Protecting your "PRECIOUS" economy ain't working so give up and fix desync instead

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
The fundamental flaw is that people ARE ALREADY cheating, and yes that the effect of cheating that can be applied from this fix will be almost negligable. Any attempt to cheat move speed will be EASILY detected in seconds. And it won't affect the economy at all because you still have all the monster kills and loot generation server side.

The more we go into this debate the more ridiculous it is for these people to justify their position. Talk about unreasonable.

Move speed/teleport hacks won't affect the economy? Are you really that oblivious? x)

I've already finished this thread, you were proven to be wrong, so I'm not going to take the time to answer you anymore. I'm just going to link the post that explains why you are wrong.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

I've played this game for a while now and I don't care to see it or any aspects I like of the game "ruined" because some people are complaining.

What you are doing yourself, is in fact, ruining the game.

Whether you like it or not desync exists. It affects people, the effect is clearly visible and wide spread. It causes great distress to the current and potential players of POE. The forums clearly demonstrate this. Whether YOU have issue with desync is flat out, NOT FUCKING RELEVANT to this thread at all. Telling us about YOUR experience with desync does NOTHING.

The discussion has reached a point where it is obscenely obvious that fixing desync will NOT negatively impact the game. Players who cheat movespeed in races are EASILY spotted by very SIMPLE, BASIC, ONE LINE CHECKS in the server code. Additionally, player and monster position CANNOT affect the economy. Having movement on clients will NOT make players able to generate gear, alter damage output, or kill mobs through non-conventional methods (any more than they already can, anyways).

So what we are left with, is a situation where you and your buddies are doing NOTHING in this thread, but obstructing the path to a better game.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Whether you like it or not desync exists. It affects people, the effect is clearly visible and wide spread. It causes great distress to the current and potential players of POE. The forums clearly demonstrate this. Whether YOU have issue with desync is flat out, NOT FUCKING RELEVANT to this thread at all. Telling us about YOUR experience with desync does NOTHING.

The discussion has reached a point where it is obscenely obvious that fixing desync will NOT negatively impact the game. Players who cheat movespeed in races are EASILY spotted by very SIMPLE, BASIC, ONE LINE CHECKS in the server code. Additionally, player and monster position CANNOT affect the economy. Having movement on clients will NOT make players able to generate gear, alter damage output, or kill mobs through non-conventional methods (any more than they already can, anyways).

So what we are left with, is a situation where you and your buddies are doing NOTHING in this thread, but obstructing the path to a better game.

If you say so.

I think we made clear that there are players out there 100% supporting the decision of GGG to not trust the client more and to keep on this track.

What you support in your blind servitude to GGG is not as relevant as reality. You aren't even doing GGG any favors to begin with since all you're doing literally is hurting the game at this point.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 2, 2015, 6:40:49 AM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

What you support in your blind servitude to GGG is not as relevant as reality. You aren't even doing GGG any favors to begin with since all you're doing literally is hurting the game at this point.

Proofs. I want hard facts in numbers. Until then you are a ranting little child who does't get his lolipop throwing tantra and insulting people.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
The economy is absolutely destroyed.You guys think this is the only dupe method going on ? Please.
Desync will NEVER be fixed. It's been said multiple times.

I suggest you stop waiting for a miracle and you just move on to something else.
No one has any "proof" of anything except GGG. So the question I ask myself is whether or not I trust GGG to make quality decisions based on the data they have available. My answer to that is...I have to, and since I still play from time to time, I must be satisfied.
"
fredo2185 wrote:
The economy is absolutely destroyed.You guys think this is the only dupe method going on ? Please.

I suggest you stop waiting for a miracle and you just move on to something else.

Source on the economy being destroyed? Don't make such a claim and not sure with the rest of us.

No they rather complain in every thread about desync rather then accept the fact that other players are actually enjoying the game without desync affecting them.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
fredo2185 wrote:

Source on the economy being destroyed? Don't make such a claim and not sure with the rest of us.

No they rather complain in every thread about desync rather then accept the fact that other players are actually enjoying the game without desync affecting them.

It's more like other players enjoy the game "in spite" of desync effecting them.
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Proofs. I want hard facts in numbers. Until then you are a ranting little child who does't get his lolipop throwing tantra and insulting people.

The irony is so strong here. There is one clear group acting like children here, "nope I want it MY way! Why? BECAUSE that's why" 0 logical ground to stand on.

Your position is obsolete in this discussion until you do something about the logical corner you are in. See earlier post.

"

-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 2, 2015, 2:25:18 PM
That is an opinion, not a fact.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info