[NO REFUND] Dyadian Dawn returns!

I would really love a BiS wand for a fire user. I'm not a huge fan of the searing touch.
"
Fourist wrote:
Someone mentioned trying to create something other than a unique item up in the thread.

One of my ideas I pitched was exactly that. I proposed a "unique" consumable micro-transaction that gave the player the ability to rename the text name on their gear to personalize each character and its setup.

I still really love this idea and see it as a win/win for both the community and GGG but they decided it has too much potential to disrupt the game's immersion.

Oh god id love that, but the first one id get id name my sword the knobinator or something because im a immature moron hahaha
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jan 22, 2015, 1:40:30 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Fourist wrote:
Someone mentioned trying to create something other than a unique item up in the thread.

One of my ideas I pitched was exactly that. I proposed a "unique" consumable micro-transaction that gave the player the ability to rename the text name on their gear to personalize each character and its setup.

I still really love this idea and see it as a win/win for both the community and GGG but they decided it has too much potential to disrupt the game's immersion.

Oh god id love that, but the first one id get id name my sword the knobinator or something because im a immature moron hahaha

I want to at least see that Q reward from D2 where you can add your name to an item.
I remember in D2 it was hard as hell to get good adjectives for name due to this.
Imagine "OP" or "Broken" shavs and whatnot. "Jesus_Christ" Crown of thorns,
"Stolen" Brutus Lead Sprinkler, etc
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jan 22, 2015, 1:44:39 PM
lets keep it real here no company has 100% satisfied customers
i wonder what happened to the infernal mantle guy did he leave the game ?
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
Fourist wrote:

While giving a pass to angel wings, demon_'uhhm'_things, sticks with flags, steampunk, headless, on-fire and portals of every unimaginable design.
Casually casual.

"

They should make it so that the unique art shows up only after the unique has been IDed. I think that would add to the mystique of getting a good one.

i love this idea. that would make it so much more fun once there are multiple uniques for bases.

also wanted to say that i love the sound of your belt DLRR. that seems like it could synergize really well with your axe and numerous other things. hype!
Hey this is a signature! pretty cool stuff...yeah...
the "broken crown" is one of the single most cost-effective ways to go low-life within days of a new league (next to lorica). i used it a few days after bloodlines release and only paid like 2c for it at the time. i combined it with a trollmantle + blood-magic keystone (no increased dmg taken when mana is 0) and redbeak for pretty good dmg output.

i personally wouldn't mind seeing more uniques of this flavor that aren't terribly rare or expensive to acquire yet pack a meaningful punch early in the non-permanent leagues.
"
Dracule wrote:
"
davidnn5 wrote:
"
almostdead wrote:
people have paid for them.

I'm not arguing they should get something, but then again, will they? And if asked, would they still want a unique? (knowing full well the delays they will likely still encounter, and the likelihood of producing vendor trash)

Pretty much what Im scared of. I still have 2 uniques to design. Only thing I can think of is a wand to aid in leveling as a wander.

Leveling uniques are awesome. Good rare wands suck to find. This would be an awesome unique.
Alright you handsome / pretty people. Quick update (which I'll reflect in the OP). Thanks to Chris' help (he apparently had addressed it even before seeing this forum thread), I finally managed some good progress on the unique. Had an IM chat with Rory for about 90 minutes earlier this week and we agreed on the following:

Dyadian Dawn
Heavy Belt
Ignites from attacks burn x% faster
x% life leech against chilled enemies
x - y% fire res
x - y% cold res
x-y life
You cannot deal Physical Damage

Points to note:
- We took only 90 minutes because most of it was already agreed on beforehand with over a year of haggling and headscratching
- This has gone to balance and may change slightly / drastically / not at all.
- The first affix may be replaced with something else as there's a risk it might be too powerful with Charan's Goddess Scorned, etc
- The original downside of enemies under ignite / chill being able to cause that ailment on you was canned because it was viewed as more of an upside when paired with stuff like Mokou's Embrace (and other upcoming uniques)
- I MIGHT ask for the current downside to apply to attacks only, so that the belt could be used for, say, Glacial Cascade or EK+Hatred casters. Not too fussed about it though and wouldn't demand for that if it required me nerfing the other affixes
"
dlrr wrote:
Alright you handsome / pretty people. Quick update (which I'll reflect in the OP). Thanks to Chris' help (he apparently had addressed it even before seeing this forum thread), I finally managed some good progress on the unique. Had an IM chat with Rory for about 90 minutes earlier this week and we agreed on the following:

Dyadian Dawn
Heavy Belt
Ignites from attacks burn x% faster
x% life leech against chilled enemies
x - y% fire res
x - y% cold res
x-y life
You cannot deal Physical Damage

Points to note:
- We took only 90 minutes because most of it was already agreed on beforehand with over a year of haggling and headscratching
- This has gone to balance and may change slightly / drastically / not at all.
- The first affix may be replaced with something else as there's a risk it might be too powerful with Charan's Goddess Scorned, etc
- The original downside of enemies under ignite / chill being able to cause that ailment on you was canned because it was viewed as more of an upside when paired with stuff like Mokou's Embrace (and other upcoming uniques)
- I MIGHT ask for the current downside to apply to attacks only, so that the belt could be used for, say, Glacial Cascade or EK+Hatred casters. Not too fussed about it though and wouldn't demand for that if it required me nerfing the other affixes

Thats good to hear. So glad its still going to be done. :)

Also really nice of you to think of the balancing with other supporters weapon.^^

Keep it up, this will be mine one day, that is, if rng is good to me. ;)

Here have cookies for all your great efforts!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info