[NO REFUND] Dyadian Dawn returns!

"
dlrr wrote:
Latest Update:

Had an IM chat with Rory for about 90 minutes earlier this week and we agreed on the following:

Dyadian Dawn
Heavy Belt
Ignites from attacks burn x% faster
x% life leech against chilled enemies
x - y% fire res
x - y% cold res
x-y life
You cannot deal Physical Damage

- The first affix may be replaced with something else as there's a risk it might be too powerful with Charan's Goddess Scorned, etc

Sorry but this looks like a new sell to vendor item already, if you replace the first affix it is 100% pure vendor crap (unless x-y life means 300+life)!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Millacus wrote:
"

Suddenly everyone playing POE is a CEO...

lol, owner of own business not a CEO of a corporation. It's not hard to open your own business, doesn't mean I'm making over 100k a year...

It must be hard for some people to comprehend such an idea :) But i wouldn't call employing 700 programmers, a small business... Everyone has flaws.. Mine are video games :(

Ps. PR doesn't solve problems, experienced senior developer does.. But you know he needs stable project with good revenue.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
dlrr wrote:
Latest Update:

Had an IM chat with Rory for about 90 minutes earlier this week and we agreed on the following:

Dyadian Dawn
Heavy Belt
x - y% fire res
x - y% cold res
x-y life

- The first affix may be replaced with something else as there's a risk it might be too powerful with Charan's Goddess Scorned, etc

Sorry but this looks like a new sell to vendor item already, if you replace the first affix it is 100% pure vendor crap (unless x-y life means 300+life)!

Another one of those who doesnt understand that items cant always be GG OP. If you want to vednor it, please do so, but dont trash it before its even made let alone in the game.
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
dlrr wrote:
Latest Update:

Dyadian Dawn
Heavy Belt
x - y% fire res
x - y% cold res
x-y life

Ill miss that lighting res!!
First affix is lovely second afix if more than Doryani's could be fun I think the 45k chaos dmg a sec of the hooker could take supersonic plane!
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
"
Millacus wrote:
"

Suddenly everyone playing POE is a CEO...

lol, owner of own business not a CEO of a corporation. It's not hard to open your own business...

I sell popsicles out've my cooler at the park. CEO STATUS
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
dlrr wrote:
Latest Update:

Dyadian Dawn
Heavy Belt
x - y% fire res
x - y% cold res
x-y life

Another one of those who doesnt understand that items cant always be GG OP. If you want to vednor it, please do so, but dont trash it before its even made let alone in the game.

In a time where we approach a state in standard where you can literally buy GGOP items customize ET/EXed to your needs and in temp leagues those "trash" uniques approach a state of a NPC vendor giving more then a player would faster every leaguer, I think its time to overthink this general statement.

Its been a long time where an Item struck my eye. You might be right with an Item not needing to be OP, but for any unique drawback (lack of stats and possibility to craft those on, drawbacks in form of stats or usability) I want to have a "UNIQUE" way of playing out some skills.

We did not have many uniques which changed the gameplay completly, last being mjölner. And while discharge might have had a bad impact on that one leaving a somewhat bad taste behind, those kind of designs is what I wish for on uniques.

This belt is nothing special and adds nothing to the game which would not be easier achiveable otherwise.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Maybe a stupid question, but how does %life leach work with No Physical Damage?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Maybe a stupid question, but how does %life leach work with No Physical Damage?

% Physical attack damage leeched as life =/= genereal life leech.

There are items out there (and the life leech gem), which work on all damage dealt.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"

So instead we need 50 uniques that no one uses in the end game and gets rid of 90% of the time?

The increased ignite rate is the only really interesting stat on the belt. If it is taken away almost any decent rare belt would be better. Is that what you want?
Standard Forever
This thread started off as an interesting source of feedback from many parties to GGG. Since my problem has been resolved, it has degenerated into quite a bit of moaning both about GGG and my unique (as well as replies from many kind souls defending each one)

I've no issues with people saying the unique is trash. I recall Lightning Coil was branded as trash for the longest time. Better still, Dyadus was called OP for at least a couple of days. Initial impressions in these forums have a high tendency of missing the mark. The counter proposals I've seen for my unique, in my opinion, are unworkable. We can all choose to disagree, that's fine.

Given there's nothing much more in this thread going for it, I'll be asking Support to lock it up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info