[NO REFUND] Dyadian Dawn returns!

I'm glad this is turning around to be a positive It is a shame you were put through this whole ordeal but if I remember reading correctly Chris said they were adding more people to work on uniques.

I personally had a pretty easy going experience designing my unique, so I hope that's the case for any and all upcoming one, especially seeing how this turned out.
"
inDef wrote:
"
Seriously, the amount of pessimism, criticism and complaining, especially from the fancy tag / long time supporters - THAT is getting real tiresome and bothersome to me. I'm not one of them sure, so my opinion may mean much less to some, but I have had my complaints and disappointment in GGG for things here and there, such as that filler called 1.3 and my build getting nerfed to near extinction, but at least I still have a wait and see approach for what they're going to do in 1.4 before giving up and declaring they're dead, they've peaked, yada yada all that negative, juvenile overreaction and jumping to conclusion BS.

Have some patience and belief, maybe play a bit less and take a break during this 'quiet' period to do some real things in life, instead of moaning and bitching 24/7 on forum and be a drag on the developers when they have to see and respond to your shit every week.

By the way, maybe it's just me and I don't know all the details but this whole community uniq designing thing seems like a bad idea and waste of resources, adding unnecessary strain to GGG crew's workload... their team isn't all that big, so having to cater to each and every supporter going back and forth, as if they don't have enough on their plate as it is for their own items and creations... I mean, I play the game based on them devoting all their energy and thought into their own creative innovation, not some random gamer's contribution to some silly item that won't have much of an impact, why mess in any way with this formula?

This is a topic I was quite passionate about back when GGG started releasing the high dollar supporter packs. It is extremely disappointing to me to see what is taking place in this thread. Chris' responses in this thread are only a confirmation of what really matters to GGG and that is money.

Money buys developer ears in this game. Charan can cry about literally anything that he wants and a developer ALWAYS responds to him. In this case he cries and Chris, the lead developer and project manager of the game, responds.

Awhile back I made a thread about the deteriorating performance of PoE with regards to client performance and desync. This thread had just surpassed 40 pages of discussion before it was closed and moved to the "suggestions" forum where it died an invisible death. No developer response, no feedback, no explanation of why it was closed. But what should I expect, I've only spent $150 total on this game since 2012. Peanuts compared to Charan's $20,000+.

Everyday there is a great discussion on these boards about what needs to change in PoE to make it a better game. There has not been a meaningful developer post in MONTHS, short of the recent PR damage control on reddit about the hacking/cheating. Months of silence about game performance and desync. YEARS of silence about the horrible economy/trading system of PoE. YEARS of silence about hacking and cheating.

Then one fucking diamond supporter complains about his unique item design not being what he hoped...charan backs him up... and the lead fucking developer of the game responds immediately.

I'm done with this shit.
"
Koreapsu wrote:
"
dlrr wrote:
Thanks to Chris' help (he apparently had addressed it even before seeing this forum thread)

Hey, I've got this bridge to sell you...

It got action because it was a front page post for a week and loads of other supporters told similar stories of poor service.

Hey Koreapsu, I know for sure it looked that way, and I'm sure it helped apply lots of pressure... but what I didn't realise till after I got home, was that Rory had already spoken to Chris and actually replied to my "please refund" email before this forum thread came up. I highly suggest reaching out to Chris if you're facing the same issues as I did :)

For all those saying Dyadian Dawn is vendor trash, thanks! Please continuing doing so. It'll drive the price down and I'll get it for cheaper! :D Don't want to end up like Dyadus which started so stupid expensive and is now rightfully cheaper. Heh.

Pneuma, yup cold leech is currently proposed to be 3%. Didn't want to put it out there as it might change.
Last edited by dlrr on Jan 23, 2015, 8:35:49 PM
So a shitty version of a doryani belt with higher burn damage (not needed) and no physical damage. Vendors rejoice another trash unique.

Listen man I am normally level headed but for $1000 you better say no and get what you want and paid for. Its just good business if not refund the guy.

ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
I guess the key is making a big forum post if you want someone to answer you about your unique. I mostly wrote mine off as never even getting it. To the point I even asked them if I could just get something else, like an MTX of the design that wouldn't require any balancing on their end.

I didn't back for the unique item, but it definitely was hard to not get a little irritated from the total lack of communication. I mostly just gave up on it awhile ago. I guess a forum thread works wonders though. All that exposure!

I should have pushed hard for it back in closed beta before GGG became what it is now.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Jan 23, 2015, 8:48:11 PM
another vendor trash unique
Congrats man
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
So I'm thinking with this belt...

Well cold to fire ice nova/freeze pulse

Molten shell tank with ice nova for chill, also Vaal Righteous Fire with vaal pact??? You could wear
in order to get it to go off more? I think that could work.

and with ghost reaver you can get your ES back to full whenever you leech from a large pack. Hrm. That's what I'm thinking. I'm sure other people have better builds in mind.
Sorry BearCares, currently the burn damage only helps those from attacks (hence not molten shell). I was asked to restrict it as such in order for the burn value to be higher since stuff like Flameblast don't really need a buff.

There IS a unique that is currently being pretty extensively used that benefits from every single affix (including the downside) so I'm sure this unique won't be entirely ignored in the current meta.

Credit to fellow guildie Eci for connecting the dots straight away! :D
First impressions

A) This belt looks like the Goddess Scorneds little side kick. You would be crazy to not use this belt if you were using that sword.

B) Even with the belt the Goddess Scorned could never be too powerful so don't let the devs tell you that.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jan 24, 2015, 1:02:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info