.

Ironic thing about all of this is that the community, so blinded by their harded of D3 (over a game lol sad) that they cant see the forest for the trees...there IS auction house and RMAH in this game just on a 3rd party site...for whatever reason separating that from in game makes it ok for these folks. Its one of the most painful displays of groupthink ive seen in a game.

Personally I think the first step to fixing this issue is to have an NPC that can and will hold items while you are offline to facilitate trades when your not around. Give him and item, place the trade amount, log off, when you log on see if someone took the trade.

Like desync though, everyone including GGG will forever pretend there isn't an issue and nothing will be done as it will slow progress with new cash shop things and the next act content..

I agree with some of this. We already have the hideouts set-up as peoples HQ/Shop. Maybe we could introduce a tradesman NPC you can place in your hideout. We could still do with some sort of xyz interface to search for items in game but rather than sniping and buying from that, you have to right click the sellers name, visit their hideout, then go to the NPC and either purchase or offer for the item, with several confirmation screens. If people are online, then you can haggle.

Maybe a minimum level requirement, like 20 or something. I don't know much about botting but I'm sure all of that would act as a deterrence.

I used to play a game called Phantasy Star Universe which had a similar shop system and it seemed to work effectively so you could still sell when offline. This would help reduce trading times and increase playing times. Win-win. People would also be able to buy stuff that got listed but the seller might not be online for a week or so. This would save time trawling through sites like xyz for online people only.

+2
offline hideout traders..means u have to have an invisible party that ppl can join so there will be fukin ZERO parties available... unless they create another "BOARD" for trade specific entrances into ppls hideouts this is currently impossible.

the main problem atm is ppl spend more time outside the game to flip than they spend ingame to play. UNACCEPTABLE STATE OF THE GAME!!!!

also means they will have to have a trade master added so u get more currency than u got paid for (I HOPE)

example of a trade master benefits:

1 alt extra per chaos sold.
1 aug extra per alch sold.
1 jewelers extra per fuse sold.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Mar 15, 2015, 3:43:05 AM
Getting tired of trade posts, but because I can't give up on this game, I would like to contribute to this quality of life improvement:

GGG, FIX TRADE SYSTEM.

I too am getting tired of your fear to add auctions house because you are held back by what happened to Blizzard with real money AH.
I'm also in favor of a trade system in-game. It's a nightmare to try to buy game currency (like chaos to exalt) in bulk unless you start a PUB party in a3m.

There are too many trade public parties in a3m, its a problem if you need a game party in a3m like dock runs or domi runs or even pub maps.

There are also way too many trade channel spams. Looking at those ads for 10 mins gives me headache. :(
I don't mind poe.trade, just wish people would set a freaking price, way to many are blank...so many times do I run into thus scenario!

ME:How much for item?
HIM:Make me an offer?
ME:IDK hows this $$$?!
HIM:Nah to low man!
ME:Well how much you looking for?
HIM:IDK how much you think it's worth?

Like seriously, you're selling the item not me! I don't go into a store and have this argument, I pay the price listed, or on rare occasions depending on the store haggle down! I am to the point I don't even message people with out a freaking price listed. I would love for a better trade system, cause that shit drives me nutz, that and trying to catch someone online is tiresome! And the trade channel is nutz as well, that things like none stop wall of text! lol
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Mar 15, 2015, 1:30:34 PM
Whatever way you look at it when the game is so trade focused it should not be the case that a main proponent of that is left to 3rd parties. What XYZ offers should be in house.
I am in agreement; GGG definitely needs to add a some sort of Player Store or Auction House system internal to the game so players don't have to use external/3rd party systems. It would also make trading a lot easier of GGG standardized currency exchange rates and share trending information. I also think embracing an internal system will allow GGG to much better monitor (and manage) the economy, which is a critical part of PoE.

I also note the trade channel is essentially useless; the only way to really trade in this game is via the poe.trade website and Procurement for store management.
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Mar 15, 2015, 2:32:12 PM
"
justinmm1988 wrote:

Like seriously, you're selling the item not me! I don't go into a store and have this argument, I pay the price listed, or on rare occasions depending on the store haggle down! I am to the point I don't even message people with out a freaking price listed.

real life? this is a game.
nowhere in ggg's rulebook is written that sellers have to specify a price, it's all rules made up by the community itself. speak, it's most influential traders who just copied them over from other games or made them up for their own advantage and convenience.

globally available public buyout prices have massive negative effects on ingame trades and the game's economy and difficulty for new players (they push down non highend item prices long term).
but there is no way to prevent them so the only way to make trading inferior to playing the game is to make trading itself a hassle. sad but true.

means: if the game masters were able to restrict players to see only a small part of all offers and prevent people to effectively specify their buyout prices on external platforms, trading could be made more easier, i'm sure.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info