3 Years and still no trade system....

Yeah, I'm pissed... it's been 3 years.

Numerous people asked about trading in the Dev Q&A post, and all Chris could say is "I don't have anything to announce about trading improvements at this stage."

I mean seriously!?

All I wanted was some info to let me know there's a light at the end of the tunnel and he couldn't even do that.

Am I the only one upset about this?
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
get to someone's instance
give an item for an item

sounds like a trade system to me
They realize that trading isn't the best thing in the world for these games. Trading is fine in many genres, but in ARPGs what's there left to do if people find all your items for you? Nothing. That's what.
yeah id like some trading system :/
the point is that i want to grind not to sell for 20hrs a day :P
simply get item put on market and go grind again and not spam channels for all day and still get no buyers
"
Yerond wrote:
get to someone's instance
give an item for an item

sounds like a trade system to me

alt-tab
spend 5 minutes searching poe.trade for online person selling item you want at the right price
ask them for item
no response
/whois <guy>
in hideout... hmm... Ok, probably not around.

Repeat. Get seller who is actually selling.

Oh, sorry, not actually for sale!

Back to poe.trade. First guy responds to you while you're browsing that third-party site. Figures you're stonewalling him and doesn't respond when you respond back to his response.

Finally find a seller. Get item. Bask in the warm glow of the joy of a working, seamless trading system.
"
Juzzex wrote:
yeah id like some trading system :/
the point is that i want to grind not to sell for 20hrs a day :P
simply get item put on market and go grind again and not spam channels for all day and still get no buyers

I already do this, just requires me to alt+tab every couple days to update the shop.
What is basically being asked of GGG, is to revolutionize trading. Considering, the possible abuse of b/o bots, more varied trade methods, less down time for players, trade sniping, etc.

Really it's a big ask.. if the answer was easy, there would already be systems in other games that could accommodate all these concerns from which GGG could draw upon and implement into PoE at a faster pace. At least this is what I believe, taking into account the size of their team and other priorities not concerning trade.

Also not upset, it will be a bonus to the game in my opinion not a must.
#NeverGoing90
"
We're so used to poe.trade now that just about anything GGG can implement at this point would probably fall short.

And then you'd have something ELSE to get your knickers in a knot about, 'Godly'.

You know me better than that, I very rarely complain. Please don't patronize me.

To everyone else that has replied; I shouldn't have to rely on third parties to trade efficiently.

Besides that, the point is we were promised something 3 years ago that still has not been delivered, and not only that but we can't even get any answers about it.... this is why I'm upset.

Everyone seems to be missing the point... the point is that we were told something would happen with trading and it hasn't. All I'm asking for is what we were promised, or at the very least some info on it.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

Last edited by GodlyMe on Feb 26, 2015, 9:40:23 PM
If Poe.Trade wasn't third party and existed as part of the GGG site would you still be angry?

Like I mentioned they could throw any sort of easier trade system in, but to really serve justice to the PoE community and the needs of the game we are looking further a field to find a balance that meets needs without destroying the game.

Not, an, easy, task.
#NeverGoing90
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
If Poe.Trade wasn't third party and existed as part of the GGG site would you still be angry?

Like I mentioned they could throw any sort of easier trade system in, but to really serve justice to the PoE community and the needs of the game we are looking further a field to find a balance that meets needs without destroying the game.

Not, an, easy, task.

No, I wouldn't still be angry.

The fact that poe.trade is third party is exactly the reason I refuse to use it.

I'm not asking for a specific system, I don't really care what they do, but something should be done.

I feel as though it's been put off far too long, and when we ask about it it gets brushed off.

I do not trade in this game because it's too difficult to find the person that has the item I want.

I've said this numerous times before, I just want to be able to find the person that has the item I want and I'll take it from there.. I enjoy haggling, I'm not asking for an AH, just a way to find people/items.

Everyone seems to misunderstand the reason for my frustration... let me make it simple: I was promised something 3 years ago. I never received it. When I ask about it, I'm told nothing can be said about it.

I'm a residential contractor. If I were to promise something to a homeowner, then not deliver for 3 years+ and when they call to ask about it I tell them "Sorry, I have no info on this" Do you really think they'll ever call me again?

It's a shame... I know for a fact that GGG is losing out on $ from numerous people due to this issue.
I won't be buying any more points/packs until something is done about this, and personally know at least a dozen people who say the same.

I've donated somewhere in the neighborhood of $800-1000 to them, and I understand that it's a "donation", not a purchase, but still I feel as though I haven't gotten what I paid for because I donated when I was told there would be such a system. I donated in good faith that they would do the things they said they were going to.

Last edited by GodlyMe on Feb 26, 2015, 10:10:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info