[NO REFUND] Dyadian Dawn returns!

"
dlrr wrote:
Alright you handsome / pretty people. Quick update (which I'll reflect in the OP). Thanks to Chris' help (he apparently had addressed it even before seeing this forum thread), I finally managed some good progress on the unique. Had an IM chat with Rory for about 90 minutes earlier this week and we agreed on the following:

Dyadian Dawn
Heavy Belt
Ignites from attacks burn x% faster
x% life leech against chilled enemies
x - y% fire res
x - y% cold res
x-y life
You cannot deal Physical Damage

Points to note:
- We took only 90 minutes because most of it was already agreed on beforehand with over a year of haggling and headscratching
- This has gone to balance and may change slightly / drastically / not at all.
- The first affix may be replaced with something else as there's a risk it might be too powerful with Charan's Goddess Scorned, etc
- The original downside of enemies under ignite / chill being able to cause that ailment on you was canned because it was viewed as more of an upside when paired with stuff like Mokou's Embrace (and other upcoming uniques)
- I MIGHT ask for the current downside to apply to attacks only, so that the belt could be used for, say, Glacial Cascade or EK+Hatred casters. Not too fussed about it though and wouldn't demand for that if it required me nerfing the other affixes

Naisu, though kinda sad it cuts the damage of dyadus (cause it really needed that, eh?) unless you go AoF and then you wont be able to leech :(.
Like the idea of the spell stuff modification, though also afraid burn might be a dangerous mod.
Oblivious
"
dlrr wrote:
Thanks to Chris' help (he apparently had addressed it even before seeing this forum thread)

Hey, I've got this bridge to sell you...

It got action because it was a front page post for a week and loads of other supporters told similar stories of poor service.

sounds like a belt i would vendor , sorry for not getting your refund - GGG is slacking lately regarding useruniques - also i wish you guys would kinda stop making bad items , we´ve enough of em already.
ok bye
"
Kechop wrote:
sounds like a belt i would vendor , sorry for not getting your refund - GGG is slacking lately regarding useruniques - also i wish you guys would kinda stop making bad items , we´ve enough of em already.
ok bye

Why. Life leech on chilled enemies sounds awesome.
About the belt... I don't know to be honest. It looks like those uniques which nobody buys and are on poe.zyx for 1 chaos. It feels very rushed and the whole progress you described screams "just get done with it already".Looks like GGG declined almost everything you came up with and that you were somewhat forced to accept the final result. I'm not saying that it was like this, but it really feels like it.

Your original idea of a unique item which supports big and slow hits and punishes small and fast attacks was perfect. Felt like finally 2 handed melee's will have their BiS item. I was looking forward to it, since I like to play melee. Sorry it ended up like this.
Hey, congratulations champ. No. Congratulations ALL. ^^

Btw to the haters. The belt looks amazing. Life leech from chilled enemies? And increased ignite pwnage? This belt is a build enabler! So sorry to you guys that it's not another legacy Siege Taker, however =(
Last edited by BearCares on Jan 23, 2015, 5:44:31 PM
If you want it that way, ask if they can remove the phys dmg from Dyadus and buff the ele damage on it.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
About the belt... I don't know to be honest. It looks like those uniques which nobody buys and are on poe.zyx for 1 chaos. It feels very rushed and the whole progress you described screams "just get done with it already".Looks like GGG declined almost everything you came up with and that you were somewhat forced to accept the final result. I'm not saying that it was like this, but it really feels like it.

Your original idea of a unique item which supports big and slow hits and punishes small and fast attacks was perfect. Felt like finally 2 handed melee's will have their BiS item. I was looking forward to it, since I like to play melee. Sorry it ended up like this.

Stop thinking about the damn price or even the usefulness in the so called endgame, lets just congratulate the OP for getting the item he desired.

I swear, GD is the most ungrateful bunch i have ever seen, no congrats whatsoever, rather, people trash the unique before its even made. I feel so bad for the OP and also quite a bit of pity for the people who judge this item solely based in its supposed ingame value.
"

90 mins of Rory's time, that's pretty large, especially considering there has been other correspondence. Good luck with Dyadian Dawn.
"
dlrr wrote:
Dyadian Dawn
Heavy Belt
Ignites from attacks burn x% faster
x% life leech against chilled enemies
x - y% fire res
x - y% cold res
x-y life
You cannot deal Physical Damage

Using both effects at the same time is much more complicated than focusing on either effect independently. However, just focusing on them independently...

"Focus on attack burns x% faster:" AoF and have no physical damage to give up anyway. Now any incidental burns you generate while AoF attacking get extra dps. The belt itself is life, strength, and dual resist, which is decent for an offensive belt.

"Focus on x%ll against chill:" If x>1, it's pretty much better than Doryani's belt. It doesn't have elemental effect chance on flask usage, but it gets +life instead of armor and it doesn't have to come from a raid boss. Any build that uses cold damage and not physical (cold elemental attacking builds with Hrim and IceShot/GlacialHammer OR cold casting builds of all kinds) would benefit from it.

Pretty cool stuff. :)

Anyway, I'm mostly just glad that you were helped. It's still a shame that it had to come to public airing of laundry to get GGG to mobilize.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info