[NO REFUND] Dyadian Dawn returns!

Thanks again to all the new inputs, great reads all of them.

VictorDoom and Fiveby5, both your uniques are super cool! I'm pretty jealous of them actually! :D and GUN-WANDS! WOW! Darn, I'd like that in-game. Heh.

VictorDoom, I agree with Boem, +1max res doesn't seem that bad to me for a 2H since it prevents use of a shield so no Saffell's / RoTP. But the current iteration is cool too! On the current belt, not to worry, the faster burn damage affix will ONLY apply to attacks. So you won't see any flameblast builds going crazy OP with this. In addition, because it's faster burn and not more burn, burning arrow traps won't benefit from it as the total damage will remain the same. On the block chance, they've removed it entirely as you predicted. It's now gonna be leech against chilled enemies instead.

Fourist, sorry to hear you're going through the same. I strongly suggest reaching out to Chris. He should be able to set you up nicely :)

The_Speculator, thankfully, it seems like they've stopped it entirely (hence Hall of Grandmasters) and are now just coping with the mega huge backlog. Heh.
Last edited by dlrr on Jan 21, 2015, 7:59:43 PM
"
dlrr wrote:
Thanks again to all the new inputs, great reads all of them.

VictorDoom and Fiveby5, both your uniques are super cool! I'm pretty jealous of them actually! :D and GUN-WANDS! WOW! Darn, I'd like that in-game. Heh.

VictorDoom, I agree with Boem, +1max res doesn't seem that bad to me for a 2H since it prevents use of a shield so no Saffell's / RoTP. But the current iteration is cool too! On the current belt, not to worry, the faster burn damage affix will ONLY apply to attacks. So you won't see any flameblast builds going crazy OP with this. In addition, because it's faster burn and not more burn, burning arrow traps won't benefit from it as the total damage will remain the same. On the block chance, they've removed it entirely as you predicted. It's now gonna be leech against chilled enemies instead.

Fourist, sorry to hear you're going through the same. I strongly suggest reaching out to Chris. He should be able to set you up nicely :)

The_Speculator, thankfully, it seems like they've stopped it entirely (hence Hall of Grandmasters) and are now just coping with the mega huge backlog. Heh.

Im glad you like it! i like your dyadus too, its one of the properly unique uniques, you put a lot of thought into it i can see that, and the art is awesome, i hope they add 3d art for it soon

They didnt specifically say that its overpowered, they basically said that its just risky to add maximum resistances like that since we never know what will come in the next patches, and having high max resists while wielding a pretty powerful weapon might turn out to be OP, they were uncertain so i went with it since i wouldnt like the unique to be really good for half a year and then get nerfed to nothing forever.

Well then that belt sounds AWESOME with dyadus, leech on cold enemies and faster burn for attacks, that belt has so many options its going to be really fun to play with, dual strike melee splash dyadus would be so nice with that, even charans unqiue, the goddess scorned, would benefit a lot from the burn damage, the chill leech im assuming also applies only to attacks so its going to be really cool(hehe), but not OP, with soul taker and you could use it with many attack builds since you can just use Ice Nova-CWDT just to chill for the extra leech

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jan 21, 2015, 9:18:40 PM
"
almostdead wrote:
people have paid for them.

I'm not arguing they should get something, but then again, will they? And if asked, would they still want a unique? (knowing full well the delays they will likely still encounter, and the likelihood of producing vendor trash)

I hope they do get something they feel is commensurate for their expenditure, but I also hope it doesn't result in the game being drowned in a sea of items most people have to google to even know what it is, and vendor straight after when they find out.

Sorry, creator of Oro's Sacrifice... The dps looked good on paper!
[Deleted by user]
Unique Map Making~

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1174961

I like music. Do you like music? Cause I sure as hell like a lot of random music.
Last edited by SerythXavier on Jan 21, 2015, 11:58:39 PM
"
davidnn5 wrote:
13 pages of thread, and no one has asked - do we really need 600 uniques? 900? More? In five years time are we going to have 22 types of chanceable 'trollmantel'?

Well..yes.

I enjoy the idea of not knowing what the dropped unique might be. As it stands right now, the moment a unique drops, we instantly know what it is without even having to look at the art.

There's some charm behind multiple uniques on the same base item as anyone who has found a unique occultist vestment will tell you.
"
Lyralei wrote:
"
davidnn5 wrote:
13 pages of thread, and no one has asked - do we really need 600 uniques? 900? More? In five years time are we going to have 22 types of chanceable 'trollmantel'?

Well..yes.

I enjoy the idea of not knowing what the dropped unique might be. As it stands right now, the moment a unique drops, we instantly know what it is without even having to look at the art.

There's some charm behind multiple uniques on the same base item as anyone who has found a unique occultist vestment will tell you.

Is it the same charm that auto-identifies them as part of challenge completion prior to you identifying them yourself...
"
lolbam wrote:
from someone who plays this game to much....

who cares unq items suck when they drop i dont even get excited to see what it is.... i used to hear the sound and rush around to see what dropped.. but now all the unqs are vender trash or if you try and sell them theres 1000 other ones on poe.trade

anyways i wouldnt waste your time with a wall of text for a unq item

Now I understand what you mean with your 'uniques are trash' ideology. You consider them trash from an 'economical' standpoint. And that can be fixed quite easily, if it is needed.

But most of them are most definitely properly designed.

You are just frustrated that you have to turn them in for alch shards.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Lyralei wrote:
"
davidnn5 wrote:

Well..yes.

They should make it so that the unique art shows up only after the unique has been IDed. I think that would add to the mystique of getting a good one.
"
davidnn5 wrote:
"
almostdead wrote:
people have paid for them.

I'm not arguing they should get something, but then again, will they? And if asked, would they still want a unique? (knowing full well the delays they will likely still encounter, and the likelihood of producing vendor trash)

Pretty much what Im scared of. I still have 2 uniques to design. Only thing I can think of is a wand to aid in leveling as a wander.
IGN - Bootloops
Twitch - www.twitch.tv/BootloopsGG
Someone mentioned trying to create something other than a unique item up in the thread.

One of my ideas I pitched was exactly that. I proposed a "unique" consumable micro-transaction that gave the player the ability to rename the text name on their gear to personalize each character and its setup.

I still really love this idea and see it as a win/win for both the community and GGG but they decided it has too much potential to disrupt the game's immersion.
IGN: Fourist

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info