Finishing Touches: My map design [Cancelled]

The only good and interesting idea is the concept, decreased light radius in a forest type map, to make it a creepy experience, horror movie style, it could be accompanied by a custom soundtrack, like actons nightmare has, i like that.

The rest..... its awful, "lol i throw in devourers which are the most annoying mob in the game and i give them a ton of life and damage, as reward some random crappy uniques gl", you can do way better than this, sounds too generic and unimaginative, make it unique and not some crappy version of Untainted Paradise, also in its current state, sounds way too easy for burn prolif builds

Something that would fit the theme more, would be something like ...

Area is dark
Players have 90% decreased light radius
Area is inhabited by ranged monsters
-50% less monster packsize
Monsters are accurate
Monsters have 2 additional projectiles
Monsters have 300% increased life
Monsters deal WHATEVER increased damage
Monsters have 200% increased projectile speed
Players are cursed with projectile weakness
Slain monsters drop a guaranteed currency item

Dont know about you, but the idea of being in a forest map with barely any light radius, getting pummeled on by insanely buffed ranged monsters, sounds way more terrifying than just more broken devourers that you will just prolif to death, or they will randomly oneshot you, woohoo fun.

The idea behind the mods i listed, is to make the map equally terrifying for ondar guiles/arctic armor users, less packsize to make each monster more meaningful, and avoid burn prolif/offscreen builds to faceroll it. The idea for a guaranteed currency drop, would fit the map, everyone loves shiny currency items, if you kill a monster and you hear a currency item drop, you definately want to go grab it, but at the same time you're getting smashed on by multiple monsters from offscreen/outside light radius vision, what is it gonna be? You clear the map, then look for the currency that dropped? But its so dark... you might miss a mirror if you don't pick it up now, but god damn that offscreen chimeral is fucking wrecking me and slowing me, i should go kill him first..

Your idea is basically... FUCK insane pack of powerful crit devourers, well i RIPPED BOYS, that was FUN!
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by yotmato on Dec 31, 2014, 11:49:49 PM
Lol what a map. Flicker spiders, fracture devourers, corrupting blood and jungle valley mother spider boss? Only thing missing there is giving them the proximity shield evangelists have.

No one likes these monsters. Why not add elemental reflect, phys reflect and no regen too while you are at it hahaha.

Why do you make a map with the most unpopular monsters? Why not put skeletons or zombies or something fun instead? :)
"
Lyralei wrote:
I'd imagine it might be better to substantially increase the damage/exp granted by monsters but decrease the pack size.

If I'm to lose all vision, I think I should feel like I'm being hunted by dangerous predators instead of slowly creeping through a minefield of devourers.

Fuck yea, glad someone had the same thoughts as me, read my post above and tell me what you think
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by yotmato on Dec 31, 2014, 11:37:10 PM
How about making it so it only spawns 1 map portal, then it will truly be unique.
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
"
kompaniet wrote:
Lol what a map. Flicker spiders, fracture devourers, corrupting blood and jungle valley mother spider boss? Only thing missing there is giving them the proximity shield evangelists have.

No one likes these monsters. Why not add elemental reflect, phys reflect and no regen too while you are at it hahaha.

Why do you make a map with the most unpopular monsters? Why not put skeletons or zombies or something fun instead? :)

Concept was to make you pussy out / be afraid of spiders and worm thingies <.< though the rewards is nice I think.

Also their is prox shield on one of the boss spiders XD
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
FullBlownDaddy here, stopping by to see your progress and it is less than desirable. FullBlownDaddy will leave this last piece of advice, go back to drawing board IMMEDIATELY, please and thank you.

Peace, FullBlownDaddy™
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
Last edited by FullBlownDaddy on Jan 1, 2015, 3:02:39 AM
Map should be renamed to "Arachnophobia Evermore"
"
FullBlownDaddy here, stopping by to see your progress and it is less than desirable. FullBlownDaddy will leave this last piece of advice, go back to drawing board IMMEDIATELY, please and thank you.

Peace, FullBlownDaddy™

You're not even slightly funny.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
"
"
kompaniet wrote:

Concept was to make you pussy out / be afraid of spiders and worm thingies <.< though the rewards is nice I think.

Also their is prox shield on one of the boss spiders XD

Sounds like a challenge then :)
Change the guaranteed unique drop to, guaranteed unique map drop. That might interest players enough.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info