[NO REFUND] Dyadian Dawn returns!

:(

Sorry dlrr.

A year and a half is plenty of time. I don't think you're being a twat at all -- the twatness is solidly in the GGG camp here.
Hey thanks guys for the support.

Mazul, you're right, they haven't done anything wrong. :) I'm just tired and don't want to do this anymore... If they don't give me the refund, that's fine I guess. (darn, maybe i shouldn't say this out loud prior to seeing their response to me!)
"
I know at least one diamond designer was being considered for a job, but couldn't move to NZ.

That's the key. I think quite a few of us would work for GGG (some wouldn't even need to be paid) if not for the physical distance.

Expansion is one of the company's biggest problems.

Recently we've had better luck with hiring people and there are a lot of new faces who are learning how things work and getting up to speed. This is both vital for the Act Four push and for getting through supporter Uniques.

I've been trying to put more resources towards the Unique guys, but they're still really swamped. The unique discussed in this thread is an unfortunate example of one where the process hasn't gone quickly. We had a meeting about it today and I'm pretty optimistic about it now. The ideas are very cool, like his original one that was added to the game.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jan 19, 2015, 11:03:16 PM
"
I know at least one diamond designer was being considered for a job, but couldn't move to NZ.

That's the key. I think quite a few of us would work for GGG (some wouldn't even need to be paid) if not for the physical distance.

Expansion is one of the company's biggest problems.
Aye, I know I would love to work even if unpaid.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
Sad to hear about this experiance :( i know it must be tough for both GGG and you DLRR and i truly hope that they are able to improve on this process as chris stated. <3 BLOW and <3 GGG. maybe everything will work out in the end.
Hey this is a signature! pretty cool stuff...yeah...
It really bothers me to see this.
Ruby light of Songbird dreaming,
Daring King of Swords deceiving,
Queen of Sirens left in grieving,
Star of Wraeclast evermore.
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
GGG is in the process of folding. It's clear to me, as I've seen other companies pretty much acting the same way. Pity.

I think it's slow enough a decay that we can't call it folding yet.

Act 4 will be their last chance to get back to stride though. Firmly believe that.

If this is true or close to reality then I am saddened. I love PoE, what it was, what it is (somewhat), and what it could be.
I love pie.
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
GGG is in the process of folding. It's clear to me, as I've seen other companies pretty much acting the same way. Pity.

I think it's slow enough a decay that we can't call it folding yet.

Act 4 will be their last chance to get back to stride though. Firmly believe that.

If this is true or close to reality then I am saddened. I love PoE, what it was, what it is (somewhat), and what it could be.

I'm saddened to read that too - especially because I don't really know what it refers to. We're trying very hard to make everyone happy with the supporter uniques, and for each case of someone being disappointed there are dozens of successful ones that people are happy with (and many more that are almost finished).

One thing to note before drawing conclusions about the company or future of the game is that a majority of our development output since late 2013 has been on an expansion that we haven't even begun to tease yet. It's coming soon and it's big! While most people understand that the periods of quietness aren't stagnation (just hard work on secret future expansions), it's very interesting to see a few community members switch from saying "They don't make content anymore!" to "Where did all this content come from?" as we announce/release something large.

Edit: this reply is beginning to sound defensive. I'm sorry - my main point of replies in this thread is that we're putting more resources towards the Uniques process so that problems like the one discussed here don't happen!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jan 19, 2015, 11:59:50 PM
That's a shame, hope you and GGG get this resolved in a manner that appeases both parties. As for all these comments about GGG folding/sinking or whatever; the game only gets better with time and will only ever get better. GGG is gonna be fine.
I think the company is going to be fine, and I think Act 4 is going to blow us out of the water. Everyone should be really excited for what's to come. I know I am.

That having been said, I'm really upset to hear about what happened with dlrr. I hope to see your unique soon, bird-brother.
Ruby light of Songbird dreaming,
Daring King of Swords deceiving,
Queen of Sirens left in grieving,
Star of Wraeclast evermore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info