3 Years and still no trade system....

I personally like the way it is. It is a grind and you have to work at it just like you do for everything else in the game. If you want to make a few ex you vendor for chaos and regal, spend a few mins exchanging for ex and sell a couple fast selling high ticket items along the way. It is about as easy as it is to make it to level 75...most people can do it in their sleep. If you want to make yourself rich you take the time to price everything you have worth selling, you search poexyz to compare prices and make sure you are in the market, you check trade chat to scan for buys to flip...you play the market like a day trader plays stocks. You can haggle your way into a good price, offer item trades or alternate currencies. You actually have to put some effort into it just like grinding your way to a level 100 character. I think that an auction house does nothing but ruin the economy and trivialize trading. You search, put in the lowest price and wait for the ingame mail saying you have currency to pickup while the price of things does nothing but go down as everyone is doing the same thing.

Also on a side note, this game has one of the most complex currency systems in any game. The items that are considered currency are also consumable items. It is not like most games that rely on a basic copper, silver, gold, platinum that also in most games automatically converts. There are even more games out there that just simply have gold. Once an auction house goes in how does the auction house handle that? Does the game automaticly set the standards for all conversion rates? Does the game just make the change for you in the desired currency or do you then have to go buy the appropriate currency from someone else? Does the game chage a "broker fee" like must games and if so in what currency? Is that a floating number in itself? What about the fact that there are so many different currency items that hold different values for different people at different times? It is a constantly fluctuating economy which is one of the reasons it is so great. I may have something set at a price of 2 chaos but someone wants to pay me in alchy, jewelers, alts, fusings. I may have tons of fusings in the bank but running low on chroms so might have a higher price if paying in fusings that I dont need and a lower price if paying in chroms because of my personal need at the time. How do you handle item trades at that point? Can you put a 6L Voll's up for a 6L Searing Touch?

Last thing is just because a lot of people speak out in protest that they want something does not mean that the majority of the people in the game want the same thing. People that are mad, upset, unhappy and angry about something make it known 99.9% of the time. People who are happy and content usually do not go out of their way to point it out for the world to see on the forums or in chat. I personally know people that play the game on a daily basis who never go to the forums and could really care less about what other people complain about in the game. The bottom line is this is the way the game is and obviously if they have not addressed it at this point it is pretty glaring that it is not something they are overly concerned with at the moment and the economy is working as they intended. Either enjoy the game the way it is or go and play one of those game that you consider to be better because it has an auction house.
Do you use PoE wiki? That's third party. I find personally that comment struggles to make logical sense.

PoE.Trade is actually very good at sorting through items, it has numerous variables you can change. Also tells you if players are online, offline which sellers to select based on last post date, cheapest purchase for selected mods blah blah etc etc.

Also how do you know they are not doing anything? When GGG make claims or announcements people hang onto them fiercely, sometimes it's better not to say anything. Because as situation dictates it may not work out as planned, there could be hic-ups which take them back to the drawing board.

You also mentioned that they said this three years ago, I believe PoE was either in closed or open beta at that time. They could see it was an issue which needed closer attention, but to believe they started to develop a better trading system right then and there from the get go would be silly.

They have a multitude of issues to juggle all the time, GGG have been very good to us I believe anyway. I have no reason to doubt them now. They want the best for their game, not just what will do. I cling to this because it's what drives me to support them. Good things take time, have faith - there will be a day when it happens but today is not that day.
#NeverGoing90
Asking if I use the wiki is irrelevant, it's run by Curse, a reputable company.

Poe.trade is run by some schmoe who could very well get greedy one day and attach a nice keylogger to his site.

To the other guy, I never said anything about implementing an AH, in fact I'm against it.

What don't you people get?

I was PROMISED something which I still haven't received, and when I ask about it I'm ignored.

This thread isn't about what type of trade system should be in place.

This thread is about GGG not living up to their word.

I get the feeling not one of you has bothered to read/comprehend my post.

I'm not suggesting anything.... GGG fucking said they would have a trade system that was synchronous with the website, which would enable you to be able to trade via the website without having to log in to the game.

THEY SAID THAT... not me... NOT ASKING FOR A FUCKING AH SO STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

ALL I WANT IS WHAT I WAS PROMISED, OR AT LEAST AN ANSWER ABOUT IT.
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on Feb 26, 2015, 10:21:28 PM
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
What is basically being asked of GGG, is to revolutionize trading. Considering, the possible abuse of b/o bots, more varied trade methods, less down time for players, trade sniping, etc.

Really it's a big ask.. if the answer was easy, there would already be systems in other games that could accommodate all these concerns from which GGG could draw upon and implement into PoE at a faster pace. At least this is what I believe, taking into account the size of their team and other priorities not concerning trade.

Also not upset, it will be a bonus to the game in my opinion not a must.

Sorry that their game has bots! But why do we all have to suffer for it? Yet another reason why I'm taking a break from this game. I wouldn't mind trading for a piece of gear if I could find enough currency to afford it. I never found a single exalt in bloodlines. and farming the chaos recipe is so boring.

What GGG should do is just allow a recipe for Exalts and also allow trading where you don't have the leave your party, i've lost many public parties trying to trade with someone and get an item quickly. and i play bloodlines so there's really only one or two parties per act anyways so if you miss the party you're basically stuck or you can go grind it yourself if you're strong enough, and unless you're a flameblast build you won't be really...

so you basically just sit in town or post on the forums because nobody is playing the game anyways, except bots probably
"
GodlyMe wrote:

Poe.trade is run by some schmoe who could very well get greedy one day and attach a nice keylogger to his site.

It's not irrelevant, like it or not it's considered third party. If you have fears that is your call, you decide what is reputable based on the knowledge you can understand. There was a time before Curse owned the wiki as well. I bet you were using it then too.

You seem firm in your belief, reguardless of good points so I don't think there is much else to say here except that you are having a good moan.

Enjoy.
#NeverGoing90
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
"
GodlyMe wrote:

It's not irrelevant, like it or not it's considered third party. If you have fears that is your call, you decide what is reputable based on the knowledge you can understand. There was a time before Curse owned the wiki as well. I bet you were using it then too.

You seem firm in your belief, reguardless of good points so I don't think there is much else to say here except that you are having a good moan.

Enjoy.

There are no good points here.

No one has acknowledged why I'm frustrated.

GGG told me they'd do something, and they didn't.

That's it.

It's simple.

You have to realize I've been around since early CB. Perhaps you weren't around when this was promised.

"
"
GodlyMe wrote:

The fact that poe.trade is third party is exactly the reason I refuse to use it.

Come on. This was always going to be a heavily community supported game. Always. Anything GGG can leave up to industrious players, they will. And should.

The difference here is that they told us ahead of time that we would be on our own when it came to game mechanics/item info.

Contrary to that, they told us that they WOULD implement trading, and described a very specific system they would use. this trade system they said they would implement is one of the main reasons I donated in the first place.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

Last edited by GodlyMe on Feb 26, 2015, 10:33:08 PM
"
Are you really that surprised that players beat them to it?

Don't bring your support into this. It's not relevant.

My support is relevant.

I supported based on things I was told I would get, which have not been given.

What don't you guys understand?

GGG told me "We're going to have this awesome trade system integrated with the website that allows you to trade without logging into the game!"

And I said "Awesome!, I'm going to donate some money to you so you can do that and all the things you're telling me you will"

3 years later they still haven't done it so I'm like "Hey, GGG what's up with that trade system you said you'd implement?"

They're like "Sorry, no comment".

Fucking really?

"

I've donated somewhere in the neighborhood of $800-1000 to them, and I understand that it's a "donation", not a purchase, but still I feel as though I haven't gotten what I paid for because I donated when I was told there would be such a system. I donated in good faith that they would do the things they said they were going to.

"It's a donation until I don't get what I want"

A true martyr.
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
"
Emjayen wrote:
"

I've donated somewhere in the neighborhood of $800-1000 to them, and I understand that it's a "donation", not a purchase, but still I feel as though I haven't gotten what I paid for because I donated when I was told there would be such a system. I donated in good faith that they would do the things they said they were going to.

"It's a donation until I don't get what I want"

A true martyr.

Reading comprehension. Get some.

It's not about what I "want" it's about what I was told there would be.

I donated because I was told the game would be a certain "thing" and it isn't what they said it would be.

I donated in good faith that GGG would do what they said they were going to and they didn't.

I get the feeling the lot of you are just trying to be contrary, and provocative, because it's obvious you're not reading / comprehending what I'm saying.

I give up.

Maybe I'll come back sometime but I'm done with POE for now.

Shame, because I really am a fan of GGG.

All I wanted was an answer about it, and they couldn't even do that.

I hate to say it but I fear GGG has changed for the worse.

Last edited by GodlyMe on Feb 26, 2015, 11:00:45 PM
"
GodlyMe wrote:

Reading comprehension. Get some.

It's not about what I "want" it's about what I was told there would be.

I donated because I was told the game would be a certain "thing" and it isn't what they said it would be.

I donated in good faith that GGG would do what they said they were going to and they didn't.

I get the feeling the lot of you are just trying to be contrary, and provocative, because it's obvious you're not reading / comprehending what I'm saying.

I give up.

Maybe I'll come back sometime but I'm done with POE for now.

Shame, because I really am a fan of GGG.

All I wanted was an answer about it, and they couldn't even do that.

I hate to say it but I fear GGG has changed for the worse.

it seems u are the one that need reading comprehension, Chris clearly stated they made a new system but they were not happy how it work out in the end so they closed the project, meaning resources were spend but the result was bad

p.s this game has some issues but trading is barely an issue, people are problem (no economy model in the world is problem free, thats just how things work)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info