Protecting your "PRECIOUS" economy ain't working so give up and fix desync instead

Except it is. It may even be the only option in the long-term.
"
Except it is. It may even be the only option in the long-term.

No, it isnt. Imagine being able to make your own tabs or mtx. Would eliminate they're revenue.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

No, it isnt. Imagine being able to make your own tabs or mtx. Would eliminate they're revenue.

While, giving the client only the option to be right instead of the server on playerposition, will not cause hacks about stashes and MTX, it still will make it easier to exploit the game even more then it is being done now.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

While, giving the client only the option to be right instead of the server on playerposition, will not cause hacks about stashes and MTX, it still will make it easier to exploit the game even more then it is being done now.

The whole thread is going back in forth of trusting the client for just your positioning or others, but it has been said here before even if you JUST trust the client for positioning that means movement speed is no longer a necessary stat as it can easily be hacked in.

Once you simply trust the client for that then you open the floodgates of well the monsters aren't synced with my client so I keep dyeing, trusting the client only for movement of the character won't fix desync as described, it only creates a different version of it.

Can we go back the the fundamental issues of why this thread was created rather then the generic desync arguments always being made?

The "dupes" don't seem to of had a long term effect on the economy in PoE.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

The whole thread is going back in forth of trusting the client for just your positioning or others, but it has been said here before even if you JUST trust the client for positioning that means movement speed is no longer a necessary stat as it can easily be hacked in.

Once you simply trust the client for that then you open the floodgates of well the monsters aren't synced with my client so I keep dyeing, trusting the client only for movement of the character won't fix desync as described, it only creates a different version of it.

Can we go back the the fundamental issues of why this thread was created rather then the generic desync arguments always being made?

The "dupes" don't seem to of had a long term effect on the economy in PoE.

SMH, facepalm, FML.

IF YOUR CHARACTER IS MOVING FASTER THAN THE MOVESPEED FROM YOUR BUILD ALLOWS = HACKING HOW FUCKING HARD IS THAT TO DETECT. That is LITERALLY ONE LINE OF CODE
GDFKLSGJJGDKLSJGKLJhsgfkljhdkljsghlkjdh

You people are driving me fucking insane with your anti-logic

my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 1, 2015, 5:59:25 PM
Yeah, because we totally see people using these types of movement hacks in other ARPGs all the time... Oh, wait. No, we don't; they actually tend to be quite rare in the games that they exist in at all. There goes that hyperbole.

And, goetz, you are trying to straw-man the client trust issue by defining the rules yourself rather than comparing something they would realistically do. They wouldn't attempt to fix desync with it SO limited that desync was still going on. They would give it just enough to actually fix the issue. Otherwise they wouldn't bother. What that could potentially open up then isn't something you or I can currently know for sure, but we do know that it doesn't mean ridiculous things like god-mode, stash tabs, cosmetic (MTX) things, etc.

One other fundamental flaw I see in all these arguments is the assumption that everyone will start hacking/cheating. It's simply not the case. Some people will, but to act like it will be all over the place is just plain stupid. Even in D2, the only common cheat you would see is map hacks. Not really a big deal.

Either way, action prediction isn't doing anyone any favors, and desync is a slow-killing poison to this game. As the title says, protecting the economy isn't working. They need a solution.
Last edited by AlbinosaurusRex on Feb 1, 2015, 5:58:20 PM
The fundamental flaw is that people ARE ALREADY cheating, and yes that the effect of cheating that can be applied from this fix will be almost negligable. Any attempt to cheat move speed will be EASILY detected in seconds. And it won't affect the economy at all because you still have all the monster kills and loot generation server side.

The more we go into this debate the more ridiculous it is for these people to justify their position. Talk about unreasonable.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 1, 2015, 6:02:26 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
The fundamental flaw is that people ARE ALREADY cheating, and yes that the effect of cheating that can be applied from this fix will be almost negligable. Any attempt to cheat move speed will be EASILY detected in seconds. And it won't affect the economy at all because you still have all the monster kills and loot generation server side.

The more we go into this debate the more ridiculous it is for these people to justify their position. Talk about unreasonable.

You just stated that this wouldn't have an effect on the economy, one of the OPs main points is that the economy is already crap therefore why try and protect it from further cheats. You can't have it both ways, either the economy isn't worth protecting (like op) or the economy won't be affected, however unlikely you think that is.

You can't know the effects of allowing for more cheating would cause, are you from the future in some alternative timeline where this gets added? This is the same exact assumption people try to use for desync is #1 reason people leave PoE, it could be anything, just because its the #1 discussed topic on the forums doesn't mean its the #1 reason people leave, I don't know how much clearer that could be.

Yes anyone in this thread that tries to argue with the 3 of you are "unreasonable" Great way to present any valid points is to dismiss your opposition.

Let me ask you this, do you think trusting the client for player positioning only will fix desync for you, isn't one of your main points all of the mobs move around with leapslam and alike?

You sound like you just jump on the bandwagon of anything that could be a solution (no matter how terrible the idea) simply because you have issue with it, but that is without thinking about points and arguments you made before ON THE SAME EXACT SUBJECT.

I've played this game for a while now and I don't care to see it or any aspects I like of the game "ruined" because some people are complaining.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Again, ignore the facts. Present logical fallacies. Your side boils down to "I don't like it."

"
You just stated that this wouldn't have an effect on the economy, one of the OPs main points is that the economy is already crap therefore why try and protect it from further cheats. You can't have it both ways, either the economy isn't worth protecting (like op) or the economy won't be affected, however unlikely you think that is.

False Dichotomy

"
You can't know the effects of allowing for more cheating would cause, are you from the future in some alternative timeline where this gets added? This is the same exact assumption people try to use for desync is #1 reason people leave PoE, it could be anything, just because its the #1 discussed topic on the forums doesn't mean its the #1 reason people leave, I don't know how much clearer that could be.

Ignores all the facts and arguments that debunk this argument. Repeating it won't make it true.

"
Yes anyone in this thread that tries to argue with the 3 of you are "unreasonable" Great way to present any valid points is to dismiss your opposition.

You accuse others of doing the thing you've done the entire time.

"
Let me ask you this, do you think trusting the client for player positioning only will fix desync for you, isn't one of your main points all of the mobs move around with leapslam and alike?

Nobody complains what skills the monsters use, except in the context that relying on the server only means these skills frequently cause desync.

"
You sound like you just jump on the bandwagon of anything that could be a solution (no matter how terrible the idea) simply because you have issue with it, but that is without thinking about points and arguments you made before ON THE SAME EXACT SUBJECT.

You accuse others of doing the thing you've done the entire time. Again.

"
I've played this game for a while now and I don't care to see it or any aspects I like of the game "ruined" because some people are complaining.

"I don't like it. Whaaaa." Nothing relevant added to the discussion.
"
goetzjam wrote:

What you are doing yourself, is in fact, ruining the game.

Whether you like it or not desync exists. It affects people, the effect is clearly visible and wide spread. It causes great distress to the current and potential players of POE. The forums clearly demonstrate this. Whether YOU have issue with desync is flat out, NOT FUCKING RELEVANT to this thread at all. Telling us about YOUR experience with desync does NOTHING.

The discussion has reached a point where it is obscenely obvious that fixing desync will NOT negatively impact the game. Players who cheat movespeed in races are EASILY spotted by very SIMPLE, BASIC, ONE LINE CHECKS in the server code. Additionally, player and monster position CANNOT affect the economy. Having movement on clients will NOT make players able to generate gear, alter damage output, or kill mobs through non-conventional methods (any more than they already can, anyways).

So what we are left with, is a situation where you and your buddies are doing NOTHING in this thread, but obstructing the path to a better game.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 1, 2015, 7:38:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info